1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith or Ryan Anderson?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 2016Champions, Jul 5, 2013.

?

Ryan Anderson or Josh Smith?

1. Ryan Anderson

200 vote(s)
    38.2%
  2. Josh Smith

323 vote(s)
    61.8%
  1. iamthejustness

Josh Smith because I believe we have enough offense, not enough defense.

With the right system in place, he'll know which shots to work on and where and when to shoot them. You can teach shooting. Ask Parsons, Hayes, PatPat, Lin...

You can't teach lateral agility.

2. Outlier

Outlier Member

Ryan Anderson = Matt Bonner

3. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Agreed.

4. khanartist07

khanartist07 New Member

Josh Smith over Ryan Anderson all day everyday. The only upside anderson gives us is the ability to go out and add depth (which is very important) but player to player, the ability to board and prevent offenses from scoring in the paint is WAYYY more important than a couple of 3s Anderson puts in per game.

5. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Wonder if we could do a Asik for Anderson+picks deal. Then turn around and maybe swing Lin and those picks for a better pg and some wing depth? Haven't looked at salaries so I don't know who I'd have in mind, but that could work out for us perfectly.

Would still have Smith over Anderson though. Need frontcourt defense to counter the Pacers and Grizzlies of the world. Plus Asik is way too valuable for Anderson alone.

6. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I like either, it depends on what else is coming and going in each trade.

7. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

I will prefer ryan anderson. ryan anderson is very talented, and he is younger as well. we already have JH, dh and lin. it is already packed inside the paint, so i will say he is the better fit. however, he was a magic when dh saga happened there. i think dh opinion is needed b4 making any progress.

8. Zergling

Zergling Member

Morey can find a PF that can defend/rebound off the scrapheap (see: Heat getting Birdman). An deadly shooter that already has chemistry and experienced significant success with Dwight? That's a player worth trading for.

9. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Depends on who Pelicans is offering besides Anderson. If its Vasquez or a 1st round pick than I would take that.

Straight up? I take Smith.

10. Zergling

Zergling Member

If we want a PF that can defend and rebound... why wouldn't we just keep Asik?

If that front court duo doesn't work out, you can always flip him for Anderson before the deadline.

11. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

I chose Ryan Anderson because this

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Memo to players who can't shoot 3s: the Spurs just wrote the book on making you almost obsolete. <a href="http://t.co/M08mYVmWTd">http://t.co/M08mYVmWTd</a></p>&mdash; Henry Abbott (@TrueHoop) <a href="https://twitter.com/TrueHoop/statuses/352159544668979205">July 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Vazquez is already going to Sacremento.

13. perfectweapons

Howard did not come here to play with Harden and Anderson? He came here to play with his best friend Josh Smith and James Harden. I suspect this postering by the rockets to get a better deal with the hawks since they have leverage.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If Ryan Anderson is a starter on your team, they aren't very good. No-brainer Smith over Anderson.

15. Goat Herders

Goat Herders Member

Are you out of your mind? First off, Vasquez isn't on the pelicans. Secondly, Anderson for Asik is about as even as it gets from a talent and usefulness perspective. Both are players with specific, useful skill sets and are paid reasonably for those skills. The pelicans aren't giving us anything extra of value just because you like Asik.

1 person likes this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Problem with the Heat is they had no big center like Dwight...and they had no reliable guy who could just drain shots like Harden can. Lebron is better than Harden...but they were daring him to shoot, that was the main issue for the Heat. When Lebron started to hit those shots the Heat would get rolling again.

17. Raven

Raven Member

I can tell you how Morey sees this by asking a question, which of the two players will be easier to trade in two years?

:)

18. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Where's the keep Asik choice?

Twin Towers baby!

19. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Yup. Say no to Josh Smith. :)

20. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I'd rather have Smith. Better defense and an all-star caliber player.

Also, the Pelicans are in our division, and I do not want Asik to pair up with Davis. I'd rather Houston send Asik to an Eastern Conference team.