1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OFFICIAL: Rockets land Dwight Howard!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 5, 2013.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Marcus Camby is trending on Yahoo but not Dwight Howard? Welcome to Houston.

2. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

i predict xmas day rockets at lakers

3. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Parsons was the glue guy from the very beginning. Ever since we got him, he immediately became good friends with everyone on the team including Kyle Lowry, Jeremey Lin, and now Dwight.

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

We don't have to dump Asik or Lin to get our MLE oand BAE back we simply have to dump Francisco. And we don't even have to dump him to LA. If someone is interested in signing Francisco and they are under the cap or have a trade exception we could tradehim to that eam and throw in a second round pick to sweeten the deal and then simultaneously send a 1st pick to LA for Howard and we keep all of our exceptions.

To me that is what Morey wants to do and if the Lakers or some other team wants howard that meets that criteria I think it will happen. The only problem we lose Garcia and I love Garcia but it opens up a whole lot of other options like locking Canaan and Kostas and maybe getting a player like Billups or Antawn Jamison. I am certain Morey is trying to amke that happen and if he does we jumpstart our championship run now.

5. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

One step at a time, man, one step at a time...

6. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Never gonna happen. He wants to play here but he ain't stupid.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I would certainly be fine with it. Like mikol said, we probably all own Chandler. Not to mention that his play on the court deserves such a salary.

We've witnessed a perfect confluence of moves by Morey, exactly the right players, with the right personalities, a coach I was against hiring, who was key to a wildly overachieving season, and apparently key to getting Dwight, and Dwight having just spent a thoroughly miserable season with LA, desperate to get the hell out and find a team he could anchor as they contended for what he hopes are multiple champonships, and just as important to Howard, in my opinion, and something I've said here several times, a team that allowed him to have fun playing basketball again.

A young team with the right complimentary pieces to fit around Howard, a team with the right coach, a team that could pay him the contract he had earned, and a team that would make basketball fun again for Dwight. That's what he wanted, it's what he was looking for, and it's what Morey created, in a brilliant chain of events orchestrated by the Maestro of NBA General Managers, over an amazingly short time, leading directly to this moment and what we all wanted. A contending team. I'm still a bit stunned that it played out like Morey clearly envisioned. Wow.

8. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

That's awesome. I guess we can say the relationship between Dan Fegan and Morey is much better. What other clients are under Dan Fegan, btw? Anyone?

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

You know what he wants in return...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

A bunch.

A few the Rockets wouldn't mind taking a look at acquiring-

-John Wall
    -Varejao
    -Cousins
    -Rubio

11. Mr. Space City

what strip clubs with harden, dwight, and slim thug be at?

12. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

Can someone with Insider please post this article please

What are Rockets' next moves?

Updated: July 5, 2013, 10:15 PM ET
    By Kevin Pelton | ESPN Insider

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Maybe the next music video Slim Tgug makes Harden and Dwight would be in it. Maybe part as a cameo

14. huynhct

huynhct Member

anyone else excited about free kolaches?

15. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Fixed

16. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

They have like a 50 foot poster of James harden at club Dreams

but the answer is ALL, they will be at all of them

Harden pays their rent and Dwight gets them pregnant.

17. JohnQ

JohnQ Member

Has the rocket's ticket prices gone up yet?

18. youngduck

youngduck Member

wow...the rockets would give miami trouble if they can keep omer asik as backup c. 2 good defensive centers, the key to defeating miami.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Is it better though? I think Fegan would have made much more money if Dwight signed with LA, lol.

20. JohnQ

JohnQ Member

First, we have to win the west