1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omri Casspi has reached agreement on a two-year deal with the Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Andre0087, Jul 6, 2013.

?

Do you like the signing of Omri Casspi to a 2-year deal (2nd year not guaranteed)?

1. YES

291 vote(s)
    71.1%
  2. NO

118 vote(s)
    28.9%
  1. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

lol I love this signing. Cassipi will do a great job filling the adam morrison role.

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Are we going to have to deal with nazis and stuff like that?

1 person likes this.
  3. MazelTov

MazelTov Member

Casspi was actually very decent and effective in his rookie year in Sac-town,really played well and it was surprising since he was picked in the 23rd pick in the draft,unfortunately for him he had to face the rookie wall,and his averages dropped in his Sophomore year as well,matter of fact Casspi's career is in regression.
    Casspi proved that he can play ball for a coach who truly believes in him,he needs to gain confident,it's an important issue with him,the city he lives in also matters,I mean he really liked Sacramento in terms of climate,Cleveland was bad for him in terms of climate,so I believe Houston will be a good fit for this youngster.
    Casspi and cisco were great buddies back then in Sacramento,Cisco kinda took Casspi under his wings,so I believe it won't be a problem for Casspi to fit in because he is truly a hard worker.

4. Spooner

Spooner Member

Don't worry buddy, Adelman is in Minnesota now

1 person likes this.
  5. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

Well, this signing is pretty much 100% based on potential. Maybe if it doesn't pan out you can see about taking that GM job from that scrub who is doing things completely wrong.

6. Hilarious

Hilarious Member

Actually afaik Turkey is not in the same league like those other muslim countries having their neverending war against Israel. If im not wrong there is even a pretty large Israeli population in turkey's largest city Istanbul. (please correct me if im wrong you turkish Oof's :grin: )

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't want to D&D this...

But the following article is a couple of years old, and relations haven't gotten better:

http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/mesh/2009/03/in-the-name-of-islam-a-liberal-appeal/

Don't read if you don't want to read politics type stuff.

That said, I don't get the feeling that Asik is particluarly a fervent AKP member. Professional athletes, it seems, tend to not have time to get too into politics.

8. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

he plays like a nachbar.

9. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

Can't belive some of these scrub posters that never look at the other side (positive) of the spectrum and immediately post negative hate.

10. MazelTov

MazelTov Member

Hmmm well,actually Israelis used to visit Turkey a lot,it used to be a common place for Israelis for vacation,but over the years Israel and Turkey had and still having disagreements and controversies,Israel and Turkey severed ties after the Marmara flotilla when the Turks "peace activists" attacked Israeli soldiers therefore,for self-defending the soldiers had to shoot the few of the passangers who attacked them,that really created a crisis.
    Now Israelis prefer Greece and Cyprus.

11. rokit

rokit Member

His game reminds me of Peja Stojakovic, i think that's why Sacramento drafted him.

12. Roachiep

Roachiep Member

Ya, a 1st round pick 4 years ago that is still making millions and in the NBA. He must really suck...:rolleyes:

13. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Like: Every Rockets game will be on Israeli TV.
    Dislike: Israeli Caspi-only fans swarming the board.

14. ben_from_TLV

ben_from_TLV Member

Yes it is ture...i am the evidence for your dislike:grin:

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I agree. I remember all the people that were b****ing about the Delfino signing and it all worked out. The guy can shoot and loves to run the floor. Good person to come off the bench.

17. IronicMan

IronicMan Member

He's terrible... regular stats, advanced stats, whatever.

18. HtownSportsFan

actually, Sacramento drafted him with Rockets' 1st round pick in 2009 that was apart of the Ron Artest trade.

19. BarreKellyJr

BarreKellyJr Member

Rockets looking better and better by the hour

20. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

At the vet's minimum, this is a fantastic signing. Casspi will almost certainly be a 4 in our system, and he also brings the range shooting that we will need so badly around Dwight. I can't repeat enough times just how important shooting is to our current team, and look at these signings - Garcia, great 3 point shooter. Casspi, 3/4 that shoots the 3. See a pattern there? Rumors are we also have our eyes on Daniel Gibson. There's only one thing he can do. And that's shoot 3s.

Casspi gives D-Mo and T-Jones some more competition. Our depth is really building with these moves. Still need another good veteran wing though.

Fingers crossed for Delfino :)