1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

22 players I would trade for parsons NO questions asked

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IBTL, Jul 14, 2013.

1. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

LMAO @ anyone who thought Tfor3's post was serious

2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

YEah john wall he's about 61st on my list somewhere around where these guys are:
    David West
    David Lee
    Amare Stoudemire
    Tony Allen
    Perkins (yuck)
    Eric Bledsoe
    Thadeus Young

John wall is in this tier listed here in my opinion.Perhaps I am undervaluing him

3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Im saying if a call comes and its offering aldridge and one of the players is parsons you have to look at that player.

There are about 22 that fit that as definite yes in my book.

There are all sort of maybes on fence guys vs. pain of losing parsons.

Here are some guys that I dont know I could feel okay losing parsons over:

Bosh
    Asik
    Millsap
    Blake Griffin
    Igoudala
    Josh Smith
    Gallinari
    Harrison Barnes
    Tyreke
    Ryan Anderson
    Ibaka
    Wade
    Gasol P
    Gasol M
    AK47
    Gerald Wallace
    Affalo
    Ty lawson
    Horford

Its tough I mean I like affalo or horford but I like parsons too. Would hate to lose parsons but if it meant horford Millsap Wallace or AK47 even you HAVE to look at it.

4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

or do you feel like its okay to sell low.. and let parsons go if you can get one of these guys:

rudy gay
    Joe Johnson
    Bogut
    Bynum
    sefalosha
    Deandre Jordan
    Tyson Chandler
    David West
    David Lee
    Amare Stoudemire
    Tony Allen
    Perkins
    Eric Bledsoe
    Thadeus Young
    David Lee
    Kevin martin
    Dragic
    Andre Miller
    Udrih
    Teague
    Barganani
    Peckovic
    Jr Smith
    al Jefferson
    Kidd Gilchrist
    Jameer Nelson

5. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Zbo's breaking down and his contract is too bloated. Cousins is debatable depending on how you think he would mesh with Howard both mentally and on the court. Hibbert is good but contract for contract I'd rather have Parsons straight up not to mention we already have the best C in basketball.

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It's you, without even going into the future ramifications of the salary situation, you're plugging in names and not taking into account how they effect other players.

Case in point : Rubio, allowing defenders to cheat 5 feet off your point guard means the p'n'rs will always be poor against any semi decent opponents and the lanes get clogged (similar to how the spacing in LA caused Dwight issues, only worse), he's the only guy worse than Rondo for pairing with Dwight

7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Also here are some salary numbers:
    Cousins 5
    Noah 11
    Kevin love 14
    Aldridge 13.5
    Lin 8
    Asik 8

While I am sure love will be wanting to get paid we might be able to get by with him at 14 for a bit.

We can match up what we need to with lin at 8, asik at 8 and garcia. Also we can chip in around it to make it work.

8. verysimplejason

I'd trade for all of them except Rubio and Rondo simply because they can't shoot. They're good but they don't match. WTH, I won't even trade them for Lin. CP3, Deron or Lillard I'll take any day for Lin or CP25. As for the others, I might think twice if I'm the GM because of implications it'll have to the rest of the roster/salary cap. Unless we're in NY or LA or unless it's LBJ or Durant, I don't think any owner will be able to gamble like that unless the other 2 stars sacrifice some of their money. For LBJ or Durant, everybody in the roster is available, no holds barred. No ifs, no buts, just tell me where to sign. :D

9. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

So you are agreeing with nash and also stating that howard is not good a pick and roll? I am not saying you are wrong or right I am asking?

Rubio is master distributor for harden and howard. Harden and howard need touches and not outside shots from rubio. Sure rubio has to knock but he can come in from within 3 point line. Magic johson, isiah thomas, dennis johnson, these guys were prolific 3 point shoorts.

We dont need rubio for shooting or for 3's. We need dribble penetration and dish. Rubio is the QB and Harden is receiver and howard is inside man. They may fall off rubio but rubio is working pick and roll howard and pick and roll harden all day long. Its like a fairy tale. Rubio is best distributor and open man guy and finder in game close to paul. he finds howard and harden. add a PF and its over. OVER Even someone cheaper than Love or Aldridge like Ryan anderson (10 million)or even a diaw type player at PF.

I agree getting rubio the ideal idea would be to add an aldridge or kevin love. Since rubio is 4 million and love 14 we would have to give up salary in asik and lin and garcia just to get closer to make things start to work. Also big assumption that rubio would play for less and likely love or aldridge would be gone in 1-2 years so anything with rubio howard harden would have to be soon and likely a 1-2 year plan since rubio will want to get paid in next year or so as well.

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Magic johnson and isiah didt rely on outside 3's. Rubio doesnt need to be sharpshooter from 3. He just needs to find the sharpshooters from 3 like harden and the other 3 point specialits that would be lining up for vet min.

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Wall is a future superstar. If you ask every gm who they would rather have parsons or wall I bet anything they all pick wall. Parsons is decent but lets not get carried away.

12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Fine. You are probaboly right. So thats another player that is better than parsons. Its fairly easy to find as many as 30 to 40 players that you can make an argument are worth losing parsons to get. I made the argument that it was 22 at least , and wall isnt part of that, But yeah wall is right there. I like parsons over wall but its a toss up for me.

You are probably right 80% would take wall. But still its not a no brainer like the 1st 22- 25 are.

13. Swishh

Swishh Member

[​IMG]

14. Swishh

Swishh Member

[​IMG]

SMH

there are at least 30 players I'd trade Parsons for. Parsons is not even a top 30 player in the league, let alone top 40. Maybe not even top 50. But for his contract, yes, one of the best contracts in the league.

15. Raven

Raven Member

If you agree with the list, that means Parsons is one of the 25 best players in the NBA. That's top ten percent, so it might be more accurate to say that Parsons is already very good with the potential to be great.

A very good (and maybe getting better) NBA player who is getting paid bird seed.

16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Horford is someone we need to speak to atlanta about but pricey at 14.

Yeah for us to have strong 5 we will need to have some sacrificing here and there.

The question is really becoming do we keep parsons? If we want 5 strong we keep parsons. If we want a strong 3 of howard, harden, and 3 piece plus parsons. Then that is 4.

I am on the fence as to getting something for parsons vs. keeping.

What If parsons falls off ??we will feel like we are in vegas and we let it ride on the wrong pony. We let it ride too long. I feel like we can get a GM to take on parsons now as the centerpiece if we show the GM the right deal. Yeah I know parsons is 800k but if is really looking darn good. The parsons is BIG potential bit. I feel it too. I mean I really feel something special about parsons and basketball. but we might just need to cash in now guys. Its tough, If pretty boy went on to kill it.. and we had traded him might be rough seeing that. I like parsons so this is all just conversation we need to have. I am not ready to trade the guy but like I am saying if someone calls with kevin love at trade deadline or aldridge.. and parsons is part of it. Also unfortunately you have to draw the line somewhere too. Maybe somewhere around here:

1)Wade
    32)Ibaka
    33)Monta Ellis
    34)Wade
    35)rudy gay
    36)Joe Johnson

These guys are pricey though. Next tier
    Gasol P
    Gasol M
    AK47
    Gerald Wallace
    Danny Green
    Affalo
    Ty lawson
    Joe Johnson
    Bogut
    Bynum
    sefalosha
    Deandre Jordan
    Tyson Chandler
    David West
    David Lee
    Amare Stoudemire
    Tony Allen
    Perkins (yuck)
    Eric Bledsoe
    Thadeus Young
    Wall
    David Lee
    Kevin martin
    Dragic
    Andre Miller
    Udrih
    Teague
    Barganani
    Peckovic
    Jr Smith
    al Jefferson
    Kidd Gilchrist
    Jameer Nelson

Gotta be something in there better than lin and asik you think? Better than parsons?

17. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Ricky Rubio. 10 ppg. 36% FG

Is better than Derrick Rose. 17ppg. 61% FG.

Youuuuuuuu

18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Funniest is how westbrook is a 'maybe' haha. But parker is a hell no. and derrick rose. awesome.

19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah okay everyone is beating me up on rubio.

I was feeling it with the 4 million a year for rubio.Then we convince him to take like 8 with the idea we will max him somehow later.. or tell him we will sign and trade after 2 years. Something. We got to get him in. I think this board would go nuts with hate apparently if it was rubio on clutchfans.

20. Pragmatician

Pragmatician Member

From this list, I'd trade Parsons for Lillard AND Aldridge.