1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin a goner?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 5, 2013.

1. dexkk

dexkk Member

False

2. AVoiceInACrowd

Well, that was downright reasonable. I have to admit, I like a good , well thought out argument every once in awhile. :mad:. lol

3. AB423

AB423 Member

I wanna see if Lin can have the same pick and roll effect that he had in New York since he has a good screen setter now.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I really doubt Lin is traded. I don't see a fit out there. I can't think of a team that would meet the requirements to make a trade.

1) Has no starting PG
    OR
    2) Has a PG that Lin would be an upgrade over
    AND
    3) Has something we'd value in return
    AND
    4) Can absorb Lin without sending us back a bad contract

The Bobcats are the only team I could think of that would really value Lin over their current PG situation but they don't really have anything we'd want.

I think we just need to get over it and hope for consistency this year.

1 person likes this.
  5. red32

red32 Member

I guess there is nothing good on TV tonight.

6. wincan459

wincan459 Member

This is exaggerating. I am in China in the past year. In the regular season, there was little discussion of the NBA while Lin was playing. Deep into the playoffs after the Rockets got eliminated, the interests were way bigger, with Lebron Being the biggest star.

Lin, being an American, is not even close to Yao's statue among Chinese fans.

7. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

Not sure who sent me this comment on Lin:

"You need to start asking why he's not able to play with other superstars. Or doesn't perform well unless the crowd is chanting for him."

Since I can't respond directly, I'll respond here...WTF?!?!?! How did this past season in any way indicate that he cannot play with a superstar?!?! Does Lin need to average 25/8 like he did during linsanity to prove that he can "play"?

8. hltiki

hltiki Member

Though true, I thought Kobe was still the biggest star? At least that's what most of the college kids liked. But the younger students I taught no doubt hopped onto the LBJ wagon.

I've met some that liked more obscure names, like Steve Novak. Novak was the best 3 shooter 2 years ago... but really?

9. basketballholic

Charlotte is definitely a possibility.

Watch Milwaukee, Atlanta, Detroit, and Boston. Detroit is trying to get Rondo. If they don't succeed......

And if they do succeed...well Lin would fit Boston well.

Milwaukee and Atlanta are jacking around with Brandon Jennings and Jeff Teague. Milwaukee supposedly wants Teague. And Jennings wants mega money. Jennings ain't worth it. Teague is restricted. I have a feeling Atlanta is balking on taking Jennings in a sign and trade. And Lin on a shorter contract is probably a better fit for Milwaukee than Teague. BUT...sometimes these guys can't see the forest for the trees.

A dark horse candidate (dark horse means highly unlikely but bears watching) that may emerge....Lakers. They may decide they'd like to have some sort of asset for Dwight. We should know in next 48 hours if that is the case though.

10. recboil

recboil Member

have you been watching the past 2 summer league games? bev doesn't really run the offense. there would be a big diff if he started over lin...and not in a good way. Howard says he doesn't like to play PnR but he's the best at it and his low post arsenal is weak. he doesn't have go to power moves like shaq did. howard likes the idea of playing big like shaq but doesn't have that skillset....yet.

11. rocket tar

rocket tar Member

to orlando for something involving jameer nelson?

nelson would definitely be a better fit playing alongside harden/dwight while lin would be a better fit as the primary creator on the magic.

the rockets would be losing out on talent, age, and not gaining anything on defense but jameer's contract is only guaranteed for this year and he seems like a great fit so could potentially be worth it.

i don't think lin needs to be dealt though, the rockets just need to do a better job utilizing his strengths and stagger he and harden's minutes as much as possible since lin is so much better with the ball in his hands than without it.

12. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

lin is not a goner?

13. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Now that the Rockets have Dwight, Lin is more important than ever.

If they trade Lin, we will have a huge hole at the PG position.

If Morey had any basketball sense he would understand that Lin / Howard is a lethal combination. Rockets need Lin to take control of this team and be a true floor general like he was in NY.

I think Morey keeps Lin because he is vital for their championship run.

14. MONON

MONON Member

I agree 99%, unless a team makes Morey "a trade you can't refuse".

15. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Asik set great screens and finished pretty well, but no one finishes better than D12. We have the best PnR duo in the NBA. Lin improves on D and he's going too have big time trade value in his expiring year.

16. kumakun

kumakun Member

Lin is set here...close this thread he will be a Rocket this season! everyone rejoice thank God it is finally over

17. gefforycook

gefforycook Member

This is so true. Those who claim Lin's market value in China has no clue about Chinese NBA fan at all. Kobe has the largest following fan in China and hence commend the first on Jersey sales. Lebron is the second. Look at the way Kobe was treated by the fans in 2008 Olympics and people attend his show in his trip to China last year, you will see it is far exceed the fan base JLin has. On the other hand, even if Lin can sell some games broadcasting or jersey, all these proceeds are shared by 30 NBA teams, not just by Rocket. So why should rocket keep jlin for so called "market value" in China? Les is not that stupid. The only market value Jlin has is probably here in state, but Chinese is not even 1% of the total population, much less of these 1% watches NBA anyway. Jlin stays if he is capable to play and he goes if he does not make the expectation of owner and team, all related to his skill but nothing to do with him been Chinese or Taiwanese decedent. If someone from this forum ever bring to this "market value" bogus claim, I can't help of labeling you as idoit or ignorant the least.

18. gefforycook

gefforycook Member

Well. let's keep this thread here, at least we have an evidence on so called Rox fan who backstabbing "their team" player.
    When Yao first arrived in NBA, charles barkley claimed that Yao will not even able to score double in a game. He has to kiss a donkey's ass and take back his word. I wonder how many of those Lin haters will have the guts to put the money where their mouth is.
    Lin has proved again and again those who ignore his skills ended wrong, he will prove it again.