1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2012-13

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I don't think Parsons will be traded but I think his production will go down to about 10 points per game with Dwight in the line-up. His trade value won't be as high as it is now.

2. jvu

jvu Member

I would only trade parsons with the bolded players. I accounted likability, age, offence, defense, chemistry, potential, contract, etc. technically, parsons helped recruit Howard.. How would you feel if you were howard and we traded parsons?

I'm not a fan of Lebron and I feel our team are the "good guys" compared to Miami/NY etc. I like this image for our team. I like morey. I'm happy with the team. I trust morey. Wait until trade deadline and we could continue debating.

IBTL Thanks for asking.

3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

You said earlier we cant be greedy. I think besides howard and harden parsons is our 3rd best piece. Our 4th best piece is asik. You said earlier in being greedy I assuming we have to give up someone that hurts. Parsons is a cost that hurts but there are more than 20 guys that you have to trade TODAY for parsons if the phone call comes. Im just saying parsons is ranked 23.

Im not looking to trade parsons I am just looking at reality and seeing all these players that I think could be more and have more impact than parsons if you take out all bias.

So you wouldnt do:
    1)Tony Parker
    2)Joakim noah
    3)Duncan
    4)Cousins
    5)Deron Williams
    6)Rondo
    7)Zach Randolph

if it meant losing parsons?

I keep whittling down my list more!

I am at 22 players I would trade for parsons today NO questions asked.

They are:
    1)Lebron*
    2)Durant*
    3)Chris Paul*
    4)Tony Parker*
    5)Rubio*
    6)Derrick Rose
    7)Steph Curry
    8)Irving
    9)Paul George
    10)Carmelo Anthony
    11)Nowitzski
    12)Lillard
    13)Aldridge
    14)Joakim noah
    15)Duncan
    16)Cousins
    17)Kevin Love
    18)Westbrook
    19)Deron Williams
    20)Rondo
    21)Zach Randolph
    22)Hibbert

Duncan has 2 years left. That is our window. same for Nowitzski.

4. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Houston Gets: Kemba Walker, Ben Gordon ($13 million expiring contract), Brendan Haywood
    Charlotte Gets: Omer Asik, Jeremy Lin, HOU 2015 1st Round Pick

Houston Reasoning: It gives them a very good young point guard to pair with Harden in Kemba. Great driver, and a much improved shooter. Amazing handles as well. Hard-nosed NY-type guard. Gordon to back up Harden until he expires next year and gives us room to pay Parsons or use the money elsewhere. A decent back up center for Howard that can protect the rim at least at an average level in Haywood.

Charlotte Reasoning: It gives them a very good front-court with Asik/Jefferson. They still get a solid starting point guard with potential (only a year older than Kemba). They also get a 1st round pick for continued growth of the team via prospects.

I just enjoy throwing these out there and have a man-crush on Kemba. Does the trade look fair?

5. jvu

jvu Member

Our window is much bigger than 2 years. Parsons have potential to be better than at least a quarter of these guys maybe more. He fits really well on this team.

I wouldn't even take Lebron for parsons. Considering the bad boys vs good guys. I like the potential rivalry. If we take on Lebron than I feel Lebron led the team.. No way I'm down to see Lebron win another championship! tired of his douchbagery

6. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

No to the bold.

7. larry cook

larry cook Member

seems reasonable for each party..

8. Pragmatician

Pragmatician Member

You think Parsons will only average 5 ppg this season?

[​IMG]

9. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

I agree I think Monroe will be the odd man out in Detroit...

10. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I think you need to read it again. He's saying he will average 10ppg, not 5ppg.

11. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

ESPN Trade Machine

HOU in: LMA
    POR in: Asik, Ilyasova
    MIL in: Rondo
    BOS in: Lin, L.Sanders, DMo, picks

12. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

How you figure... Howard is a 11-12 field goal attempts per game player. Everyone can still eat.

But I do think Harden's field goal attempts will go up. And that probably would effect the 4 and 5 position and the bench players... No problem.

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Quoting this as it is overlooked. Well thought out trade proposal. I'm not sure what Detroit is doing. I can see them sticking with a Monroe/Smith frontcourt as it is as intriguing to me as Asik/Smith... but they apparently really want Rondo and you have to give to get.

Seems like a great deal for Houston. I'd caveat that Monroe hasn't proven himself to be all that great of an outside shooter yet, but he is definitely a very very solid big, who should fit as a combo PF/C really well on the roster, and as you note is 23. Of course how does Houston keep Parsons AND Monroe when the time comes? No idea.

I think the question mark is Boston. Knight is still young but he doesn't appear to be anything other than a very very average PG at best at this stage. Asik is very solid, and on a very solid contract (despite the poison pill nature). Neither of the picks are all that valuable.

If Detroit is willing to include a future pick (2014 or 2015 top 5 protected first) I think it gets done... but then does Detroit get enough back? Probably not.

14. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

FYI, Kemba's own coach said that Kemba had inferior PG skills compared to Lin and that he wished Kemba were as good as Lin.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/15/s...as-model-for-teaching-pick-and-roll.html?_r=0

Besides, Charlotte isn't contending soon, so they'd rather have a cheaper RFA in Kemba Walker and wait for him to develop. The more young, cheap, inexperienced, and unpolished their players, the better their tanking draft position. They're in no rush.

The Rockets on the other hand are going into contender now status. If they do move Lin out, it will be to replace him with an older Vet PG. They're not going to wait for young guys like Kemba to develop if they're going to contend now.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Rockets don't need PG skills at the PG, they need SG skills and Walker has those.

16. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

To me, the Al Jefferson move says that they aren't patient enough to continue the tanking process. MJ wants to win now, and he's pushing it. Asik/Lin with the core they have makes them a potential playoff team in the East considering how weak it is, and they might snatch at that opportunity.

17. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

18. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Does it matter? Both are far from what he's actually going to average next year. Guy has continued to grow leaps and bounds as a player. No reason to expect him not to take that next step.

19. AFS

AFS Member

Haven't seen much of Walker, but from what I have seen, he doesn't seem to be a very good defender, isn't that right? He's kinda small and probably gets burned by more than half the other starting PGs in the league. Next to Harden, we really need a PG that can play D, more than someone who can score. A 3+D guy at the PG spot is all we need.

20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I like...