1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets vs. Warriors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by awc713, Jul 5, 2013.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah and we really need to watch out for Miami, if they can find a way to sign him outright, they already have th starting unit and the bench in place.

2. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Ill be interested once they move three contracts for overpaid players with out taking back salary. lol. If they could actually do that why would't they have already done it.

3. moose

moose Member

Why would Dwight make thw decision to go to GSW if they can't sign him outright, and Lakers won't s&t. GSW makes no sense to me.

I also think GSW is dumb to think they can just land dwight without any preparation. An dump three huge salaries like nothing.

4. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

They lost jack and Landry and still need to get rid of those 3 big contracts to sign him?

Curry(Injury Prone)/rush
    Thompson/???
    Barnes/green
    Lee(coming off injury)/???
    Dwight/ezeli

Not to mention they might need to throw in picks or thompson/Barnes to get rid of the contracts would really deplete them. Mark Jackson must be one persuasive dude.

5. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

orly? Who's really interested in taking back Bogut who's shown to have a long list of injuries, Jefferson (on the very last legs of his career), Biedrens (can't play very far from the basket) and David Lee (who although a good player, is coming off of a hip flexor?). I'd be very surprised if GS is able to get enough cap room to sign Dwight outright without giving up too much.

Curry would be a great compliment for a 1-2 combo with Howard but he's an ankle sprain away from missing any number of games. He can put up great numbers but dang it's almost assured he'll get at least one or two ankle sprains a month ( I had him on my fantasy team) .

6. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

If Dwight goes to GSW, he loses one year and still has to pay Cali taxes. Not likely he will give up close to $30m. It's either Houston or he stays put.

7. abcd1234

abcd1234 Contributing Member

No. He doesn't lose one year. They do a sign and trade, which would be 5 years.

8. maw7079

maw7079 Member

Good grief!!!! What is the deal with these damn "thread police" always wanting. To keep things isolated to a single (1,000 page) thread??? If you dont want yo read it just don't open it. Id prefer not to have to thumb through a gazillion threads myself. IJS.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm really not seeing the appeal of GSW. Maybe Mark Jackson's preacher voice appealed to him.

10. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Until you can unload 3 toxic contracts in the new CBA and talk the lakers into a S&T, then it's all just a dream. Rockets still have the big lead.

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Nope , he would only get 4 years in a S&T .... new CBA limits the contract to 4 years accept if he's staying with the original team.

GS is the worst "financial option"

But I have to consider them as good a "basketball situation" as the Rockets if they can clear the cap space without gutting the team.

12. HTM

HTM Member

Yeah im not seeing the appeal of taking on these garbage contracts without getting picks/ decent players to ago along with them... again, real money that owners don't want to waste.

13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Thank you
    And People on this forum get so butthurt when the topic is something they don't wanna hear
    Recently it's just lets rip any source that says this isn't Howard's best option or if he's leaning towards any place but houston its bogus
    Grow up

14. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Howard's best shot for getting on the warriors is to sign MLE. ie not happening.

15. kumakun

kumakun Member

agreed, this is a new relevant thread since Howard could be going to GSW or anyteam. i think GSW would be a good fit because of their pace and reliance on the post with a combination of a strong PF and the best backcourt shooters. i guess the problem is losing key pieces in the SabdT but i prefer Mark Jackson as a coach over DAntoni anyday

16. LiveEatSleepRox

Even if Howard DOESN'T come to Houston, I highly doubt he'll be going to GSW. He's got more chance of staying with the Fakers and that's saying something!

17. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

If Howard chooses GSW how annoyed will the fakers be they didnt try and deal with the clips. Food for thought

18. chandlerbang21

Almost every time Houston is in excellent financial/roster position to reel in a big free agent another team comes in to **** block and steal the player away. Houston is set up perfectly to take him in but I can see the appeal of GSW with all their shooters and good bench players. IT will be impossible to doubleteam Dwight with barnes, curry, and Thompson on the perimeter.

19. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

Because no one likes to be treated as an asset :rolleyes:

20. Manos

Manos Member

GSW lost their 'good' bench (Jack, Landry) to free agency and haven't resigned them. They would lose pieces in a sign and trade for DH as well, depleting the team further. I can't imagine them finding homes for 3 bad contracts to create the cap space to sign him outright, without including sweeteners like draft picks and other players, which would deplete the team even more.

I think it boils down to the Rockets or Lakers.