1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik for Ryan Anderson trade being discussed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fallenphoenix, Jul 5, 2013.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I'm down for this. One Turk for another. Maybe one of their other back up big men too to play off the bench.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Bucks probably value their Turk more than our Turk. They already have Larry Sanders.

3. megadon

megadon Member

I like Asik's grittiness and length. I don't see the point in getting anderson. It's a bad deal.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

First glance at his on/off looks terrible. He was highly unsuccessful with New Orleans, but paired with Dwight a few years ago, he was highly successful as far as on/off goes. Depending on how good the deal is, you do it.

However, I think Smith is the better option come playoff time. Anderson isn't some kind of playoff performing genius. Smith has raised his averages for the playoffs. Anderson disappears. I don't pull the trigger unless the pot is sweetened.

5. JBar

JBar Rookie

You're probably right that the Bucks wouldn't be interested, but utcarbs was also right that Ilyasova would be a good fit in Houston.

6. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

If Morey really wanted Ilyasova, I'm sure a 3 team trade could be worked out

7. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

They want more than Asik for fucking Ryan Anderson? Get the fuck outta here.:mad:

8. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

2pat probably is not a lot worse than ryan

9. SSP365

SSP365 Member

asik is worth more than ryan anderson.

in morey i trust.

10. OTMax

OTMax Member

Chronicle and Stein reporting there's little interest in Asik and or talk a deal for Asik for the Pelicans.

11. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

12. Muaz

Muaz Member

LOL are you serious unsuccessful season?he put up virtually identical stys on a way worse team in new Orleans. That's shows thathe's able to produce even without a star and now imagine with defenses on harden and Howard he would perform amazingly. He'll get so many open looks that he'll drain and plus when playoffs come and teams only give up the mid range jumper guess who can knock em down?

Id love Anderson but morey's sel high approach says other wise unless we get some sweetener.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/49142/courtvision-the-best-shooters-so-far

This is also interesting article and within it we see that Andre son shoots a league high 55% from mid range I'm pretty Morey and his goons are already aware of this though lol.

13. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I hope Austin rivers isn't included.

14. Swishh

Swishh Member

I don't want Anderson to be honest, he's more like a last option. I wonder who else we could realistically get who would be a good fit for this team.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Me too.

16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

There is so much wrong trading Asik for Anderson. Guys like Asik are rare. Otoh, Morey will find PFs that can shoot 3s at the local market.

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Lin for Nene and keep Asik.

Beverley / Cannan
    Harden / ???
    Parsons / ???
    NeNe / Jones
    Howard / Asik

18. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Its my contention that Asik/Anderson trade is just a smoke screen to get more value for smith. Ie throw in lin too.

19. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little worried about the PF spot if we don't get Smith..

Obviously I trust Morey, but if we can't get either Smith or Anderson... Who else is available??

20. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

LMA. Obviously would take Asik and a few young guys too make it happen. Josh Smith is the perfect fit on both sides of the floor.