1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CCorn

CCorn Member

Yet you are reading and posting in this thread?

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It feels like the media are trying to be LA's Dan Gilbert, basically Gilbert had tow rite that letter to console Cleveland fans because well, no one cared about them, now the media outlets are rushing to do that for LA.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I know I'm stating the obvious, but that has to be the other.way around. Lakers idiots?

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yes. Dwight is the best center in the league. Historically, the team with the best center in the league wins the championship.

5. H-Town™

H-Town™ Member

I'm reading the thread because it's ****ing hilarious

I'm posting because i can.

6. CALI_MOST_WANTD

I've already been harassed out here before for being a Rockets fan. Close to a bar fight because of it. This was about 2 seasons ago.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

because he is a Rocket fan.... Dwight might be related in near future
    Rocket will become better with or without Dwight. Most of us can assume that.
    Having Dwight will make it easier but it's not the end of the world if he decides to stay put because in one or two years he'll regret anyway.

8. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

It's hard being any fan other than a Lakers fan out here and not get harassed. I have gone to Clippers and Lakers games against the Rockets only to hear people talk ****.

I can handle knowledgable fans but the delusional homer ones bother the hell out of me.

One of my fondest memories though was taking my engagement shots before our wedding out here in LA. One of the stops was at the staples center and my fiancé at the time and I wore Rockets gear and took pictures there. It was during game 1 of the playoffs that year when Yao got hurt. I was taping the game and figured I would have a tone of people talking smack.

When no one said a word to me and it was really quiet from fans I realized something big was going on. Needless to say we took game 1.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeah I'm pretty sure Rockets fans in LA will get harassed whether we gloat on the Lakers' forums or not, should Dwight sign here

And on that note let's not jinx it, nothing is done until he signs the dotted line.

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

What amuses me is I don't think the barber has a clue about this whole free agency thing, he probably had absolutely no idea what he did and then people started tweeting him.

He was probably thinking, man Dwight Howard! He probably won't respond or remove the tweet and probably had to call them to go into damage control when it clicked.

I know what it's like too, I was away on holidays much of late last year and I remember watching the first day of the season and thinking "wtf, why is James Harden playing for us?"

#5050 Aleron, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  11. jae713

jae713 Member

Yes...Yes you are.

12. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

We gave our soul to Dwight, basically we outdid with our presentation all our competitors for his services. If Dwight isn't coming, we lost some Ipads, some value time from Hakeem/Clyde, most importantly we lost T.Robinson for nothing. At the same time, most likely end up with a tier 2 player this year and probaly dip into 2014 again.

13. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I"m not a 100% sold on him just yet. He has a lot to prove in my opinion before we go all googoo over him.

He is an immense talent with a very bad attitude at times. So of course there will be a bit of hate from some fans. As fans we have a right to not be 100% happy.

I won't be till he shows me something in a Rockets Uniform.

14. H-Town™

H-Town™ Member

We lost T-Robinson and gained 2 players from the EuroLeague, one of them Papanikolau, i hear is VERY good.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>And now, the really, really hard part for Dwight. Fun's over, flirtation ended. Now he has to make a decision, his biggest. My guess...</p>&mdash; Brian K. Schmitz (@MagicInsider) <a href="https://twitter.com/MagicInsider/statuses/352393776741892096">July 3, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Returning to L.A. as a hero, pleasing Kobe and Jack Nicholson, trumps diving into the unknown in Houston.</p>&mdash; Brian K. Schmitz (@MagicInsider) <a href="https://twitter.com/MagicInsider/statuses/352394079402868736">July 3, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

return to la to please the crowd

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kobe and Nicholsen are at the end of their respective careers.
    Dwight better be smart about this.

18. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

The unknown in Houston? You have to be kidding me, him staying in LA or going to Dallad is full of unknowns and how those teams can actually put a real supporting cast around him. We are the only known commodity with the best player to team him up with in Harden and with plenty of other movable contracts and assets to help make this team even better.

19. OTMax

OTMax Member

Is Jack Nicholson that important to LA, isn't he just a 'loyal' obnoxious fan that happens to be an actor.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

When is Dwight ever smart in his decision-making? :p

I think he'll go back to LA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.