1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Final possession of the game, who should have the ball?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BEAT LA, Jul 14, 2013.

?

Who should get the ball in a one possession game?

1. Lin

77 vote(s)
    16.2%
  2. Harden

356 vote(s)
    75.1%
  3. Howard

11 vote(s)
    2.3%
  4. Parsons

30 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

What the hell is wrong with you?

2. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Harden or lin and let them creat or entery feed to Dwight.

3. daleri

daleri Member

Hopefully whoever is open.

4. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Depends on how much time is left.

If it is a full possession, I rather have a Lin/Howard pick and roll. Then he can dish off to Harden, Parsons, Howard, or whoever else is on the floor. Don't really trust Lin's jumpshot from 3.

On the otherhand, if there is only a few seconds left, of course you would give it to your best player, Harden.

5. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

I'm not that impressed with his shot creation. Very often, he dribbled and came up with contested shorts that made me rather annoyed.

6. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

I'm not that impressed with his shot creation. Very often, he dribbled and came up with contested shorts that made me rather annoyed.

I'm OK with ball in his hands in the final possession, but there has to be a play called.

7. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

Why is Howard even an option

8. scottie brooks

I say Harden. He is our best and proven playmaker. If needed he can dish to any open shooter, create space, collapse defenses or score.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

But Pop also rely's on either Parker or Ginobili in clutch situations as well. He do draw up plays but he puts the ball in one of those two hands all the time.

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We all know that Harden will have the ball in hand in crunch time and at the end of the quarter. Sometimes we will go with who has the hot hand. They would be crazy to give Howard the ball in a situation like that. But I feel they will give him a try, since he through a big fuss when the Magics didnt rely on him in crunch time.

11. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

The only instances I can think of (someone correct me if I'm wrong) when Lin EVEN HAD THE BALL in his hands in the final 24 seconds with the game on the line were:

1. Airball against Miami
    2. 38 point Spurs game when he wanted to go ISO but McHale asked CP to go to the top to set a screen and consequently drew two defenders to Lin.
    3. Scramble and pass back to CP for the buzzer tying 3 against LAL.

12. SuperManRocketz

everybody going to go after harden or dwight that will leave JLin open to take the final shot..

13. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

Harden. You can say I'm biased because I am a Harden homer but I guess you could give it to Lin if he is hot. but Dwight no (free throws) and Parsons can't create space for himself.

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

As of right now, there is absolutely NO WAY I would trust the ball in Lin's hands with the game on the line in the playoffs and neither would McHale. You are kidding yourselves if you believe otherwise.

The jury is still out on him.

On the other hand, there have been plenty of playoff games where Harden has delivered for the Thunder. Thee have been plenty of times where he was the primary playmaker for that team in crunch time despite Durant and Westbrook being there.

Its not even debatable at this point.

Its not Lin that is annoying. Its the delusional Lin fans that make things annoying and unbearable at times.

I believe he is trying to do his best, and thats all you can ask of him. I dont have a problem with the Rockets giving him another year to see if he can be successful here. If he comes up short, Rockets can move in a different direction. Although I do believe that the Rockets have been trying to move him for an upgrade and will continue to do so unless Lin can absolutely convince them with his stellar play that he is long term guy. If Lin starts the season off in a low gear, they will shop him even more vigorously, however the kind of contract he is under makes it difficult to do so, especially if he is struggling.

#74 Zboy, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  15. Lateralus

Lateralus Member

His ISO was the one highest PPP last year. Next.

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Kevin Mchale!

17. demarco1

demarco1 Member

LIN bring up final 24 second, Lin find the room for HARDEN or Dwight in final 5-10 second, Harden and Dwight free, they shoot and boom

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

When Harden gets the ball in the last 2 minutes, I go totally tense, expecting dribble-dribble-dribble-dribble-dribble-dribble-dribble-dribble-dribble-dribble-HEAVE!

Then I'm pleasantly surprised when:
    A. It goes in
    B. He passes
    C. He drives and is fouled

Using game #82 against the Lakers for example, we need to have Lin and Parsons pass back and forth several times, and then Parsons shoot the ball as flat as humanly possible.

19. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

Harden of course. He's our best all around star.

20. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member