1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dear Yao Ming:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by axmpo, Mar 27, 2003.

1. axmpo

axmpo Member

Dear Yao Ming,

You must be feeling pretty low right now. That's quite understandable. Rest well, please. There's business to take care tonight, when the Rockets faces no less a "big mountain" in Duncan.

I must be honest with you. I was very, very disappointed with your performance last night. But you know what? I think I myself should also take some blame. I, like other fans of yours, have had unrealistic expectations about you. After all, you're just a rookie. After all, this is NBA where the best basketball players from all over the world play, and you're only one of them.

From what I've read about you, I know that you're not the kind of person who will back down from such a public humiliation. I know that there's a ferocious fire burning under your quiet expression. That's why I believe that last night's brutal lesson from the current MD will ultimately turn out to be a blessing. Last night may even become a turning point in your basketball career. Personally, I believe that no great one will be able to reach the zenith of success without taking such a huge lesson. "Defeat is the first step towards triumph"--our ancestors have already pointed out the road, now it's all up to your will power.

To be fair, I must admit that you did well in your first year against some of the established powers. But I must also remind you that performing well as a challenger is only a less formidable task. When you first entered the NBA, you were fearless and you wanted to prove yourself. You initiated. You challenged. Although people had high expectations on you, you really didn't have much to lose. But it is different now. You actually have something to lose--your golden boy image that you've fought hard to earn. You may not be aware of this, but you're no longer a pure challenger at his stage of your basketball life. A lot of people have a lot of things to prove AGAINST YOU now. On many occasions, you've become the person to be challenged. You will not be able to proudly claim that you've succeeded in the NBA unless you excel both as a challenger and as a challengee. The stern reality is, what you've tasted lately is only the beginning of upcoming battles you'll be facing, day in, day out. The question is, are you ready?

No reasonalbe fan will expect you to outduel Shaq the Reigning MD next time you two meet (not after last night's reality check). You can't build Rome in one day. But we do expect you to do much better than last night. You may never reach the same level of dominance as that achieved by Shaq; but as long as you show us your will power, hard work and reasonable progress, as long as you remain an unselfish player and help the Rockets grow, I will always remain a fan of yours.

I entend the same message to every other Rockets' player.

All fans of the Houston Rockets: there will be bumps, there will be frustration, and at times there will even be desperation. But in the end, we shall prevail.

Go, Rockets!

2. orien

orien Member

go yao!!!
    we love u.:D

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Good post...

I love Yao and as you know, he'll get better game by game...

I hope he has a monster game tonight..

Me thinks he will...;)

4. jaredb2

jaredb2 Member

Me worries weather or night he will have the strength after battling Shaq last night.....:(

5. jeffbaf

jeffbaf Member

What a post! Great writing!

6. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

I CONCUR.

:)

7. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I hope Yao Ming can read this thread.

8. FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon Member

COLOR=blue]This is the greatest post I've seen in this year, this is what's on my mind right now.[/COLOR]
    Every Legend go through suffer to reach the new level.

9. coonhunter

coonhunter Member

great post, he will be better than shaq though, just like hakeem was and always will be

10. Thurgood

Thurgood Member

what if he turns out to be a bust..what a low point in chinese culture that would be

i dont see how people can claim he gets tired and what not ive played b-ball damn near every day since i was 6..and im sure almost every nba player can say the same..the fact is hes gonna have to work ALOT on his game in the offseason if he wants to be a dominate center in this league and thats takes a committment not every player is ready to make...

11. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Go Yao, do good tonight so the Rox can win.

Thurgood, Yao's already proving he's not a bust, and even if he is, I don't think he'd be a low point in our thousad year culture. Being under the control under the European and the Japanese, the 2nd "great leap forward" and cultural revolution, getting invaded by the Mongolians, and must we not forget the humiliating, agitating, sad, pathetic performance at last years at world cup, now those are low points.

12. dj_willy

dj_willy Member

Yao ming has got to be traded while he is worth something. That was nearly the worst performance I've ever seen. He got dunked on at least 5 times. Yao is slow, lacks power, and agressiveness. He's skillful but that's not enough to be a dominant center.

Trade Yao now while he's hot.

13. KeepJuaquin

KeepJuaquin Member

DJ_Willy: Are you being sarcastic? Have you ever watched any other games without Yao Ming ever in your life?

14. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

which dominant certer do you want to trade Yao for? Shaq?:rolleyes:

15. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

How long do you expect him to remain an unselfish player on the most selfish team in the NBA, all his mates play selfish streetball? Just curious!

16. wildhorse

wildhorse Member

Long but silly post. A real man like Yao don't need comfort and encouragement. A man should adapt himself to success. Yao is a star? No, he just is a good player not a super star in the future. Considering his strength and inside play, I think defending yao is a easy mission. All of your disappointment are due to the unrealistic expectation on Yao. Shaquille and Tim lessoned yao in three days. It's the beginning.

17. dj_willy

dj_willy Member

Dear Yao Ming,

You need to go back to China and leave Houston. Your g/f is waiting for you. Cato will take your place.

Farewell.

18. maldini

maldini Member

This makes me really believe you are a Yao-hater.
    Even if Yao leaves, will the Rox play any better? Remember they finished lousy last year, that's why they got the first draft.
    With your favorite Cato, for sure the stinking Rox will not make the playoffs for years to come.

19. T-man

T-man Member

Maldini, We played lousy last year beacause we were depleted by injuries. Look at the record when Francis played last year and don't forget Taylor and Rice were out for the year. Look at our record from two years ago when everyone was healthy. It is better than our record this year with Yao. With those 45 wins from that year we would have been anywhere from 6-8 this year, but locked in, and Cato was the center on that team. We got the first draft pick because we won the lottery, not because we were the worst team.

20. Panda

Panda Member

If I can only get a nickel each time fans jump off ship in a slump...:rolleyes: