1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

MDA getting treated like crap if true.

2. BeardlyBeardman

Here's the LA follow up meeting:

They all gather in the Lakers conference room. MDA is grinning like an idiot across the table from Dwight. Mitch slides Dwight a plain white envelope.

"Here's our offer."

Dwight opens the envelope and unfolds the small slip of paper while everyone watches with baited breath.

You can fire this idiot yourself, right now if you want. Just say the word "triangle" and it's done.

Dwight looks up at the incredulous MDA with his salt and pepper mustache. He glares.

"TRIANGLE!" Dwight exclaims, jumping to his feet.

Mitch quickly reaches for a hidden button under the table before MDA can stand. The floor under MDA's chair begins to shift as his chair is rocked violently backwards and he disappears into a dark abyss. His last words hanging in the air as the room looks on.

"Pick and rolllllllll !"

The door to the conference room opens. Phil strides in calmly and heads for the whiteboard without a word.

3 people like this.
  3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Raising Cain's is going to give Dwight free chicken tenders for life? I have one up here in North Texas near me and the place is always empty. Not even sure how they are still in business? That seems like a negative more than a positive. Dwight may start playing ball like a tender chicken.

4. mattlivin05

mattlivin05 Member

I just saw it on twitter. Look up L.A sports Radio and its there. Sorry I don't know how to post that kind of stuff on here

5. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

God, here goes another false rumor that is about to spread like wildfire. Just chill people, we know how this ends: just a rumor.

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

It's bs, no way they fire D'antoni.

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Impossible. MDA will be at the meeting.

This would also make the Lakers come off more desperate than they already were. Unattractive to play ball for someone who is so willing to throw there coach under the bus just to keep one player. I think this is highly inaccurate.

8. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I've never heard this said either. I mean, this is a guy who was willing to come off the bench in OKC even though he was one of the three best players on the team and one of the best young players in the world. This is a guy who deferred without one word of complaint and drama in order to win in OKC and who was eager to return to that situation if they would have just paid him what he was worth -- but instead they decided to keep Perkins on the books AND pay Ibaka.

Harden seems to me to be the perfect type of star that Howard wants to play with -- capable of impacting the game and shouldering the load like any other superstar, but without the melo drama and struggle for control of the team that you get from most superstars.

9. mattlivin05

mattlivin05 Member

AM 570 FOX Sports LA ‏@AM570RADIO 16m
    Source: Lakers would be willing to fire D"Antoni to keep Howard http://dlvr.it/3br5RJ

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I heard Boomer Esiason (stay with me, folks) on the radio this morning talking about Dwight.

He was basically talking about what a circus all the teams presentations to Dwight have been so far. He brought up Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie signing with the Broncos because they were the only team that told him about all of his flaws and how they could help fix them - instead of kissing his ass and telling him how great he is.

Interesting.

11. mario_v

mario_v Member

The one about Megasthar's sig being right all along? If so, yeah, I remember that...

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Why post that? Its not even close to being true.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If its not 710 ESPN it's probably not true. That's the Lakers station and their sportscasters have shows there.

14. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

LakerNation isn't the credible website, LakersNation is.

15. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

If they do fire MDA who's still out there looking for a coaching job?

16. H-Town™

H-Town™ Member

Mike D'antoni isn't going anywhere and i read that D12 was unhappy with D'antoni's methods or something

17. OTMax

OTMax Member

McHale did this basically

18. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Deleted

#3158 HR Dept, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  19. htown1984

htown1984 Member

LOL firs Dantoni and hes in the meeting?? LOL

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

:grin:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The Lakers' <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23STAYD12&amp;src=hash">#STAYD12</a> campaign on wheels RT <a href="https://twitter.com/Ari_Bati">@Ari_Bati</a> Dwight sign on the 405 by jamboree <a href="https://t.co/2n0sFzpVkw">pic.twitter.com/2n0sFzpVkw</a></p>&mdash; Dave McMenamin (@mcten) <a href="https://twitter.com/mcten/statuses/352143582993453059">July 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.