1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Room and Vet Min Exceptions (Targets)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by larsv8, Jul 6, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Does Elton brand still play PF? I feel like he's been shifted to center recently. He played ok last year no?

2. Rocketfanatic2

Would love it if we could Brewer for a good price. Plays great defense, good in transition, hustles; he would fit in nicely on the team. Let's make it happen.

3. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I feel like James HArden will get MVP next year!!!!</p>&mdash; Metta World Peace (@MettaWorldPeace) <a href="https://twitter.com/MettaWorldPeace/statuses/350470961017004032">June 28, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Well, thats a different tone. Maybe he wants to be a Rocket again after all?

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Still can't believe he declined his option. He wanted a longer contract, but to pass on 10 mil for another year. He'd be lucky to get that for the next three years. Most teams have used up their space.

6. faraza84

faraza84 Member

This has been one if the weirdest off seasons I've seen. Some odd signings and teams that are going no where are just wasting cap. Thank God morey is a smart man. I almost feel bad for the other teams

7. mockster

mockster Member

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I wouldn't mind bringing him in for the minimum. He'll miss some games. Figured he might wind up with LAC but I suppose not all is forgiven.

9. bandwagon

bandwagon Member

Lakers had a Mid Level Exemption, but they weren't high on Ariza. So they let him go and signed Ron Artest instead. Ariza went to us in what was billed as a "swap". In reality, the Lakers got the pick of the litter and we got consolation prize.

We never offered Artest a contract because Artest had already made up his mind to go to L.A. We actually had Bird's Rights on him, and could've offered him more money. But Artest accepted an MLE to be a ring-chaser in L.A.

At age 28, Artest was definitely worth more than just an MLE.

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

byron mullins
    anthony morrow
    chauncey billups
    antawn jamison
    andrei kirilenko
    derek fisher
    nick young
    mo williams
    randy foye
    gary neal
    leandro barbosa

guards who can shoot are easy to come by. i'd be more interested in the stretch 4's, and championship experience guys (billups/fisher).

11. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

I want another experienced, veteran wing than can nail the three.

Delfino, Corey Brewer, and someone mentioned Rip Hamilton. All sound good. :p

12. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He was 29, but I think the crux of that deal was the length. 29 isn't ancient or anything, but Artest is pretty big for a wing, and had a pretty long history of missing games (mostly injury, some suspension). I don't think he really outplayed that contract by any means (and the Lakers are now likely to amnesty him).

The hope with Ariza is that he would play into his contract. He didn't, but at least he was movable.

13. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

Corey Brewer 6th Man :D

14. thajoker101

thajoker101 Member

I think the rockets should make a strong pitch for Corey brewer, he could be a great back up for harden and is a over the top scorer.

15. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Jesus he was skinny. Never made the weight room commitment.

16. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Surprised no one has mentioned Dejuan Blair.

17. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Just now realizing T-Mac had a problem putting in extra work?

18. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Why is everyone so high on Brewer? I thought he was one of those journeyman scrub that just so happened to go off on the Rockets.

19. nemac

nemac Member

Never. Ever. mention that name again.

20. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Known Rocket-killer and can provide nice perimeter D. Our roster badly needs someone who can play defense on the perimeter.

Anyway since Mandry is out of the market, I hope we get Brewer. Him or Oden.