1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets chasing Camby after expected buyout

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Classic

Classic Member

Yea, it's pretty much a no-brainer if he wants to come here that we could use him for back to backs & foul trouble situations w like 55 appearances avg 8 to 10 min a night. I bet that'd be perfect for him and this team.

2. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Would love him for 10-15mpg if he can stay healthy and play like be did for us two seasons ago.

3. FatChad

FatChad Rookie

The camby man can

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not so sure about that. At his age and with his career, I think he'll be happy to hitch his wagon to a contending team and play in only 50 or so games.

5. jphung13

jphung13 Member

Morey bringing Camby in would be insurance. Doesn't mean at all that Omer is gone.

6. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

camby can play charges jones role. always around to play defense and block
    shots

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

he can still play and he wants to play. He was very unhappy with his role in Toronto. I think he still wants to play meaningful minutes. He can do that with Dallas or the Clips just as easily. If Houston can't even offer backup minutes, i doubt he signs here.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I don't think he cares about playing a ton of minutes. He wants to win a ring and he's also wanted to play in Houston for years. If the Rockets would have matched the Blazers contract they offered him 5 years ago then he would have came to Houston.

9. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I think this is gonna happen. Camby lives in Houston in the offseason and I think has always wanted to be here but we were never a contender that needed his services except for that low-risk move to bring him here 2 years ago.

I didn't see him last year but I thought he looked great two years ago for us. Just an incredibly savvy defender. I don't think he'd mind holding it down on the bench in case of injury at this point in his career.

10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

if d12 goes down still need backup behind asik.

11. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. RoxDaBeard

RoxDaBeard Member

2007 defensive player of the year. I'll take him as a good backup even at 40. He was pretty good for us when he played here.

13. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I'd love Camby here. He seemed genuinely happy to be here during his half season here and he is still a solid reserve big. Depth is never a bad thing.

14. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I agree that bringing in Camby would not signify that Asik is being moved but it would make me (and possibly Morey) more comfortable in moving Asik at the trade deadline if the right deal comes up. If you have Dwight and then still Camby/Smith to plug in at center then you are deep enough for the playoffs. (Smith was our second option at C this year anyways).

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I'm okay with this as long as he doesn't complain about playing time.

With the potential that our team has, I want veterans that are humble and happy to be a part of something special. Not these Stephen Jackson types that come in with expectations and think they're better than players that are 10 years younger.

16. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

The legend Charles Jones

17. Reach

Reach Member

18. Know Your Role

That full court shot that he made is still one of the most amazing trick shots I've ever seen in a game. Nothing but net from the opposite basket.

19. OTMax

OTMax Member

BJ Young or Convington is probably let go anyways so that would leave us with a perfect roster:

Lin / Beverley / Canaan
    Harden / Garcia / Williams
    Parsons / Casspi / Convington
    Jones / D-Mo / Smith
    Howard / Asik / Camby

I would love this roster, 3 deep at every position and we can work on getting that veteran PF later.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, if and when the Rockets sign Camby, will they unveil a photo strip with all the legendary Rockets backup centers leading up to Camby?