1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OFFICIAL: Rockets land Dwight Howard!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 5, 2013.

1. Homey the Clown

Laker fans are pathetic. Always have been and always will be.

2. Rocketfanatic2

Dwight is healthy and I think we're definitely getting the old Howard back. No more distractions. No more coach issues. No more Kobe. Nothing but basketball now. Fun basketball at that. The Lakers' locker room was similar to a business setting with the veterans on the team, as opposed to our youthful feel which has to be a funner setting to be in. You can tell our guys have fun doing what they do, while the Lakers didn't exactly give off that vibe. Dwight can have fun playing basketball again, something he couldn't do in LA. This could lead to him being a dominant force again. We are the perfect team for him.

1 person likes this.
  3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This.

D12 had his share of problems playing against a healthy Yao Ming, but against everyone else he was dominanting. I am still stoked to death that we got him.

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I like telling my friends this fact: until Dwight is in his mid-30's and over the hill, his value as an NBA player will never be as low as it was this offseason, ever again.

I think if you asked most unbiased analysts (and there aren't many of them out there) they would agree with this assessment. On top of the back injury which took almost the whole year to rehab from, there was this smear campaign which came from all sides against Dwight. I honestly don't know the point of it because he was going to be a max contract player regardless, but I'm sure the Lakers revelled in it because it allowed them to assume a position of superiority against him, saying "we've done it before, you're a pitiful case, let us show you the way." And as we all saw, that backfired.

It's time for the rest of the country to realize that his value has never been lower than it was this offseason, and that starting November 2013 they will rue the day they wrote him off.

1 person likes this.
  5. BornTexan

BornTexan Rookie

Harden has proved himself to be a choker.

Howard is never a clutch player.

Lin is clutch but he is never really trusted.

No hope for a championship.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I just think it's funny how criticized Howard has been over a season where he put up 17 points, 12 boards, and over 2 blocks a game. While those are a career low, those are still fantastic numbers.

7. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

did you just say harden is a choker and lin is clutch??? lmao

8. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

those aren't even career lows, lol

9. BornTexan

BornTexan Rookie

Howard doesn't have the heart of a champion.

harden is a bona fide SELFISH ball hogger who always folds at the most critical moment.

Sorry, no championship.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The butthurt is strong in BornTexan

11. BornTexan

BornTexan Rookie

You think Harden is not a choker and Lin is not clutch?

Did you ever look at yourself in the mirror?

12. BornTexan

BornTexan Rookie

I thought the buthurt is acute in J Sizzle.

13. BornTexan

BornTexan Rookie

The rockets lineup is indiana pacers at most.

14. errpac

errpac Member

I like the move

I like the move. I also the the negativity toward Howard from Laker and Magic fans. I hope it adds fuel to Howard's drive。Hopefully improving his work ethic to shut the doubters down. I have no doubt he can do it. I don't think Rockets win it all next season but if he gets rockets to western conference finals next year it will definitely be a good accomplishment and a championship chance for years to come. I'm also very excited to see rockets near future moves on tweaking they roster . Maybe free up cap space for FA next yr, try out the current squad this yr is fine by me. not sure about the Casspi pickup wish we could had Keats Garcia instead

15. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Kinda shut the f**k up and get the f**k out of here.

16. BornTexan

BornTexan Rookie

Now we're talking about butthurt and I love it.

17. BornTexan

BornTexan Rookie

Somebody forgotten to teach you manners in your house.

Bad education.

18. dandorotik

I don't need manners dealing with a**holes like you. What kind of reaction do you expect when you come on a Rockets board and trash our best players? No, you deserve worse than f**k you, I was being nice.

19. trowa2

trowa2 Member

which is not bad because indiana shouldve won the serie against the heat.

20. dandorotik

Oh, and you think it's polite to call someone a "malicious basturd" (BTW, it's b*stard, you illiterate tool)? What a f**king joke you are.