1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Forum "Insider": Houston is on Aldridge's list...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Chamillionaire

LMA is 6'11 240. He averaged 21 and 9. He shot 48% from the field and 81% from the line. He's 27 years old. Same age is Dwight. The only guy I can think that's more perfect for our team is Kevin Love.

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Agreed with this. I just don't see the sense of urgency on Portland's end to move him.

If you're Neil Olshey, are you really going to watch a conference rival acquire D12 and then accept some sort of Asik/picks/filler deal for Aldridge right now? I just don't see this happening.

3. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

LMA should be the number 1 priority period...

4. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Chi out: Noah, Butler
    Chi in: Asik, DMo

PDX out: Aldridge
    PDX in: Noah, TJones and future 1st from Hou

Hou out: TJones, DMo, Asik and 1st round pick
    Hou in: Aldridge (must agree to extension)

Lin
    HArden
    Parsons
    Aldridge
    Howard (if signed)

5. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

LMA would be number one choice if it wre at all possible.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Chicago laughs.

7. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

Obtaining LMA makes us a championship contender even if we don't get Dwight. Asik sucks up all the rebounds and clogs the paint on defense and LMA gives us post scoring.

8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Asik and Parsons wouldn't even get it done. The only shot we have is if Morey can can keep finding the Carl Landrys, Chandler Parsonses, Kyle Lowrys, Patrick Beverleys of the world to form a nice package.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Portland would want Asik and Parsons and there is no way Morey would give up Chandler. A deal that could end up on the table would be:

Asik
    Lin
    Parsons

For

Aldridge
    Batum

That might be something to consider.

Beverley / Cannan
    Harden / Anderson
    Batum / (brewer)
    Aldridge / Jones / smith
    Howard / D-mo

10. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Lin would have to go to a 3rd team because Portland has no need for a PG, especially one getting with a cap hit of $8.3MM.

11. cml750

cml750 Member

I would be ecstatic if we could somehow get LMA. He is a perfect fit for this team.

12. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

You don't think they'd notice that we were slipping Royce White into the trade offer?

Portland: "Hmm, Asik, he's good, nice picks... HEEEYYYYY, WAIT A MINUTE!!"

13. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Come on now. Chandler is not untouchable, especially for LMA.

14. Orange1

Orange1 Member

What success?

Then DH can only stay in Lakers instead of Rockets because Kobe. Harden is not anywhere close to any superstar level yet. Open your eyes. Fans watch baseketballs games not just for baseketball reason only. They need star performers. Harden is no where near any superstar level yet. As for the rest of non basketball only factors, Kobe, Lebron, Lin are way up there than your imagination can travel. No offense to you either.

15. ejarts

ejarts Member

must get him. I'm tired of watching him kick rockets ass all the time. he's damn good.

16. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

I've defended Josh Smith as a 4 to be paired in the frontcourt with Howard, but clearly LaMarcus Aldridge is the preferred choice. Doubt this one has much weight, and I also doubt Portland would bite without Parsons. I'd rather sign Smith in free agency than give up any major pieces for Aldridge.

17. thekad

thekad Member

Blazers are apparently getting Robin Lopez, so I think they're going to try and shoot for a playoff spot this season and an LMA trade will be revisited at the trade deadline.

That would raise an interesting question if the Rockets sign Dwight, though. Should Morey go for the sure thing in Josh Smith or take a gamble, hold on to Asik, and see if he can flip Asik for Aldridge at the deadline? It would be a tough choice.

18. LiveEatSleepRox

I'm not one of those people opposed to bringing Smith in to play with Howard if we DO get the big guy. But LMA is in all purposes a better fit offensively. Defensively it's not TOO big a difference, since LMA will bring more length than Smith, but his footspeed will be slightly less. LMA can only scare the wing players with his length whereas Smith is the better one-on-one defender.

To be honest, if we can somehow steal LMA halfway through the season or next season without completely gutting our core (assuming we have Howard but not Smith) and have a half decent bench. I can see us contending for years to come !

19. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

100% agree w this. I'd want lma more too but it's all about leverage at this point. We'd have to give up less for smith now. Next off season when Portland has less leverage we could maybe swing for lma plus by then we might have secured more assets to trade with.

Would Portland see Asik with his backloaded salary or smith at/near max as a better center piece in trade though?

20. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

Man, really wish this Dwight thing clears up so Houston can move forward with Dwight.

Asik + Terrence + 2014 first round + DMO get it done.

Let's go Morey!