1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

She just doesn't want to deal with the inevitable that Howard will be going to a better team... A younger, built-for-the-future team. She's just butt hurt of Howard most likely not staying with the Lakers, that's all.

Nothing else to see here. Move along Rockets fans! :)

2. mikelowery

mikelowery Member

i think shes more of a attention w**** then dhoward..its like she wakes up and is like i better write something...How they get jobs is unknown to me

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm more worried about Dallas than the Lakers.

Cuban seems to be up mind games. I think this has all been downplaying on his part.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

She is not reliable. She also is still reporting that the Lakers could sign and trade Howard. That has been shot down many times.

5. thegreekdbag

thegreekdbag Member

Why did Dwight want out of Orlando so badly? Was it just due to the gm being terrible? Stan Jeremy? Not enough glitz and glamor? People have reported varying reasons. I keep hearing he wants to be head honcho and that's what he was for the Magic. Why not just stay there with the team who drafted you and force them to get a different gm, etc.?

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

She works a lot with Marc Stein, who is a Dallas fan. So I am guessing the theory comes from Stein's contacts.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If Dwight signs with Lakers they will never beat okc. They couldn't beat them with Bynum at center and that was two years ago when they were younger. Lakers are a bad pick basketball wise.

8. Ultimateian

Ultimateian Member

Ugh. The veterans who have been with us will miss the announcement due to sleep.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Yea I saw. My bad. She just pisses me off though so I had to post it again

10. thegreekdbag

thegreekdbag Member

Any relation to this guy?

[​IMG]

11. mrm32

mrm32 Member

They weren't really improving the team after they went to the finals. I guess it was due to a bad GM being capped out and he often butted heads with SVG.

12. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Stein's contact = Cuban. If Dallas is so sure they got Dwight in the bag and Houston is the one with the smokescreen I wonder why we made the necessary moves to gain near max cap space and the Mavs haven't even been close to moving Marion yet?

13. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Yup.

The main reason I don't buy it is that Dallas' trade patterns don't add up to a team that is particularly confident. They could've gotten out of the first round, but took Larkin. While the Rockets made the T-Rob deal in advance of their Dwight meeting, the Mavs haven't dealt either of Carter/Marion and still lack the room to be that close to a max deal. They've been rumored in other scenarios (Bledsoe, etc.) that would add salary.

I think they're legitimately trying for Dwight, but their moves don't look like a team that is especially confident about it.

14. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

Dwight chillen at the Little Nell in Aspen. Was hoping he'd be decked out in Rockets Apparel.

15. Classic

Classic Member

Not moving Marion = also a smoke screen.

16. Rockets25

Rockets25 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Dwight Howard vacationing in Aspen before making a decision on free agency. <a href="https://twitter.com/BillSimmons">@BillSimmons</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt">@daldridgetnt</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA">@WojYahooNBA</a> <a href="http://t.co/6Lz6vdgNzc">pic.twitter.com/6Lz6vdgNzc</a></p>&mdash; Andrew M. Citron (@AndreCitrone) <a href="https://twitter.com/AndreCitrone/statuses/352577275776073728">July 3, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Interesting, this was posted a while ago by someone else on here, claiming it was his dad's buddy that saw him and took the pic lol

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Anyhow... we are just reading tea leaves here. It's fun and there's no other NBA to entertain us right now, but lets keep in mind that things can turn out quite a bit differently than how they may seem based on whatever.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The problem is Orlando was not really doing a great job building around him. It quickly became a situation where most of the guys around him were bad contracts and they had little flexibility to improve. One of their best moves that could have possibly been made for them was trading for Ellis. It was that bad.

I think Dwight just wants to team up with another superstar much like Melo, Lebron etc.

Problem is his #1 option to go to Brooklyn with Deron became impossible and now we are at where we are at.

If he wants to be the man he can do so for the Lakers or Dallas and if he wants to just play on a better team then he can come to Houston.

20. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

He reached for the guy with the red shorts. Red=Rockets. He chose Rockets! Amidoingitright?

So how long will he be there, I just want this to be over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.