1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OFFICIAL: Rockets land Dwight Howard!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 5, 2013.

1. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

It did on July 4 by 4%....Harden rose 5%....so my guess is another 3-4% it'll rise.

2. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

"for Harden's trade" didn't just mean to put Hareden there, but don't think they've gone up other than 24 hours before the announcement

3. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I've been switching between the Lakerground Forum and Clutch Fans. Its weird, the difference is like Heaven and Hell.

They are calling Dwight all kinds of names. Its almost as bad as when Lin left NY last year and Lin didn't even have a choice.

I wonder if the Howard haters gonna follow him to Clutch Fans?

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Wrong thread

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

6. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

trolol good work

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Nice,

Clutch on 790 is going with Anderson instead of Smith

Smith would be clogging up the lane

agree with all what he said during the interview

8. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Is there a link? Would love to listen to the interview!

9. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT! THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL! WAS WITH DALLAS FANS LAST NIGHT AND JUST KEPT LAUGHING!

10. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Makes sense from a team balance standpoint since Asik isn't going anywhere and backing up Howard so Smith would see limited minutes battling with the PFs.

But damn I like Smith's potential. Can we find trades for these guys we have to waive?

11. DH12HOUSTON

DH12HOUSTON Member

I hate Jodie Meeks right now. I hope DH12 does a Deandre on him.

12. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Woww! I don't even have an instagram. Whoever that is needs to stop it!! <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23peoplethesedays&amp;src=hash">#peoplethesedays</a></p>&mdash; Jodie Meeks (@Jmeeks20) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jmeeks20/statuses/353557824414040066">July 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

What happened

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sam Amick:

I feel bad for Dwight for the perception that is out there. His people botched the handling of the situation. Their people were not happy I had the story and they went out of their way to put some stuff out there to make him look awful. It fed into the waffling image that he had. He had his mind made up, he stepped on the plane, I had connected with his camp right before he got on the plane, he then got off the plane to inform the Lakers and that was it. The guy has waffled in the past, during the Orlando chapter but that was not the case yesterday.

I don't think his agent Dan Fegan has done him any favors in my opinion.

Josh Smith?

I have to check on that today. That was in the plans, something they were hoping to pull off. I know Josh's people spent a lot of time talking to the Rockets yesterday. I don't know where it's at. It seems it's going to be tough. We'll see if they can pull it off.

15. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Wait. Is he talking about josh smith? I though G.Smith.
    Hasn't anyone told him Morey said we're keeping Lin and Asik so it's impossible to do another major trade.

16. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

There was a fake jodie meeks account and whoever runs it posted the picture of dwight in pigtails in a WNBA jersey... saying that he was a girl.. fake account though

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Ryan Andersen is not half the player Smith is, but Smith isnt half the fit that Andersen is.

Make it happen Morey!

18. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mArHU1ewSog" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Ultimate6thMan

I'm not sure if that is correct or how it works, but since you sound very confident in it, I will take it that you should be right. If so, I would love for us to do this so that we can sign another couple of great bench players while keeping Asik and Lin. I wouldn't necessarily go with those that you have suggested though.

20. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

hey is Hakeem going to join the coaching team?!