1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where will Brandon Jennings end up?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets88MT, Jul 12, 2013.

1. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

If the Hawks decide to not match Teague, where does Jennings end up? 8 million a year is expensive for a backup and they will have some serious issues with Teague/Jennings on the same team.

Is there any news on this? My friend is a bucks fan and he is losing his mind over this haha.

P.s God Bless Morey

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

If the Bucks get Teague, they'll (reportedly) let Jennings walk. But it would appear Jennings missed out on the payday he is looking for.

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

Jennings overvalued himself. Either way he needs a change his style of play isn't made for a team like Milwaukee.

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

Rockets have the room exception. He can enter a 3-way battle for the starting spot in Houston. :)

5. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

Jennings always makes bad decisions, like going to europe over Arizona. Then he really in his heart believed he was a top flight PG. Top flight PG's don't shoot under 40% consistently while jacking up 20 shots a game.

Jennings sucks, he will never be a championship level team guy

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I think the Hawks will match the Teague sheet. If they do, Jennings needs to take the Bucks qualifying offer and put together an 82-game season that will make people notice.

I hope the Hawks don't match and Jennings goes unrestricted just to see what he gets.

7. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

He made $1.65 mil playing basketball in Europe and $2 mil from Under Armour being able to showcase their products in the euro league. He also was possibly going to be academically ineligible for the NCAA.

He was then selected 10th overall in the draft.

I don't know how you see that as a bad move, it might have been his only move.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think more players should go play in Europe. The competition is spectacular, you typically will learn to play a more modern NBA-friendly style of basketball. Jennings was a pioneer, he should have gotten more credit for having the balls to do that.

If I was a stud I'd genuinely consider playing overseas as opposed to the slave labor setup they have in college. UT needed Durant more than Durant needed UT... plus, he'd have been a better player coming out because he played down low a lot at UT. In Europe he would have had the ball in his hands and been in a free flowing offense playing against better competition than Mario Bogan.

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

He goes back to the Bucks.

10. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Nobody wants him. Poor guy.

11. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

At what price would you want him in houston?

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Very underrated player. Every Bucks win is a result of Jennings, Ilyasova and Sanders.

His percentages aren't as bad as they seem because the majority of his shots are three pointers, where he shot 38% last year. Solid decision maker too.

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I don't think Jennings is worth more than 8 mil no matter what he thinks. If he gets anything over 9 mil thats overpaying for potential. Jeff Teague can score 19 a game if he decided to chuck up more shots.

Jeremy Tyler also chose overseas instead of college. He even skipped a HIGH school senior year. That didnt work out too well. He'da probably been better off chewing up the college competition if its about getting bottom line better NBA draft slot. But I won't knock a player getting paid for ball instead of going to college. Glen Rice Jr went to D-League, got paid a little change and still got drafted, good for him even if unintentional.

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I couldn't disagree more. He's a volume scorer. He's a better version of Aaron Brooks. And the worst part is he comes across as cocky.

Teague is the better player and I expect the Hawks to match his offer accordingly.

15. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

He didn't make a bad decision the bucks didn't offer him an extension what is he suppose to do

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The real story here is that there is a Bucks fan. I feel really bad for him. It must be lonely.

17. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

There several stat that incorporate 3pt%.

His TS% 0.510 - league average is around 0.53. His shooting last year was below average.

His career average TS% = .498. Anything below 0.500 is considered bad.

18. NotChandlerParsons

He should pay us to play for the Rockets.

19. hoopcity

hoopcity Member

Can the Lakers sign the guy?

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I'd be killing myself over that pavhilia deal.