1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brennan713

brennan713 Member

Moved to San Diego from Houston last year and the obnoxious Laker fans are everywhere. It's pretty funny hearing them say "next year" etc...

Sometimes I think the posters on here are such homers, but then I look at LG and think otherwise. Cheers CF.

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

I thought about this too, but ultimately found it impossible since both teams will be asking for Asik. If we had the Asik of PGs instead of Lin, then this would be very feasible. Perhaps, if we also dump White's contract one someone, fitting Iggy into the equation.

But I can definitely see both Atlanta and LA feeling having $8.3mil in capspace is better than paying Lin. Especially LA since they'd have to pay luxury tax on that figure.

3. Ultimateian

Ultimateian Member

Yup. Better trade in my opinion. And we would still have cap room. Morey got our back.

4. treeman

treeman Member

My point is we still have options afterwards. Takes 12 to fill a roster.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Hmm, Millsap money?

6. rockets018

rockets018 Member

Most of my friends that live out here in LA, are self labled "diehard" Lakers fans. Yet I live with one of these so called die hard fans and he watched the Lakers first few weeks, they fell off and he didn't watch them for a month. Then all of a sudden would watch a game or two after a couple wins. Then another month off. They have the most fickle fans. If they win a couple of games the Lakers all of a sudden are the best team in the league. Lose a couple are the worst... I apologize for the format of my text. Am using my phone.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Dwight will probably continue to enjoy his vacation through the weekend while keeping a casual eye on each team's activity. Their is not much reason for him to reveal tomorrow.

8. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm not a fan of any homers lol even if it's my own team.

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Canaan, Beverly, Jones, Dmo, Coventry?, (White), Smith are all contracted or will be, add the room exception for Garcia and the 5 starters and how many do you count?

10. rockets018

rockets018 Member

Lol funny to hear other fellow houstonians experience the same thing. I guess most laker fans are alike. Although most do respect harden. My good friend went as far to say harden is a top 10 player. Although sports center could lead one to think this

11. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

He should want to get it out of the way so the team of his choosing can start building around him ASAP.

12. Stack24

Sadly I don't watch SportCenter as much anymore because they have become so biased in my opinion.

I am all for talking to all fans if they have substance to back it up. I feel that most Laker's fans are delusional. I feel like they don't understand anything about basketball and only regurgitate anything the media says at the end of the day.

13. Ultimateian

Ultimateian Member

I just don't understand how you grow up in this city and don't even support your own team.

14. treeman

treeman Member

I'd expect a couple of those to go in any S&T we do for Smith or maybe Calderon.

15. Stack24

In all fairness it could be someone who's parents have moved from another city and raised them as a fan of their home.

For instance, I moved out here from Houston, but lived my whole life there and am a die hard Houston fan. You think I am goign to let my kid grow up a Lakers or Clippers fan? Hell NO.

So one day someone could say to him or her, "you have lived here all your life and your not a fan of "x"

16. Ultimateian

Ultimateian Member

I'm mainly referring to the fans who still reside in this town but solely root for another team.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The first trade could be a three way. Lin to x team, draft picks to Lakers, Howard to Houston. Then sign Millsap for the $8.4 million (noticed I haven't heard a word about anyone having interest in him), then trade Asik to Atlanta for Josh Smith. Git'er done Muray.

18. thegreekdbag

thegreekdbag Member

19. CALI_MOST_WANTD

I won't let my kids be a Faker fan either and they probably going be born here in faker land like I was. They will be a Rockets fan and if they must choose and LA team its clippers or nothing! I will not let my kid root for such an horrible organization ever! Lol! If they ask why illshow them and explain it and than they will see why and aagree lol

1 person likes this.
  20. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Heard earlier that the Jazz are the only team Milsap has met with so far. Also heard they're interested in keeping him now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.