1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What did you do on 7/5/13 when you heard D12's decision to sign with Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by houston#1, Jul 11, 2013.

1. OmerAsik3

OmerAsik3 Member

i was sleeping

2. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

I shot an 88

3. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

I had just gotten home from taking the kids to watch Despicable Me 2, and as usual when I get home I grab my iPad and checked clutchfans. Saw the breaking news and was glad that I was free from Clutchfans knowing I didnt have to keep pressing f5 all day and week. whew!

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I was in a H&M in Atlanta (visited younger brother).

We were trying our best to not go crazy in the store. Then, I bought shots for everyone.

#64 sammy, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Had just arrived home from the office...watched with my wife and sons, because I knew it was going to happen right before SportsCenter started at 5. High fives all around...on to Lupe Tortilla for fajitas and margaritas! :)

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This. My wife and sister were thoroughly annoyed on our trip. I literally had my head down (reading cfans, twitter) while we were out and about.

They would say something and I would be like huh. After we got him, I tried to explain what we as Rockets fans have gone through for over a decade, etc :grin:

7. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

In bed not being able to sleep.
    Before i went to bed I checked the BBS,
    At 1 AM I woke up and i immediatly to the BBS (damn you smartphones), and saw Threads that said he signed with the Rockets, and others that it was still 50-50, and even that he decided to stay with the Lakers.
    I tried to sleep and at around 3 AM, I couldn't take it anymore and went to the BBS again, and then I saw it was official. The remaining of the night I couldn't sleep anymore.

8. 45souf

45souf Member

Dropped a 8 couric terd...

9. Garner

Garner Member

I was on the way to the bar to meet some thunder fans. It was glorious.

10. J-Mart

J-Mart New Member

I was making fun of all my Lakers friends in Puerto Rico.

11. Rokman

Rokman Member

Took a huge sigh of relief and had a couple of beers to celebrate! Then annoyed my wife with the news about Royce White's sorry butt getting jettisoned and that we kept Francisco Garcia! That was a great day!

12. RoxDaBeard

RoxDaBeard Member

I pee'd a lil bit.

13. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i posted it on clutchfans to let me brethren know!

14. tr3yzle

tr3yzle Member

I had twitter, facebook, clutchfans, four letter network, other social networking and any other sport sites I thought might be credible. I needed to find my own MULTIPLE SOURCES since we were hearing so many stupid things from Kennedy and Broussard. My F5 is permanently broken.

15. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

talked smack to my laker friends on fb

16. Red&BlackPudman

I took a lot of shots

17. Eddy F.

Eddy F. Member

You know its so hard for them to understand, but you just have to try because they have to accept that fact that the Rockets are part of who you are. I have been a fan since I was 16, and I am 26 now, and I already feel like I've been through so much as a Rockets fan. I can't imagine what the Dream era fans have had to go through, especially coming from the 2 championships.

This is how my day went:

1.) Saw on clutchfans that Dwight is signing with Houston. :eek: :grin: Posted all sorts of Howard to Houston links on my Facebook timeline.
    2.) Saw that he was 50-50. :mad::rolleyes: Deletes Facebook links.
    3.) Walked around the house as if someone had died. Told myself that the sooner I accepted things, the better I would feel. :(
    4.) Goes on clutchfans again, and then sees that it really is official and that Broussard was just full of it. :grin::grin::cool::cool::grin::grin::cool::cool: Posts links on my Facebook timeline again.

18. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I finally dumped my girlfriend & got drunk. One of the best days of my life.

19. sergio

sergio Member

Two awesome Fridays in a row for me. Dwight picks Houston last Friday and today I land a job that I trained and planned for a year. I'm so happy right now. Life's been good to me this year.

20. mario_v

mario_v Member

I got online to clutchfans as soon as I got off from work. It sounded more and more likely that Howard was heading to Golden State. Warriors were making alot of trades to clear cap space.

I, of course thought it was only a matter of time for Dwight to announce he would join the warriors. I thought to myself, "well I know how this story ends...", did not want to be dissapointed so I got offline and just laid on my bed, bummed out

15 minutes later, I changed the channel to espn, when I hear "Breaking News: Dwight agrees to sign with Houston". I couldnt believe it, I still can't believe it. I immediately go on clutchfans to celebrate and read everyone's comments. I texted all my friends, so excited to finally get the player we've coveted for 2 years.