1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley vs Derrick Rose

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

Great vid

Patrick has so much energy....I'm glad his playing style hasn't changed.

In some ways, he kind of reminds me of Michael Cooper :)

2. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

Great player, great D and great energy off the bench. I remember watching this game in that documentary someone posted a while back.

3. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

It's strange. People make Lin threads and people get mad because someone just happens to say "I don't think Lin is that good, here's someone I like."
    Then people make Beverley threads and those people who get mad at the posters in the Lin thread goes "Beverley is overrated, he sucks, here look at Lin he's so much better." Finally, the people in the Beverley thread get mad at the Lin posters and go back into Lin threads. Now it's one big happy cycle.

I liked the video, it shows that Beverley has always and will always be the hustle type player that we've grown to support. Does this mean that he's going to be a starting PG for us in the future? Maybe. He still has considerable gaps in his skills that makes him a questionable starting PG. His ability to run an offense, what his numbers would look like playing starter minutes, playing against starter competition, etc. There are still question marks and hopefully he develops into a Mike Conley type player. (Slow development into gradual defensively solid, consistent PG)

4. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

nice vid, love HS basketball

5. bmt1334

bmt1334 Member

I miss Kyle Lowry.

6. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

i've been labeled a LOH just because of this lol. Never once have said that lin is a bad basketball player. but the lunatics on CF will be who they are.

7. bloop

bloop Member

Dude I don't even know what you're talking about. All I said is stand strong with Beverley who is possibly the best PG Houston has had in 20 years. He's definitely up there with Rose. We have proof via grainy 7 year old high school video footage where Beverley gets outscored by Rose and loses the game. I'm not sure what happened because I didn't click the link but the description tells us enough. Beverley = truth.

And if Lin fans come in here and talk about a game where Lin outplayed Wall in Summer league we got that covered by LOGIC as well. Was that playoffs? Was that playoffs? This here video where Beverley only slightly loses to Rose was IN THE PLAYOFFS in high school. There was a guy dropping knowledge on playoffs before on them LOFs. Where you at playoffs? Ima call you playoffs because you have that HANDLED. School these boys.

Also I have an interest in medieval armor and armor related idioms. But I wouldn't expect LOF who aren't even from around here to understand that. 5 STAR THREAD. #ABJALLDAY

8. Akim523

Akim523 Member

I think I get it.... Cuz I laughed so hard at this, absolutely hilarious

9. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I hope Jeremy averages 31/11/11 and Lin fans dominate this site like Team Edward and Team Jacob used to dominate junior high conversations (or so I am told) if it wins the Rockets a championship.

I am also o.k with Lin falling out of the rotation, only playing garbage minutes and Lin fans immolating themselves one at a time on a video thread...if it brings the Rockets a championship.

O.k...so those are my priorities.

10. seahawk

seahawk Member

ABJ in full force now because they know Lin is going to stay and has no one to trade for, so they look inside and find PB again.

1 * thread.

11. rocks123

rocks123 Member

Bev is cool and all but really D Rose?? and in HS?? so should we go ask Bev when will he get back to d rose level??

12. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Look up Beverley's euroleague stats. YOUR GOING TO BE SURPRISED! BTW Beverley had ZERO assists in the last playoff game. I guess it was just a rookie mistake.

13. gene18

gene18 Rookie

I hink Beverley has to be more aggressive on defense. He only tore the meniscus in one of Wesbrook's knees. He should have gone for two.

14. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

Someone trollin you doesn't = a Lin only Fan.

Thats a real live troll.

[​IMG]

For all you know he could be a 12 year old kid fresh outa Jr. High School.

Try not to dignify trolls and just ignore them.

15. EyeAmCommi

EyeAmCommi Member

I'm a big Lin fan and I think that was a great video of Beverley in high school. Amazing how even bench players dominated at each level they played.

16. acjeitherocket

thx for sharing this.

i love P Bev...but he def has a ways to go before becoming a solid starter in this league

17. liveguy

liveguy Member

Unless Lin leaves...Lin is paid more, so by default, he's the starter.

Bev is a player, but he's moochie norris status at this point.....more fan fav than anything else.

Vernon Maxwell used to go toe to toe with Mike Jordan and had MAD heart (like Bev).....but aruhhh......we all know who the better player was in that day and time between those two.

Bev makes sense if this team has Love or LMA at PF....

...unless that miracle happens....slow your roll!

Lin is the starter.

Eveyone should just accept that isht and move along.

Bev will be an excellent BACK-UP this season coming up!

18. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

+1

Slight revision. I do see Patrick becoming a possible starter as long as he doesn't settle and improve upon his game.

PatBev has one thing over Jeremy for sure. He is fearless as I have seen with Jeremy he can have the tendancy to be fearful at times.

19. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

you're seriously comparing Bev with Rose? lmfao! but seriously, you ABJ are just too much. first Machado is the answer, then Douglas, then Bev. who's next? Canaan? i hear he's the next Steve Nash. only on CF!

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I wish the ABJs would leave Beverley alone. Dude has done nothing to deserve hate, other than be the backup PG to Lin.