1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you think about Larry Smith?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FlyingDragon, Mar 28, 2003.

1. FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon Member

Ever since Larry Smith took the coaching job, this team is doing poorly, they're 2-5 without Rudy, they don't play defense, but that's not the biggest problem, the biggest problem is on the offense, on last night's game, no ball movement, everyone play street ball, way tooo much one on one in the fourth quarter, and they don't fuvking double team Shaq, wow, and tonight's game, it's even worse. Larry Smith is biggest reason why they're playing like this! In fact, Yesterday's game is not the only bad game Yao has, he only has one decent game ever since Larry took over the team, no wonder the team and Yao did so bad on those games where they should won.
    What do you think? Rox fans, this obviously had a lot to do with him.
    Can't wait to see Rudy back.

2. Trickdaddy1319

wasn't he an ex-video coordinator?

3. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

I forgot who it was but someone wisely said on this board yesterday: "Be careful what you wish for, cause you just might get it" Alot of people wanted Rudy gone. Now he's gone, they still can't shut up. When Rudy gets back, those Rudy-haters better start kissing his feet and praise him because y'all miss him so much. If we dont make the playoffs, IT'S OK. This season has been a great season. Alot has came out of this season. Just so Rudy is ok is whats most important.

4. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

i think that i don't like his shaded glasses (they're not as bad as dawson's though....monstrocity!).

oh yeah... larry's coaching sucks too.

5. MoDunks

MoDunks Contributing Member

From the back to back games I have personal watch on TV .. RUDY WE LOVE YOU MAN!!!

Mr. Mean is along with the great offensive scheme is going to take this team to the bottom.

Mr. Mean's comments after the ass whooping from SA.
    "Playoffs!!! .. playoffs!!...."

6. Thurgood

Thurgood Member

man ****a buncha larry smith

7. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Trickdaddy you once again show you are not a Rockets Fan, Mr Larry Smith is an ex Rocket!

What I think of him is that with the rest of the Assistant Coaches they should be unemployed by 9am. Friday Morning IMHO

8. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

If I post what I think about Larry, I'd be banned from this forum for life. I had called Rudy clueless before. Well, I take all that back. Larry gives a new meaning to the word "inept". WTF.

Fire Larry....;)

9. Iceberger

Iceberger Member

I have a lot to say about him, on second thoughts, why bother? all i know is we might not make it because of his.........................:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

10. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

"Keep the BBS Clean and
    free from hatred ! "

Yetti: are you for this for against this? If you're for it, your recent comment doesn't support it. :confused:

11. supermagichero

He is a pure idot and SOB!!! :mad: He should go to hell directly or die in a car accident tomorrow.

12. mulletman

mulletman Member

theyve gone 2-5 since larry smith took over.

but look who they lost to:

sacramento
    san antonio
    lakers
    portland
    seattle

the only game they shouldnt have lost was against seattle.

they had a chance to beat sacramento, lakers, and seattle, but their execution down the stretch sucked. but thats been the case all season.

i dont think larry smith is as bad as some people here make him out to be. i dont think they would have done any better with Rudy at coach

13. TCDREAM

TCDREAM Member

If we would get a lottery pick this year I would love Larry Smith to coach the whole season!!!...........King James would be a Houston Rocket.

14. TCDREAM

TCDREAM Member

damn.

15. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

yeah, damn

16. Bay Rock

Bay Rock Member

While I agree with your observations regarding the team's poor play, I don't think it has anything to do with Larry Smith. This board has been complaining about our guards dribbling out the shot clock, lack of ball movement, no defense, Rucker Park style for quite a while. These are all legitimate complaints, but they existed before Smith took over.

I am somewhat encouraged with the reports that Smith will call his players out and not coddle them. The media has made a point of highlighting this difference between Smith and Rudy T.

17. idlel

idlel Member

Larry smith is horrible. This guy always looks clueless like a dumbass.

18. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Calm down my fren, it is not proper wishing death on anybody. I am pissed too but after all is said and done, basketball is STILL a sport. Get a grip of your emotions and channel towards a 2-game lossing streak for Phoenix and a 7 and 3 finish for the the Rox.

See you in the playoffs.

Cheers!

19. tsl99

tsl99 Member

I saw the game last night, it doesn't seem to be Larry's problem. Actually, it is Yao sucks

20. eugeneli

eugeneli Contributing Member

When only Yao sucks, it's Yao's problem.
    When the whole team sucks, it's the coach's problem!!!
    Larry sucks!!!:mad: