1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

The anticipation is killing me

2. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Sure, that is viable too. I'm not saying my hypo was THE OBVIOUSLY BEST route LAL could go. I think you're sorta overvaluing draft picks in actually utility, even in a deep draft. Very few players in a draft end up being franchise players, and you're really arguing that LAL is hoping for a SHOT at a person who MAY become a franchise player. Barnes is a very good young prospect to have. The repeater status thing doesn't really seem like a big deal because again, how will LAL get deep into luxury tax territory (or into the luxury tax at all) next yr? They have no assets and will be almost entirely fixated on signings alone.

And hoping Kobe comes back the same, and wondering WHEN he'll come back, plus hoping Nash will somehow not have another bad season (if not a worse one...he is almost 40...) to avoid being a worse team ehhh. That still strikes me as a pretty bad team. Bogut will prob end up injured again sometime during the season, w/ Nash lol.

I also don't think they'll amnesty Pau if they let Dwight walk for free. They'd rather amnesty Nash or Metta. That actually leaves their team possibly better than w/ no Pau and instead Barnes + Bogut.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

This is spot on IMO.

4. anchel

anchel Member

I think if Dwight doesn't come to Houston Morey will suicide.
    Looks too sure.

5. cheaterwon

cheaterwon Member

I guess everyone that is in the media is past out drunk twitter is silent.

6. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

I disagree. In fact, I think the Rockets could see him as a great alternative at a very cheap price. You give up a future 1st or Terrance Jones and take a year of Pau to see how it works. If it doesn't you have all the room still and try with next years class. If it does, you can resign him.

I think several teams would be interested in that. Hell, we are talking about GSW. If Houston gets Dwight, they might be interested in Bogut and a pick for Pau. Lakers cut completely under the luxury tax, get an asset, and have no future contracts constraining them

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's an issue of timing. I think Dwight can make a decision based on a team having its moves lined up but not yet announced or executed-- like HOU having a potential Josh Smith trade lined up to be done, but only in the event that Dwight chooses Houston (if DH doesn't choose Houston, then they may not have interest in Josh Smith at the same dollar amount and would have no need to do a S&T). The same with GS's salary dumps-- can discuss with teams and execute only if Dwight agrees.

I think Howard may be giving the teams a little time to explore and line up potential moves.

8. megadon

megadon Member

he was pretty spot on. But we all knew that to begin with. it's a fluid situation right now.

9. thegreekdbag

thegreekdbag Member

[​IMG]

10. erapmicks

erapmicks Member

Bima, docrocket, Tad brown, and Morey all on Twitter tonight. something must go down tonight

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Pause. LOL.

12. sage281

sage281 Member

We are going after Dwight not Kobe right?:p

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yeah and they'll get murdered all year long in the press. It'll be a disaster. BTW, who is going to sign with LA ext year? Lebron? Please, nobody wants to play with Kobe's crazy ass.

14. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

BRB, going to get something to celebrate with.

15. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

they're the ones filming the bootleg. probably mutha f***a jones's kid.

16. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Ha! Banned from Lakers Ground! Deservedly so. After I had to read the umpteenth post about how bad our lineup was, about how he'd never win a championship with us, I had it. The Lakers delusionaries seem to think that somehow we're back in 2010. And 3 years is an ETERNITY in the NBA. They have no chance for the next several years and they're just obviously jealous that other teams like ours are on the way up.

17. Nook

Nook Member

The funny thing is that I think some of the fans in this thread are thinking about it more than Howard. Seems like after Tuesday Howard just blew off steam and is still out having fun.

18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Golden State isn't getting a SnT with LA done, come on now. It's about to be the H squared era in Houston(harden and howard). We should thank the man that made this possible, Sam Presti! Thanks for the Beard, Sam!

19. megadon

megadon Member

It's LA dude. The Lakers. FA will certainly will be attracted to Hollywood.

20. Cygnus33

Cygnus33 Rookie

What did you do? Lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.