1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'll save you the trouble regarding Lin.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Panda23, Jul 7, 2013.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Because he doesn't fit with what we are doing. He is not efficient and his skill set does not mesh with what this offense needs him to be doing and what he needs to be good at.

It is not hatred, it is not racism, it is not anything other than two groups of people who have different priorities in basketball.

There is no debate here. The Houston Rockets are Harden/Howard and how the surrounding pieces will help work off of those guys. What is best for Jeremy Lin is not important or relevant. He is a role player, and one that does not fit here. He is a relic of pre-Harden and pre-Howard era.

Who gives a crap about Lin fans or what Lin is or is not allowed to do. This is a Houston Rockets fan forum, this is not a Jeremy Lin fan forum. We are interested in the Rockets performing at the best possible level. We are not interested in Jeremy Lin getting his stats and if that is what you are interested in, you need to go elsewhere. Here are some websites which can find people who think like you are interested in what you are.

http://www.jeremylin.net/
    http://jlinfans.net/

2 people like this.
  2. kcd

kcd Member

Well, until Lin is not longer on the team he's still a Rocket I don't see why discussing him isn't ok.

3. larsv8

There is nothing wrong with discussing Lin, that is not the point.

4. pademon

pademon Member

I'll add something to the "logical rocket fan" category.

Remember when the Knicks put together Tyson Chandler, Melo and Stat. They were their big 3. They were supposed to be title contenders. Stat got injured but they still got their Big 2, who incidentally played the same positions as DH and Harden. But the team still somehow performed abysmally. Their biggest issue as discussed back then was that they lacked a decent point guard. After failing with other "superior" PG, Lin came on the scene. From a reasonable perspective, Lin performed a decent job as a starter. Put it simply, IT WORKED for them.

If the Rockets just gives up on Lin without at least giving him a chance to perform, its all good if the replacement can outperformed Lin, but if not, then the Rockets may be kicking themselves and have to struggle to find a decent replacement.

Of course you can always say X and Y are better than Lin but there will always be the RISK that the replacement cannot perform just as well as or even worse than Lin. Right now, there is chemistry with Lin, Parsons and Harden and they are likeable with their pre-game rituals. The maxim is that "If it works, don't fix it". We should see whether DH, JH, Parsons and Lin works before pre-maturing decide that the PG position need upgrading.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

R2K,
    you can easily spot the fake Rockets fans here.
    Complaining that people here admire Hakeem Olajuwon?

They didn't send Jeremy Lin to help convince Dwight to join the Rockets, they sent the GREATEST ROCKET OF THEM ALL .

6. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

Agree. Seems weird to me to give up on him again so early.

7. Razsan

Razsan Member

The "gives a crap" comes from the fact that what the Rockets did last year did not work. Harden controlling the ball was a recipe for disaster as is Carmelo Anthony controlling the ball. We got beat by am OKC team that lost their primary ball handler while ours (Harden) shot 39% for the series. I'm not interested in Harden getting his stats either since it didn't seem to help against an undermanned Thunder team.

8. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

I'm pretty sure Lin fans feel the same way. They just believe that Lin is the 3rd piece that will help Howard, Harden, and the Rockets.

I also strongly believe the more "over-zealous" fans are really just trolls pretending to be Lin fans. It's a little absurd what they write and it seems like they purposely try to stir things up.

9. larsv8

You must have missed the Lin fans complaining after wins last year.

10. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I eat my breakfast hours ago. I'm at work and glad I logged on to see dude get pimp slapped by a mod.

11. jason330i

jason330i Member

has he been traded yet?

12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

What many do not appear to understand is that Rockets fans don't hate Lin. Most of us consider him decent and more or less performed up to what was expected of a mediocre PG. What Rockets fans cannot tolerate are his dumbass friends which plague this site like flies. We are OK with Lin, just not LoF's.

Harden, with whatever flaws he has, is still are star. Even if Lin is a better passer, Harden is still our primary ball handler and playmaker when he steps on the court. This means he gets the ball, not Lin no matter what a traditional PG duties are. There is no if's, and's, or but's about that and LoF's are unable to understand/tolerate that. At the end of the day Harden means the world for the Rockets and Lin is just another PG in the merry-go-round of solid to good PG's that Morey seems to pull out of his hat on whim. Harden = Star and Lin = No one.

If Lin shows he can be very effective off the ball, then yes, keep him by all means. It would just means dealing with his loser fanbase for another season. If he does not show improvement there, then we need to trade him ASAP before his trade value completely tanks.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

You're a fake Rockets fan.

Do you realize this place is called Clutch fans?

Do you where the "Clutch" is derived from?

Let me give you a hint:

it's not derived from a regular season winning streak by the Knicks

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I would also like to point out that most smart Rockets fans did not expect Linsanity. We expected a smart PG that will be able to recklessly attack the basket when needed. With realistic expectations of a third year PG who was essentially still a sophomore in terms of experience, I would even argue that Lin did fairly well. Is he worth his $8.3 cap hit? Maybe. Could that money be well spent on someone else? Absolutely. I for one however am willing to see how he performs with Harden and Howard though until the trade deadline. If he has not shown he can coexist as an off the ball player though, he needs to go.

15. Karolik

Karolik Member

Aww, sorry to offend your hero. Funny how a delusional Lin fan is calling me a hypocrite. Maybe you should check the irony of YOUR post instead.

Yes it does, and you're part of the circle.

16. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

When morey first got the idea going after dwight, he said he was taking the team in a new direction, we were no longer going to be a building team waiting for our young stars to develop. He wanted us to be contenders now if that means adding veterans to the roster. We gave lin a season, a fully 82 games he started, he under performed and was inconsistent, yes he had a few good games, but its always a bigger RISK that lin doesn't do well next season also, if that does happen absolutely no one will even consider Lin for the amount of money he will be getting paid. So in essence we will be stuck with him. We have beverly who is arguably comparable to Lin. Our production would not dramatically increase, nor decrease if we had beverly starting.

As far as chemistry goes just because parsons and Lin have a good personal relationship, doesn't speak for the chemistry of the team. I don't see a lot of chemistry between Lin and the players on the court during the season. The rituals between parsons harden and lin i think is irrelevant, its clear by the way harden acts that him and jeremy arent BFFs.

My point is we gave him a full season, and we still don't know where he stands, he could do good next season and put up great numbers, but he could also digress and end up being an even worse fit than he is now. People say "oh he's working on his jumpshot so he'll shoot 40% from 3's next season no doubt!" Well don't you think Asik and howard work hard at shooting freethrows, you think shaq did? but they were always bad freethrow shooters, and probably always will be, just because you work on it and practice it doesn't always means you will improve. Basketball is more mental than it is physical.

So i'm not saying lin will do terrible or "hating" on him, its just our team is going int he right direction and we don't have years to sit here and wait to see if Lin is good enough or not. we're just not trying to get to the finals this year, we're trying to win a championship. and we need the best players we can possibly get, and all we have to base those best players is by their previous performances, not what we "think" they will do in the future, or what we think their "upsides" are.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

You don't have the insight of the gods, but you know when Noah built the Arc of Clutchfans so that he could gather the true fans away from the sea of non believers.

sure, some of the 99ers are nutty people, but they believe in what Rudy T told the media in 95.

18. albuster

albuster Member

Pretty sensible thread.

19. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

It's gone the way most of us expected it to go, it seems.

20. Zergling

Zergling Member

Jeremy Lin can be a Rocket for the rest of his career if he gets his 3pt shooting to 35%+ (with more attempts, indicating confidence in his shot) and free throw shooting to 80%+ (with more attempts, indicating aggressiveness). I like him as a person and hope he gets to those benchmarks. If not, then on to the next one...