1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mark Deeks: Houston trying to dump Jeremy Lin, prioritize salary over basketball assets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 27, 2013.

1. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

He's obviously not 'Lincredible.'

2. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

aka CP3 :grin:

3. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

yea why not.

4. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Looks like some owe <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkDeeksNBA">@markdeeksnba</a> an apology. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsCenter">@SportsCenter</a> An NBA GM tells <a href="https://twitter.com/jadande">@jadande</a> that he was offered Jeremy Lin in a trade.</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/statuses/351539747295993856">July 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. fearless!

fearless! Member

Why are u so eager to make people apologize? I dont think most of the people here doubted that Jeremy is on the trading block. The problem with Deeks was that he said Rockets wanted to move Jeremy because Beverley was better, which NO other source confirmed what so ever.

6. ERC

ERC Member

Hmm... what happens when Beverley gets into foul trouble (happens quite often) or goes 5-6 games without scoring (probably an anomaly but still...)? I like the scrappy kid a lot, but don't know if he's starting PG caliber yet.

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

the rockets are trying to see if teams will bite on better talent for more earning power.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

[​IMG]

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Houston is trying to dump Jeremy Lin's salary, going so far as to prioritise cap relief over young basketball assets.

What does what Morey is doing have anything to do with dumping and salary relief?

10. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Jeremy Lin "USED" the Rockets for his Pay Day.. First thing out his mouth was Wow I really didn't want to live NY. He knew his value was in NY but he knew Linsanity was all a dream and he "Had" to cash in on it... So he won't be bitter if the rockets plan to cash in and trade him.. a Win Win.. Knicks played it smart.. all parties should be happy...

11. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

I was mainly pointing to the fact that Lin was on the trading block, which was what Deeks tweeted out first. Now Berger says that Lin is on the trading block. Now you equate the two. So there's no difference in that at all.

12. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Morey was the one who gave him the contract, because he didn't want NY to match. Lin only signed his name on the dotted line. Just like Howard is supposed to do. Nobody forced Morey into writing up a big contract. He pays what he thinks someone is worth.

13. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

I agree.

And I don't understand why people should apologize to Deeks. Smh

14. rocketblood713

I agree

15. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

This doesn't make any sense. Why would the Rockets sell Dwight on opportunities in China and then trade away what would give him that opportunity? Dwight has stated he wants to play with a big man like Asik, so again why would the Rockets want to trade him away as well?

16. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Some people trying to suck up to that Deeks guy.

17. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

I guess :grin:

18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

We are not under the projected salary cap

19. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Clutch is not trying to suck up to anyone. He's merely showing someone the respect they deserve. I feel bad for you guys.

20. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Who's talking about Clutch?