1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. treeman

treeman Member

Cyberx said that it'll probably come Thursday, I believe. I wouldn't expect it to come right away, even if he has already made up his mind. He wants to appear as if he gave each suitor due consideration and carefully thought about all of his options. No one would begrudge him taking a couple of days to think over this momentous decision, surely? Just for PR purposes I'd expect him to take a couple of days in announcing The Decision.

2. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

That would be awesome. I doubt it though.

3. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

If he's smart, he would announce it on the night of the 3rd, and then leave on the 4th to somewhere isolated for the next week

4. cyberx

cyberx Member

No definite on that Thursday, was just an estimate from some guys in his camp...

5. Convictedstupid

If he wants to be like Jay-Z, he'll announce it on the 4th.

6. treeman

treeman Member

Thanks, cyberx. I don't expect it to come tomorrow night, personally. Wouldn't surprise me if he waited until the 10th, either. It'll come when it comes.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No one would begrudge him the 3rd or 4th...but closing in on the 10th? Teams are making deals and I'm sure they would be a little miffed if he's taking his sweet time while other teams are making moves.

Teams need to know if they have to go to plan b or something. He's had A LOT of time to think about this any ways.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Do you think he will even have his mind made up by then? Honest question...

Just seems like with his history, and reports of him taking time off, he's going to use that time off to mull his decision to death.

9. treeman

treeman Member

Haven't you ever taken a week or two to think about a really big decision?

Like I said my personal opinion is that he's already made up his mind but he really has no reason to rush the announcement. The teams will likely know before we will anyway. That might even give the team he selects a little time to make a few calls / cut a few deals necessary to smooth the process, or make it an even bigger splash. Who knows.

10. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Source confirmed what <a href="https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne">@ramonashelburne</a> reported that reps with Time Warner Cable will be part of the Lakers' meeting with Howard on Tues</p>&mdash; Mark Medina (@MarkG_Medina) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/statuses/351877232781824002">July 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Two Sandwiches

Lakers fan?

I am curious to see what Kobe does coming back from his injury. To be honest, I'm not a big love fan, and over the years, I've discounted a lot of what he's done, although I feel it's a bit unfair to him. I'd be pretty impressed if he can average 25/5/5 over the next few years given his age and the injury he's coming back from.

12. egierczy

egierczy Contributing Member

Thanks, man. Couldn't help taking a break to check where we're at in the sweepstakes.

Somebody mentioned the Rockets CEO was already telling advertisers that Dwight is on board. I followed up with a director of advertising at major company. I'll let you all know if he can confirm.

13. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Thats right. :cool:

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

There goes Houston's tax advantage...

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

But this is longer than a week. He's had all offseason to think about this. These meetings are just to confirm and deny things about what he already knows.

Maybe it's not fair...but I doubt there will be people that will be happy if he drags it out to the 10th. Let's just remember the Lebron thing...that is pretty much what he would be doing. Dragging it out to a certain date to announce his decision.

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

THIS
    OH MY GOD...THIS!

Dont have to read all of it, but the last ten pages or so isnt out of order..I have to do it everytime I come back to my desk.

Yeah, like that only happens with THIS fanbase. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It is more like this, when you have someone claiming that a team who Howard HASNT EVEN MET WITH YET is the place he has decided to be eventho NO ONE else has made a peep(much less a tweet) even close to that, you can safely discount that person.

but you probably know that....you are just trolling.

17. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DH did not bring this up, and the comcast discussion was not an afterthought. Morey et al, went into the meeting with a plan to talk about this.

#1957 basso, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

duncan never had a major leg injury like a blown achilles. it's also more difficult for a perimeter player to play with old legs than a big man..

19. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

please explain exactly how that one fact means what you said....TWC can not give Howard any sort of compensation, the NBA will not allow it.

So what, exactly, are the TWC execs gonna do to swing the vote?

20. Two Sandwiches

Okay, that sounds better. I wonder, did they bring up the fact that they have a plan to get more games to the local population, or did they pitch The Dwight Howard and Friends Show?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.