1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We do not need a PF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CARoxNut, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I saw Gortat play behind Howard for awhile, it's great to have but ultimately it's a misallocation of resources. Asik will need to be dealt before his contract expires. The good news is it looks like Morey isn't going to force it and wind up with a lesser player. Perhaps we wait until the deadline to make the move. Or next year's draft. Or hell, maybe next week. Either way I'm sure we'll be getting good value.

2. CARoxNut

CARoxNut Member

This.

3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Yes that's why I said we needed him. It didn't come to fruition but we still need someone of his caliber.

4. CARoxNut

CARoxNut Member

My point is there is no PF out there worth trading away Asik for. Why make a trade then.

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

yes, we will be better if we can get donuts or jones to become worthy of serious playing time. as of right now its unknown, so as of right now we do need a PF

6. chandlerbang21

dmo can pass and has good post moves. his outside shot falls in practice but during games he puts up bricks. He should be starting this season after playing with his national team. BET TIME , summer league game at 0800 in TX

7. Avako1989

Avako1989 New Member

D12 at the 4 and Asik at the 5?
    Are u sure?

8. Avako1989

Avako1989 New Member

We need a PF who can pick and roll

9. CARoxNut

CARoxNut Member

Parsons and Harden can handle shooting, and Lin can only improve. Shooter should not be a top priority at this point.

10. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Isn't it a beautiful thing? There is certainty that there will hardly be an idea worth considering that Morey and his crew hasn't considered.

I mean, he could trade TJones, DMo and Lin for some unknown player at this point and I wouldn't doubt that it was a good trade.

Actually, it almost got to that point after the Lowry for Alston trade. I knew all that I needed to know about Morey at that time. LOL

11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Because there are plenty of PFs out there worth trading for. Morey just has to find a deal. We managed to get Harden for goodness sakes when no one saw it coming and the timing is perfect now. Asik is coming off of a breakout year, plays a premium position and gives teams exactly what they need, defense and rebounding. Numerous teams have mentioned to be interested. Maybe a multi team trade is needed. Maybe Cousins, LMA, or Love will demand a trade.

I guess my point is a couple of second year guys who barely sniffed the floor after PPat was traded are not the answer when the Rockets window is RIGHT NOW. We are not the Miami Heat with a big 3 and could run with lesser guys. We have a big two and a GAPING hole at PF. That is not acceptable.

12. CertifiedTroll

Lin and Omer and picks for Anderson and Holiday

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Im pretty sure the Pelicans just traded for Holiday, and allowed their starting PG to walk in free agency for pretty good reasons.

Tyreke Evans is probably being brought it to eventually play the 2 guard position once they move Eric Gordon to a team that gets disappointed in free agency(something thats been rumored for awhile).

14. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

DH12 would be exhausted every game without a PF

15. CARoxNut

CARoxNut Member

I see your point. And I do wish Morey can work his magic one more time.

But we are not one year ago. We have a young nuclear now. Except for FA, any trade will demand a valuable piece from us. Are you willing to break up the chemistry? I am comfortable with our 1 to 5 except question mark at 4. With our 1, 2, 3 and 5, we do not absolutely need an elite 4, a serviceable 4 will be just fine. Especially if we have a deep bench, i.e. Asik and PB coming off the bench.

16. CARoxNut

CARoxNut Member

Last season, don't think Asik was that tired playing along with TJonse or DMo.

17. CARoxNut

CARoxNut Member

No. Too much for too little.

18. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

???

For which team?

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

[​IMG]

20. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Trade Asik in a sign and trade for monta Ellis. Being Ellis off the bench. Win.