1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS Sports] Rockets make Asik, Lin available in trade talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 30, 2013.

1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

This is Dwight Howard that we are talking about...

The guy who's changed his mind HOW MANY FRIGGING TIMES?!

Did we learn NOTHING from the Gasol fiasco?

Nothing is certain until the guy signs on the dotted line and all paperwork is cleared by the league.

Even if we do get Howard, I think this is just a stupid thing to do to move so fast with these assumptions about a guy who has changed his mind a gazillion times.

Who will even give up a starting PG for Lin at this point? Be effing realistic, unless the idea is to start Beverly and have Harden be the initiator, like I originally thought might happen this summer.

2. dream1222

dream1222 Member

agree, make it happen morey

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

4. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I think 4 mill is too much lol

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Stern/Silver need to throw us a bone, like a championship or two. The Rockets are singlehandedly carrying the offseason newswire for the NBA this year.

Sure there's the pathetic attempt of the New York teams to remain relevant, but everyone with half a brain can see Isaiah Thomas 2.0 going down over there. On both teams

Rockets = NBA this offseason. Ask China. I feel like Morey is going into his Neo-mode now. Everything is falling into place, the stars are aligning, and I know kung fu.

6. Raven

Raven Member

It's going to be interesting to see how much depth we have after the dust settles.

7. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I do... Rondo would take a lot of the ball handling responsibility so harden could just feed off of him. And he'd be able to give more energy on D.

Harden is similar to pierce a few years ago, just more athletic and IMO a better scorer. And rondo played fine next to pierce

8. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Too lazy to read through 15 pages and you guys are posting too fast to keep up with the reading.

It doesn't make sense to trade Lin & Asik if we have the room for D12 now. Holding onto both allows you to try them out for awhile while waiting for the best offer with their value as high as possible.

The only reason you'd trade now is if an opportunity presented itself now that required cap space to sign someone outright, or an all star were made available that required trade pieces for.

DM doesn't trade unless the market favors the highest value he can get for a player or a player is available that wouldn't otherwise be normally available.

Does this seem strange to anyone else? Sorry if this has been discussed already in the thread.....again not sifting through 15 pages.

10. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I am not saying 1 or both might not be traded but one thing this does is make it not so desperate to trade TRob which should get his value back to normal.

11. mario_v

mario_v Member

Rondo would be a great fit with harden, as long as he rajon was given control of the offense.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not saying we should not weigh our options but terrible decisions?
    Yes everyone had those, he helped them Hawks in the playoffs that is what I saw.

Aldridge also has flaws..too complacent... I admit he has more length and a better post game

We'll wait out and see because both guys have game
    Smith was the guy with more playoff experience

13. str8tup

str8tup Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Pistons and Rockets potentially could have a deal in place that would involve Jeremy Lin and Jose Calderon in a sign and trade. (CBSSports)</p>&mdash; NBA Legion (@MySportsLegion) <a href="https://twitter.com/MySportsLegion/statuses/351514781833895936">July 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

They are but how many years are left on Courtney Lee's deal and Gerald Wallace's deal? I haven't looked but it would be nice for them for all of the contracts to expire after the same season (Lin + Asik)

15. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Not reliable.

16. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

JOSE CALDERON??

17. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

BTW if we trade Asik and Lin just to dump their salaries, then why the hell did we bother amnestying Scola? What the hell did that accomplish besides exposing young PFs who werent ready to start and as a result lost significant trade value?

You telling me Scola and Dwight wouldn't make a perfect frontcourt? What an effing waste of last season. I'm not saying I wouldn't welcome Dwight with open arms, it's just ridiculous to pin all this crap on the pipe dream that the guy will actually be able to make an effing decision for once in his life.

18. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Trob's deal is already in place? His value is already set in trade with Portland. This trade for Lin & Asik is unnecessary with Trob already traded.

19. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

How do you potentially have a deal in place? I potentially have a date with Jessica Alba.

2 people like this.
  20. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

It is if CBS Sports is the source.