1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Hakeem The Dream Youtube Video

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tanviraman, Jul 12, 2013.

1. tanviraman

tanviraman Contributing Member

I had to post this video because it's so to the point and short. Over the July 4th weekend I was in Playa Del Carmen for a huge bachelor party. Needless to say as we were waiting for Dwight's decision, we were having many NBA discussions and some violent debates amongst guys. Especially with Mavs, Spurs, and Bulls fans::rolleyes: At the end of the day, the most important thing about Dream that only Jordan parallels(maybe Jerry West too), is how superior his playoff stats are. His playoff numbers for his first 11 years in the league are off the charts, especially given the competition(Dream was the same age as Lebron in the 86 finals going against one of the top 5 teams of all time, as Lebron was against the Spurs in 07). No one can touch those playoff stats other than Jordan and Shaq(against lesser competition). The Rockets wasted a solid 5 seasons after Sampson not surrounding him with adequate talent. When considering his ability to perform so well in important games compared to other greats, he is #2 behind MJ only. And the only reason for that is MJ's amazing longevity/consistency at the highest level into his mid to late 30s.

My favorite highlight on this video is the block on Karl Malone, I don't remember ever seeing that one, it's hilarious. I never get tired of the no look pass either. If any of you know of any great Dream videos that specifically feature his defense, please post!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbmm2IZvdtg

3 people like this.
  2. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Thanks for posting. When I get down on todays NBA, often times I will hit youtube to watch an hour of Olajuwon video and everything is back to normal in the basketball world.

3. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

bwahhahahaha-- at 1:24 Karla Malone had his left hand behind his head like he used to do to look like a dumbazz when he dunked. Hakeem put a stop to that sh--.

epic block.

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sbmm2IZvdtg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

That was fun. Thanks to both

6. tanviraman

I feel the same way, especially during the playoffs.

7. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

I'm posting this because the music is excellent, and it's so long. Hands down, the best Olajuwon highlight video (more Dream = better).
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uBrEsNS9zKg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Related greatness:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QfBNuOTrO8U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bonus video:
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/icuT1PJ43nw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  8. tanviraman

That must be one of Steve's best memories in the NBA. That game came out of nowhere when he had not been productive for so long.

Someone needs to make a Dream video like this, but all defense! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22O2lApCBBs

9. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

At this point Lebron has yet to surpass him on the all time greatest list. they are tied in terms of rings, but hakeem stayed put and put up big time numbers. he eventually won two rings w/o leaving his original team.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Best video without a doubt. Rep given. Hakeem's greatness can be measured by his consistent clutch performances in the playoffs. Who can forget the shot block on Starks?
    Clutch defense,clutch shooting,making huge plays,time and time again. Jordan had a better cast,and had better stamina,but Hakeem's will was equal to him.
    Thanks again.

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

WOW, I damn near teared up watching this. Stevie Franchise was my introduction to Rockets basketball and I absolutely loved that he could finish out his career with us with this kind of a game!

12. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

I complained as much as anyone about turnovers and dribbling out the shot clock, but I could never deny his TALENT. One thing about Francis I always loved: he bled red (or cartoon rockets with pinstripes). He had heart like few players I've ever seen.

1 person likes this.
  13. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

The one The_Yoyo made a few years ago is great too.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/luF-e5oPi5k?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  14. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Anything with any amount of Hakeem footage is instant greatness. POST EVERY VIDEO in spoiler that you can find! I wanna see rare stuff from his early days that i don't remember much of(including UH). My memories are 92+.

15. saleem

I love it too.

16. saleem

Incredible! He made everyone look like children. Shaq was all at sea too! Robinson, Ewing and so many more.
    Karla was scared of the Dream!!

17. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Some good steals in there, coulda used a few more -- the dude is number 8 all time in STEALS! (He's got 2,162.) The next center after him is David Robinson at number 49 -- with 1388.

18. drobsnightmare

UH's finest! A lot of love for Dream at the rally! thereasonSF3's video always get me teary-eyed!

19. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

I tired to do a dribble inside/spin outside move like The Dream and broke my own ankle :p

20. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Simply... THE best.