1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Jordan Henriquez

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mattlivin05, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Roachiep

Roachiep Member

Henriquez is kinda like Rainman. He's really good at blocking shots, but horrible at everything else. And he only blocks shots now when people drive directly at him, have no creativity and throw the ball right into his hands. NO chance at making the roster, ever I think.

Every season as far as quality of play and skill level he has regressed since his freshman season at Kansas State. Would rather have a 60 year old Camby, or 4 Austin Rivers, or Mutombo's corpse...

2. Harden13

Harden13 Member

Saw the Canaan one after I finished his video. Here it is

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-BMmVL01wjU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  3. hbomb

hbomb Member

big guy, big butt, big bench warming potential.

why is it not october already?

4. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

not impressed, at all.

5. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

That Morey guy ain't afraid to kiss some frogs now is he?

6. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Is there an official announcement from the Rockets?

7. rullrich

rullrich Member

I went to K-State and watched him all 4 years in school - I was amazed that he was invited to a summer league team at all and am stunned he's signed with the Rockets now.

Basically an even more raw, and very underweight version Asik. Decent defense, good rebounding, oven mitts for hands.

Curious where he could go but my expectations are rock bottom.

8. vince

vince Member

I find posts like this beyond annoying. go read ESPN and be happy with your life. Morey has found plenty of diamonds in the rough to make it a possibility. But he has to go throuh 18 to 20 guys to find a Patrick Beverly or Greg Smith.

9. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

10. Normalus

Normalus Member

Vipers back2back Champ's? :grin:

11. Reach

Reach Member

Bye Lin.

12. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

That last sentence in your post proves exactly what I was saying though haha. Just like you said, he has to go through several prospects, all of which have no future in the NBA, to find the Parsons or Beverley.

Therefore, not every prospect is actually going to turn out that way, though there are always people who say they will.

You can't find my post annoying if you agree with it ;)

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Comparing an undrafted rookie that played bad in SL to David Robinson, wow.

14. koopa

koopa Member

Can DD explain why the signing of nbdl scrubs?

15. koopa

koopa Member

Might be the next hashim thabeet

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Looks like everyone else understood it wasn't a direct comparison or prediction.

17. RCKTBachar

RCKTBachar Member

This guy is nothing but a new Nut Rack for Dwight to hang his on during Training camp!

18. tenit86

tenit86 Member

This guy blows.. its funny how everyone the rockets signs gets hyped up on the forum. Expectation Management people!!!

19. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

The insane amount of southpaws on our team smells of Morey creating variance.

What do I mean by that?

Because the majority of the NBA players are right handers. So people subconciously guard players like they are right handers. But the left handers can easily break through those defensive schemes because most defensive schemes are geared towards folks going right.

Hence why most left handers are successful in the NBA if they have somewhat of a serviceable shot.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Think you only got one other reply to your comment. What did you mean then if it wasn't a comparison? :confused:

Even if you're strictly about offense and would suggest he somehow reminds you of David Robinson. Did you watch him play and work out? What in the world reminds you of Robinson? :confused: