1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I take that back. Clutch, can we append to YoYo's name and make it "Fletch/YoYo"? They are both investigative reporters in L.A. that do some sneaking around. They really are the same person.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Right... because it is a forgone conclusion that Carmelo will opt out of NY for the opportunity to play for the old Lakers?

Jesus Laker fans are insane.

3. HtownSportsFan

can i say 1 thing off topic? What's the record for the most talked about thread on clutchfans?

4. jacoby

jacoby Member

I think it was the nixed Pau Gasol trade thread.

5. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I could see it getting to the point when only contributing members can post. Speaking of which, I need to donate. How much do we need to donate to become contributing members?

2 people like this.
  6. HtownSportsFan

prolly so.

but went searching through the threads and the farthest that I could go, was the Comcast tv and where to get it. (Which has about 4,000 posts lol)

7. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

I think all these "sources" coming after the meetings are all from his agent Fegan....

he is the master of spinning things to maximize leverage... he know how to use the media to his advantage...

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Carmelo won't opt out, he just wants to get paid as much as humanly possible, lol

9. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

If Dwight Howard *says he's truly all about winning then the obvious choice would be Houston or even Golden State, to be perfectly honest.*

Every pitch that the Lakers have made so far aren't even basketball related. From billboards, movie stars, to tv shows. They know Dwight's weaknesses and they're doing a pretty good job exploiting them, to say the least. But then again, none of those translate to winning nor being a part of a championship contending team.

Staying in LA or even choosing Dallas present the same major issues. Sacrifice another year with an aging, unhealthy roster and are bound to rebuild their team around him next summer. Sure, both teams will have the cap space to go on a shopping galore for free agents in 2014 but who will be the realistic targets? *Is LeBron James leaving Miami? Go all in on a 30-year old Melo?*

Fact is, that does not bode well for someone who's entering his 10th season in the league and what could possibly be his final contract/years in his prime.*

If Dwight Howard is the same Dwight Howard from years past then you and i know he's staying in LA.*

But if he's genuinely what he claims to be(the Dwight Howard who wishes to be happy and wants to win)..*

1 person likes this.
  10. OTMax

OTMax Member

Repped, this is spot on. If Dwight is the same coward - LA

If he's serious about winning - Rockets. If Warriors had the room, I would give them the edge but since they have to give up players and have to convince LA to do a S&T, and money will always play a part, Houston has the edge.

11. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher 14m
    Execs from two different NBA teams gave the identical response: "I may be in the minority, but I think Dwight stays"

12. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Execs from two different NBA teams gave the identical response: "I may be in the minority, but I think Dwight stays in LA." The real revelation is that they are correct -- the majority inside the NBA seem to believe Howard is going to Texas, whether it be to the Houston Rockets or the Dallas Mavericks.From simply a basketball standpoint, Dallas makes far more sense, in that the respective talents of Dirk Nowitzki and Howard are more compatible than those of James Harden and Howard and if championships are truly his priority -- more on that in a second -- the Mavs have a head coach who has experienced winning one both as a player and a head coach vs. one who only knows what it takes to win as a player.

I'm on record as saying that the bashing of Dwight Howard as a player has gone way too far and that I'd certainly explore ways of getting him if it were my team; but that said, does anyone else feel uncomfortable reading story after story that cites, without reservation, "sources" saying Howard will make his decision based on the best place to win titles? Is it written somewhere that everything a source might say on a subject has to be written, no matter how ridiculous it might sound? If titles really were what this exercise is all about, wouldn't his list of teams look drastically different? As in, say, the Spurs, Heat and Thunder, based on more recent history? The Rockets haven't sniffed a title in 16 years and there's nothing about their present construction that suggests they're on the cusp of changing that. The Mavs? They won one two years ago and have one player on the verge of retirement, Dirk, still around to tell about it. And Howard's off-the-board choices are the Warriors and Hawks? What, because of their distinguished experience in building title winners? Then there's the Lakers, of course, who do have a track record of winning titles but have lost almost all their moorings to the people who produced them. At the risk of sounding preachy, I suggest two things: one, let's stop dogging a guy who led the league in rebounding, averaged nearly 2 1/2 blocked shots a game and was a top-30 scorer, all with a surgically repaired back; and let's stop taking as gospel that winning championships is all that matters to him until he, not a source, gives some indication of that being his priority.

13. #TheBeard

#TheBeard Member

Read the whole post, the guys is a ****in dumbass, he needs mental help. He thinks basketball wise, Dallas is a better fit. He always trashes the Rockets. He's a D-bag

14. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

yep. the lakers, hawks, and mavs got the same pitch. we'll build around you in 2014. so we concede we aint winning this next year, and maybe have the potential to later...to have the chance add guys of the caliber of harden and parsons but it's not guaranteed. lmao. dwight would go against everything he said bout just wanting to win if he went anywhere via fa than us (not trade to w's).

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Why is Bucher's so anti-Houston? It's crazy how often he puts stuff like that out. Is it just hating on Morey, jealous of Morey's and Simmons' friendship? Geez let it go Bucher.

16. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

The thing is GSW would have to gut their roster to SnT DH12... GSW without 2-3 of thier key players are not the same roster...

17. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

lol. bucher also tweeted from his sources that couple days ago he heard warriors wouldnt have a meeting with dwight

18. Rocketfanatic2

Sounds like a punk. Dallas is a better destination than Houston from a basketball standpoint? Yeah ok. A bunch of 35 year old men on the verge of their last seasons in the league compared to a budding superstar with a great YOUNG group of supporting players. What a joke.

19. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Good 'ol Bucher. Always sticking it to Houston. Oh well -- either way, I loved that Robinson trade and am looking forward to what we put on the court next season.

20. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

There's no point in worrying too much about this. We have the best roster and we made one heck of pitch. We already did everything there is to do and that's all you can ever ask for from our FO and the team. Whatever happens from here on out is all Dwight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.