1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

No indication whatsoever that the Lakers are even remotely open to a trade.

If it's Golden State or Dallas, we're going to hear leaks beforehand. If it's GS, someone on the Lakers will spill that they're getting leveraged and may/may not be open to doing a trade. Either way, we'll hear it, because Dwight can't just sign there. If it's Dallas, same thing. We'll hear rival GMs talking about how Dallas is desperately trying to unload Carter or Marion (the same way we heard Lin's availability from us last weekend).

The more there's dead silence, the more it looks like LA or Houston. I generally agree with the sentiment that if it's the Rockets, we'll hear by midday tomorrow at the latest (perhaps he wants to wait until after July 4, as some speculated). If it drags on much beyond that, it's clear there's a lot more than basketball going on in his head, and we know how that will likely end.

2. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

A pass first PG will do wonders for them, especially with Evans gone.

3. chandlerbang21

none of these people quoting "sources " are in colorado. Everythings a lie until dwight says it himself. The media puts out BS speculation and everyone believes it

4. bandwagon

bandwagon Member

What can I say. You must really think that the Mavericks and Hawks are run by morons. When Dwight comes down from the mountains and demands a trade to the Warriors, the Mavs will just pretend like they didn't hear him. Because they are morons, amirite?

Oh, and the Mavs are desperate for a center. What the heck are you talking about? Do you even know what position Dwight Howard plays?

5. SevenMinuteAbs

Oh and did a LEGITIMATE source ever say anything about an Asik s&t for josh smith or was that fake twitter account the only source for that?

6. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Only a fake twitter I believe.

7. Nook

Nook Member

Yes they do.

8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Sam Amick (2nd in line of credibility) reported that the Rockets talked to him about playing for Houston WITH Dwight. The rest is inferred.

9. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

That doesn't mean the Mavericks would help them. Because that's essentially what they would be doing.

They might as well sign Nikola Pekovic for 5 mil cheaper.

10. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Maybe Dwight is in Colorado hanging out with Katelyn Faber?

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

That's the writer's opinion.

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

At least Dwight knows one thing that he wants: attention. And he's getting it.

Regardless of where he goes, he needs to man up and elevate his game.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Nope, they are over the penalty, they have to get under first. Tom Penn was talking about it yesterday. They have to get under first and then can absorb Howard's deal, which will be about $20,500,000 to start off.

14. vsHouston

vsHouston Member

The matter of the fact is no one knows where Dwight is going.

Signing Dwight would make us am instant contender for the western conference.
    But I also believe that it's not as important as most people on this forum tend to believe...

There are still multiple free agents out there that can help our team, and no matter what happens you have to remember we are one of the youngest franchises in the NBA, this year isn't win or rebuild for us, our future with James Harden and Parsons is very bright.

I'm not saying we don't want Dwight, but we certainly don't need him.

15. kissOFdeath95

kissOFdeath95 Member

A buddy of mine from High School just posted pics of him and his GF in Aspen. I was like holy ****!

I told him where dwight is staying (little neil) and said to be on the lookout.

He said im right out front of that hotel now! Ill look for him.

I am in no way making this up. Dont know if he will see him, but ill let yall know if he runs into him.

16. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Yes, it's just his opinion which you were in such a hurry to tell everyone that he agreed with you that you didn't even read it.

17. kissOFdeath95

kissOFdeath95 Member

Update:

"They must be renting out the top of the mountain for a private party bc we were just up there and everyone had to come down so they could get ready for it haha"

Thats what he just messaged me. I guess they were at the top of the moutain and everyone had to come down. Dont know if it was dwight or not.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Don't waste your time.... You are correct, they have to jettison $23,000,000 to get Howard at $20,500,000 to start.... Bogut is at $14,000,000 and after his comments this off season has virtually zero value as a player, therefore would require assets to have a team take him on and that is still well short of the salary they need to clear.

1 person likes this.
  19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Moves continue to go on, as usual, while we wait.:rolleyes:

20. DH12HOUSTON

DH12HOUSTON Member

I heard it was called the Little Nell I believe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.