1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With Dwight Howard in hand, now what? (Espn insider article)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Horry33, Jul 5, 2013.

1. tmac

tmac Contributing Member

Somehow, despite having a roster that at one point was 90% PFs, we still need a PF, haha.

1 person likes this.
  2. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

Is it possible to bring in Kevin Love?
    I realise we would have to give up Chandler along with one of our young 4's

3. Simone78

Simone78 Member

You LOHs are really ....

4. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

Francisco Garcia is nice. But I want another big move.

5. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Once again a single line about the "god", Lin, brings you guys out of the cave.

6. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

Both are gamblers and get lots of steals but sometimes pay for it. Beverly is a better on-ball defender and hustle shot blocker, yes. But he's also massively foul prone, and it's a major problem when the other team gets into the bonus with 8-10 minutes left in a quarter, which happened several times in the Thunder series.

Combine everything together an Beverly is a marginally better defender, but is much, much less valuable on offense. He's going to be at least a great 3 & D role player in the league for years to come, but he isn't starter yet.

7. Diablo

Diablo Member

Am I the only one that is perfectly fine with Terrence Jones starting at PF, and rotating with Parons (small-ball), Asik (big lineup), and the occasional D-Mo?

8. Bill Bradley

Bill Bradley Member

That sounds good to me too. Jones and DMo will have a year under their belt- it's not like it's unheard of to have second year guys an important part of a championship rotation. I think at least one of them steps it up this season and Rox will be glad they didn't give up Asik and/or Lin for Josh Smith or Ryan Anderson.

9. dantian

dantian Member

That's the demise and did the team in in POs. As shown by all 4 conference finals teams, you need team production to succeed. Not even LBJ was capable of winning it all by himself the iso-Harden way.

10. Razsan

Razsan Member

And this why LOF's actually have an argument against Lin haters. At least pose something resembling common sense...

11. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

This. People just can't see that. Most of us aren't saying Lin sucks, just that he doesn't fit next to Harden because he is not a shooter or a defensive player. When you have Harden, you don't need a point guard that is ball dominant.

I like Lin, but don't love him as many others do. But if he was to develop a consistent shot from 3 (which I think he can), then he can thrive next to Harden.

12. Razsan

Razsan Member

I'm okay with trading Lin but Beverly is nowhere the point guard that Lin is. He's a foul machine that will have his hyper-active style exposed with extended playing time.

13. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

can't believe they charge people to read this kinda garbage

14. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

I have never said he is, just for the money both of them are making, Bev is a way better value.

15. Razsan

Razsan Member

Not sure why that matters to us as fans??? If Lin is 25% better I'm not going to advocate keeping Beverly because he's cheaper. Is Howard 2 1/2 times better than Asik?

16. DH12HOUSTON

DH12HOUSTON Member

Anyone have an idea when D12's press conference will be? July 10 when he signs or couple days after?

17. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Isn't it just groundbreaking lol

18. TISNF

TISNF Member

Right?? That redundant line bothered me as well. Poorly written.

19. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Too old already. Not update.

20. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Harden # 13 + Howard # 12 = Parson # 25 ....... mindblown