1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard: Asik is a big piece to a championship

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jocar, Jul 14, 2013.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Asik has been in the league 3 years to Dwight's 9. I doubt the youth comment was a reference to literal age.

2. OmerAsik3

OmerAsik3 Member

i've been saying this all along

3. jocar

jocar Member

Why are you posting here, when you can just tell that to Morey!?

And how come you never give interviews, are you shy?

4. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Dwight made some mature statements I'll give him that much.

5. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

It's not really Omer Asik, dude. Asik doesn't actually have a 3 at the end of his name.

It almost fooled me too, bro. I feel your pain. I feel your pain. :eek:

6. jocar

jocar Member

Oh ok, my bad. I thought maybe the 3 was silent.

1 person likes this.
  7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Asik looks like the guy from OLD SCHOOL who is making out with the maid in the bathroom.

8. DreamRoxCoogFan

Obviously he's calling him younger bc Howard has been in the NBA much longer than Asik has.

9. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

I'm glad Dwight wants Asik here... because I want Asik here.

To me, having Asik or Howard on the court together is invaluable asset that no other team in the league right now really has. Being able to play them together at times when the matchup is right is a bonus.

10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I agree that Asik is a big piece to a championship. If you look at how many teams have just any no skilled 7 footer as their back up just to take fouls and "protect" the rim and see how they can be "successful", then why wouldn't our team that has relatively young experienced talent with two all-star caliber (one being a superstar and the other a borderline all-star) centers not be able to dominate? We literally do not lose much if Asik goes in for Howard. We can play strong for 40-48 mins a night at the Center position. Not many teams can match up.

Defensively we can completely shut down the paint for 20-25 mins or we can have solid defense around the basket for the whole game! As long as our guys are confident in their defense and can play together (talk!!!!) I don't see us having the same troubles that we had last year. A new confidence should be coming into a lot of our players knowing now that we have another Defensive anchor in Howard. The defensive culture hopefully catches on as much as our offensive game and we get everyone playing as hard at Black Pat on defense.

I cannot wait to watch this team on the court! Yes we lose some versatility for now with our "PF problem" but honestly if we play twin towers and let our young promising 4's develop, we could be deep for years to come. Here's to the optimistic approach and having faith in Morey's and Les' decisions from here.

RedNation, it truly is a NEW AGE of Rockets Basketball! Let's Get Turnt Up!

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

In terms of NBA experience maybe?

12. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Picture of Dwight and Omer

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  13. basketballholic

That's funny

14. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

I'd really like to see Asik and Howard on the court together. Hopefully Asik can be happy for at least a season or until the trade deadline.

15. lowlife

lowlife Member

Being new to NBA doesnt mean being new to basketball. European players played basketball before coming to NBA, you know that right? As for Omer, he played in euroleague, european and world basketball championships. He doesnt need lessons from Dwight.

16. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

I want to see Howard at pf and Asik at center. They can figure out on something.

17. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Exactly. I still think Morey's the best assistant GM in the league though, lol.

18. Normalus

Normalus Member

LMAO @ Asik if he really don't want to get rings sitting on the bench with $$ in the pocket

19. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I think they will try and play them together. For about 10 or 15 minutes a game, they're going to see how it works and if it does work there's no need to trade for Kevin Love or Aldridge. But I doubt it will work. I just don't see how can Dwight play power forward, he can't shoot those mid range shots well. I don't see how can those two play?

20. Faithful123

Faithful123 Member

Asik definitely doesn't want to stay. And if a player is nit happy, he can not play harde enough. Playing with Howard or back up Howard will damage Asik stats, demoted his trading value. He wants to e a starter, not a back up.