1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

following somebody is legal

GZ has a CCL

NEXT

2. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

He started a fight got his nose broke which only takes one punch and he panicked like a punk

3. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

I don't know why we are arguing when he is already caught assholes getting away. I mean if that doesn't say to you he had the incorrect mindset i don't know what would.

4. bigtexxx

there had been a string of robberies in the area

nothing wrong with trying to stop crime

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He smashed his head into the concrete, broke his nose, blood everywhere, and beat this man for fear of his life and didn't get even a trace of blood on his hands? Explain it. The whole "not enough blood" genius is heavily contradicted by the photo evidence. I detect willful bias. Telling.

6. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Something's wrong in starting and concluding a crime.

7. CometsWin

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3038019/posts

Jurors heard again and again, from Zimmerman himself, how Martin first verbally confronted him, then violently smashed Zimmerman’s nose with a sucker-punch and pounced on top of him as he was laid-out on his back. Jurors listened to him again and again describe the process of Martin bashing Zimmerman’s head into the pavement, then smothering his mouth and nose while he writhed and squirmed desperately.

Jurors heard Zimmerman repeatedly describe Martin finally grabbing for Zimmerman’s previously concealed gun when it became exposed by his outer garments riding up his torso, telling Zimmerman.

---------------------------------------------------

So he punches him, smashes his head in repeatedly, smothers his mouth and broken bloody nose, grabs the gun, but no blood on his hands. FISHY

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Why don't you post facts instead of making things up.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/...atch-Materials-DO-NOT-GET-PHYSICALLY-INVOLVED

This is from the sanford NWP:

Conveniently the Sanford PD has taken this document down.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

There would be a conflict of interest there. I think GZ will get off because the prosecution probably should not have made this murder 2 trail.

10. bigtexxx

witnesses saw parts of the fight

not sure what else you need to know. Your blood conspiracy is a reach

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

None of that answers the questions I asked. Why won't you answer the questions?

12. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

It is legal to drive a car. It is legal to drink alcohol. Try doing them at the same time and see what happens.

I am all for having a neighborhood watch program. When I lived in Bellaire, I attended the informational meeting for ours. The FIRST thing the police officers instructed us was to not get involved in investigating suspicious activity. We were told to call the police, report the activity and go home. Zimmerman chose to get involved because "these assholes always get away." Zimmerman had already decided that Martin was "an *******." Would Zimmerman have done this had he not been armed? Doubtful.

The fact that you apparently believe that neighborhood watch programs are supposed to go tailing suspects and investigating suspected crimes is laughable. If you don't know anything more about such programs, you should probably do your best to conceal your ignorance rather than flaunt it.

13. CometsWin

No question Zimmerman was emboldened to follow and perhaps confront Martin because he was armed. No question. He knew if anything happened he could always pull that gun out.

14. Refman

Had he actually seen a crime, that could be a valid point. By all accounts, Martin was not actively engaged in criminal activity when Zimmerman followed Martin.

15. bigtexxx

So now you're trying to position yourself as an expert on neighborhood watch programs. You go, boy.

You're simply frustrated because GZ had a legal right to approach TM, even with his concealed handgun.

16. Refman

I never said that I am an expert. I said I attended a meeting and relayed what we were told by the police. If you have to resort to such quantum leaps in logic to make your point, you might want to stop. You are embarrassing yourself.

What Zimmerman did was against his neighborhood watch training and most CCL training. If Zimmerman's pursuit of Martin caused reasonable apprehension by Martin, he also has a right to stand his ground. Maybe you don't see it that way, but it is true.

The fact remains that it was Zimmerman who had the best opportunity to avoid the confrontation. He chose not to do so. I believe he made that choice because he was armed. He knew that if things went bad, he had a gun and could get out of the situation. That is not what stand your ground was intended for nor is it what CCLs are intended for.

It will be interesting to see if Zimmerman takes the stand. The forensic evidence is inconsistent with his story on a number of details. If I were his attorney, I would be concerned that Zmmerman would perjure himself on the stand.

17. blink

blink Contributing Member

you have trained professionals to do this kind of stuff, why should zimmerman get off for doing something he doesnt have the right to do? aka law enforcement.

it's an insult to police officers and law enforcement that zimmerman thinks he can do their job.

18. bigtexxx

I'm sorry, did you say it was against the law? Nope. Stand down, son, you're dancing around on tangets that aren't legally sound. If GZ was being tried by the Supreme Court of the Neighborhood Watch, then you might have a point.

You don't know who started the altercation. You are jumping to the conclusion that it was GZ, but you don't know that. All you think you know is that GZ approached TM, which he had a right to do. Then you get into psychological analysis quackery and explain to us that the only reason GZ approached TM was because he was armed.

A lot of logic errors and leaps in your post. Aren't you a lawyer? *snort*

19. putyouonthegame

so you're saying if you had a gun on you you wouldn't feel any superior while walking around the street?

And how do you Martin felt being followed by stranger with an Ice T and skittles in his pockets? What if it was a gang banger? What if it was a child molester? He was only 17, what do you think was going around his head knowing some freak is following him on every corner of the street?

And no Zimmerman had no right to confront Martin. The police dispatcher clearly tells him not to pursue. The sanford police quote from above also trains vigilantes like Zimmerman not to pursue.

Now while saying this, i do believe that Martin started the fight. But he had every right to. What do you think he should have done? Let some stranger follow him to his house? Martin had no idea who Zimmerman was, what he could do to him. It's sad that we can't hear it from his perspective. All we have is testimony from Zimmerman and his neighborhood friends.

20. bigtexxx

You're misinformed and are throwing out hypotheticals such as your own personal belief as to what went through GZ's mind.

YES GZ DID have a right to approach TM. There is no law that says he cannot do that. The non-emergency dispatcher does not negate that.

by the way -- it's irrelevant, but since you used Skittles to try to paint TM as some kind of innocent youth....what do you think he was going to do with those Skittles? Add them to his lean?