1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron James

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by the shark, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

ill kill myself if he's ever a rocket

2. Gil

Gil Member

Why's everyone adamant LeBron will leave Miami?

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think Lebron COULD leave Miami, but I doubt it. He worries about his legacy so I really can't see him going to another team to ring chase. If his legacy ended up being that he jumped from team to team to win a title with a new cast any chance he got people would hold that against him for sure.

That might be mitigated somewhat if he went back to Cleveland, but definitely not if he jumped to Houston where the national media already shows a lack of respect.

On top of that, the Rockets aren't going to have max cap room. Doesn't Harden get a raise or something?

4. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

ring chasing just like phil jackson who's known to be one of the best if not best coach? I don't think people will really remember him as that, especially he will be the best player on the team he joins for the next 8 years at least.

5. qwertzy

qwertzy Member

I wouldn't sign lbj for free.goat only in dreams

6. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

wow!

We would have Dwight and Lebron. talk about a stacked team

get er done Morey!

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Phil didn't quit jobs after 3 years to go join a new team to win. He coached two teams. He left the Bulls because of disputes with the ownership and management and he left the Lakers due to health and contract issues. That's not ring chasing.

Lebron would have left Cleveland to go do a super friends teamup and then when the guys he teamed up with got to where they held him back he'd leave to go another ready made title team?

That would be like Phil leaving the Lakers after the 3peat and signing on with the Pistons, then quitting after they got old to sign with the Heat.

8. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Jordan is regretting he didn't join Hakeem/Barkely/Malone/Shaq... to get 10+ rings.

9. basketballholic

if Rox could move Lin for an expiring salary now, they could possibly create around $20 million of cap room (depending on what the cap goes to) after next season. Asik would be relatively easy to unload. That would leave you with Dwight and Harden at the top plus a cap hold for Parsons of ~ $1.76 million, plus a cap hold for Garcia of ~ $1.645 million plus Canaan's minimum salary deal plus DMo/TJones if indeed both of those guys are still here (probably only one of them here and if both guys are here they can very likely be traded for future picks like Omer).

So, roughly around $44 million including cap holds for 7 empty spots...based on moving out Lin/Asik/DMo/Tjones. If the cap came in around $62 mil, you'd be getting pretty close.

This is why I am advocating trading Lin in combination with some of our non-guaranteeds (if we have any left after signing Dwight) or one of DMo/TJones for either Deng or Granger's expiring deals if we can get that done somehow. Because if Lebron or Melo or Bosh or one of these other big time players does want to leave and come to Houston....we can do it with a sign and trade or we can do it by taking away enough pieces from the roster to make the money work.

Do I think Lebron will come?? No, doubt it. I think he wants to beat everybody with his crew. I think he wants to beat Dwight, Kobe, CP3, Durant, DRose, DWill, etc. for his legacy. IF he jumps to Houston and all of a sudden he is basically replacing Wade and Bosh with Harden and Dwight then it makes it appear that he has to have the best teammates. So, realistically I don't think James walks away from those guys.

However............would Pat Riley trade Bosh if he felt he could upgrade his team and he felt he needed to upgrade his team to continue to slide past Chicago, Indy, Brooklyn, and whoever comes out of the West?? You bet your bottom dollar he would.

And........would Morey and Les like to have one more superstar to play alongside Dwight/James/Chandler???? You can bet your bottom dollar they would. So Morey is going to make moves that will possibly lead to that third piece. He won't just trade or sign any superstar now. But he will the right one.

Look for Morey to trade Lin for a large expiring contract of a player that has value even if it costs Morey other assets...because that is where the threat of cap space comes from along with the option to execute sign-and-trade deals.

10. langal

langal Contributing Member

11. bbc_nico5

bbc_nico5 Member

you're drunk.

12. youngduck

youngduck Member

lol he wont ever come to the houston rockets. earlier this year some crazy people said lebron to the lakers..LOL. aint happenin.

13. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I like how you are thinking. Even if we strike out on LeBron, there is still a shot at Melo (who might be a pretty good "stretch 4"). Or the nice things we can do with a trade when we can absorb a salary or salaries into cap space.

One potential trade could be Lin, Asik and TJones to Washington for Okafor and Ariza, plus Washington's first round pick. Okafor and Ariza are expiring contracts, and would be serviceable players off the bench. The pick could turn out to be even more valuable than the Toronto pick we got, and you saw what Morey did with that.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=8103307&postcount=348

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'm a bit wary on Melo. Guy is a black hole on offense.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yall think LerBon will go back to Cleveland after Dan Gilbert ripped him with that open letter? I wouldn't ever come back and just recruit Kyrie to join Miami.

16. bball_lifer

bball_lifer Member

He will never return to Cleveland. Ever.

17. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

LeBron, Harden and Howard. Move Parsons to PF and have him play like Horry there.

I don't know who could stop that team.

I don't think it will happen, and not sure we have the money to make it happen (or: I highly doubt we have the money to make that happen), but it would be scary for years to come.

And, honestly, it's possible that team might have the best shot to win rings of any other heading into 2014-15.

18. Sanity2disChaos

He should and needs to go back home to Cleveland. Kyrie is a star already and add LeBron and a third star, they have money to spend.

19. bball_lifer

bball_lifer Member

Cleveland had what? 6 years to put a decent team around LeBron and couldn't do it. I think Cavs saw their wins drop 40 after LeBron left, I don't know if that speaks to how good LeBron is or how ****ty Cleveland was.

20. dream2franchise

I don't see how him going to a team in position to win a ring once he's added to it being any different to what Dwight has just done this off-season. It's just good decision making.

James was criticised and his competitiveness questioned because he went to join 'Wade's team.' Since then he has taken the reigns and led Miami to two rings. If, after this season he can't see Miami being capable of making the moves to surround him with talent I would hope he weighs up his options and puts himself in position to win more rings, we all know he will still be the best player on the floor.

Like everyone, I think he'll give Miami the chance to lay out their vision for the immediate future. I have no idea what will be available in trades or free agency. I just hope he doesn't stick around hoping that the calvary will come again because it's why he left Cleveland to begin with.

How many GM's and owners would you trust with your prime years anyway?

If the NBA/Media wants to make the ring the thing, then he needs to go after it. I for one certainly won't think less of him if he decides to come to Houston and gets a few rings out of it :)