1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Forum "Insider": Houston is on Aldridge's list...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Jul 4, 2013.

1. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We need to wait on Canaan to break out like Eric Bledsoe. Then we can trade Asik and Canaan at the trade deadline for Aldridge.

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Asik + Lin + TJones or DMo + return of TRob bounty (2 2nd rd picks + 2 euro player rights) + future 1st.... is that enough for LMA?

...and should leave enough for D12 and another 4M in cap space... and I think we still have NY 2nd rd picks for next couple years to add cheap contracts w upside....

Bev/Caanan
    Harden/Anderson
    Parsons/?
    LMA/DMo or TJones/GSmith
    D12/Ohlbrecht/DMo/GSmith

3. The Stig

The Stig Member

I'd love to have LMA here but outside of Asik, we don't have anything to offer that wouldn't downgrade the team.

4. scaramanga

scaramanga Member

wow! LMA! please please please!!!

5. Rokman

Rokman Member

Aldridge's Salary vs. Asik's Salary

2013 - 2014
    Aldridge - $14,100,000
    Asik --- - $ 5,225,000

2014 - 2015
    Aldridge - $15,200,000
    Asik --- - $14,898,938

How does this work as far as player swapping? Does Houston have to match 2013 - 2014's salary or do they look at the total contract?

6. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

A poster on clutchfans that consistently disrespects Doc and cyberx starts a thread about an insider on real gm? That's rich.

2 people like this.
  7. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

They don't use the actual salary, they just have to match cap hits. So it would be Asik at $8.3M + assets like the young PFs and their salaries, picks, and maybe even salary filler Royce White + the extra percentage of salary you're allowed to take back in a trade.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

8.3 million is the only number that matters.

9. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

We can trade Lin and Asik in a three way deal where Asik goes to Portland and Lin goes to a third team, and the third team gives Portland something they want.

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Theoretically, we could find a way to deal for LMA by renegotiating the T-Rob trade, but it would destroy our depth (we'd be down to 7-8 players) and we'd have to sign 5 or 6 players just to fill out the roster.

I would do it, but it would be very expensive. Then again, Les has been saying that he'd pay the LT for a championship team, so this is his chance. I'm sure Morey could find some combination of Euro and minimum contract players to fill our that roster.

11. Raven

Raven Member

Not if they want Parsons and Asik. Otherwise, Hell & Yes.

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Another thing, if this is true and we strike out on Dwight, we could make it happen very easily without losing anyone. He would look damn good playing next to a defensive and rebounding machine like Asik.

13. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

If it is true Portland is looking to deal Adridge, i will suggest Morey get on the phone right away and offer them Asik. Are you kidding me....Adridge is 5x better than Josh Smith...actually make it 10x better because he fits this team perfectly.

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I was thinking the same thing.

15. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Howard + Adridge spelled doom for the NBA. What? We still have Harden ....okay...it's game over! lol

16. thekad

thekad Member

"disrespects" lol

Doubting their credentials as an insider does not equal disrespect. It equals critical thinking. If I couldn't think critically, I'd be going around here posting photoshopped pictures as truth, you know?

17. acjeitherocket

ill keep dreaming....

18. OTMax

OTMax Member

I would give up anybody short of Harden & Beverley to get Aldridge here. Parsons has a favourable contract but Aldridge, Howard & Harden is just too good to pass up. We can sign Brewer & Garcia to fill that SF spot and you would probably have to trade Lin so that would leave us with:

Bev / Canaan
    Harden / Anderson
    Brewer / Garcia
    Aldridge / Tjones / D-Mo
    Dwight / Leonard / Smith

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

19. calmdowntime

calmdowntime Member

Certainly, but I also think it's the whole package, a young core of genuinely nice and intelligent guys.

20. frazm23

frazm23 Member

yeah, I'm the guy in the pic that met LA during all star break. he seemed really excited about the potential of playing with harden.

would love to have him on our team but i don't think portland gives him up for just asik and a pick or two. i'd think that portland would want A LOT more for morey to get er done.