1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Source: Chance Dwight comes to Houston growing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 9, 2013.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

The aforementioned Stein podcast:

Dwight didn't give much away in that {LAT} discussion. Not sure there is a lot there. I take away more from the GMs I talk to - Houston is now openly making it clear, we are trading Thomas Robinson to whoever offers us a future first round pick and is willing to absorb him. It has left the impression with rivals that they're confident they believe they have a real shot at Dwight. I've just heard it too much, Dwight and Harden talk fairly frequently. The NBA doesn't look at this as tampering. Hard for them to get in the middle of it. Harden has made no secret he's heading up Houston's recruiting efforts. There is a buzz around the league that Houston has given LA something to worry about.

If Dwight dumps the Lakers, is it the worst thing in the world if you're Mitch Kupchak?

The Lakers will tell you we're the Lakers and we can rebound from anything. I don't think it will be as easy to rebound from this as the Lakers would lead you to believe but they will have significant cap space in the summer of 2014. They never had a problem attracting free agents. Theoretically, yes, they will bounce back but this is a major blow.

Next 12 months, what will happen with Miami's roster?

There undoubtedly will be changes but I believe LeBron will only go to Cleveland if he leaves Miami. We see the state of Wade & LeBron and everyone is leaping to the conclusion LeBron is gone {ASAP} but I believe he will be trashed even more than last time. I gotta find a new supporting cast to hook up with that will get me more titles. To be a great player, you gotta be the guy they build around. Going back to Cleveland, that's beyond basketball. I don't see LeBron jumping to Dallas or LA to get a new group around him. I think he'll say Pat, I'm here with you. Lets figure out how to get a new group around me. You tell me, what would you think if he bolts in 2014?

1 person likes this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Right. :-/

"I think he'll say Pat, I'm here with you. Lets figure out how to get a new group around me. " http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=239357

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Woj:

Yes or no - Dwight will be a Rocket?

I can't give a yes or no. I think if he leaves the Lakers, the Rockets have the best chance to get him. He knows the Rockets are the team with the best chance of winning right away. If he's not a Laker, he's probably a Rocket.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Dwight always says it is all about "winning." If that is the case, WOJ's comments says it all.

EDIT: JR, where is the Woj comment from? Is that a Radio/TV interview?

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

WOJ was pretty convinced last year that Dwight was getting traded here. I think he used the "it's not if but when" line to describe the situation

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

He did. Maybe he was/is just playing to the Houston market, ha.

8. lazybum234

lazybum234 Member

9. betterhomesbytj

Shaun Powell: Hearing the Clippers will be in play for Dwight Howard next week. It will depend on salary and sign and trade. Twitter @Powell2daPeople

1 person likes this.
  10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

No Lin? Maybe the rumors are true....:confused:

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No Omer either. They are just brings two guys who know Dwight the best-- Harden from team USA and Parsons from Orlando.

12. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

After watching that Hakeem/D12 video and D12 calling him Master Splinter, I think having him accompany the Rockets will be almost too much for D12 to turn down.

13. ejarts

ejarts Member

He called the ghost busters.

14. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

Dwight is at MLG Anaheim. Here is a link to the stream. Not sure when the live feed is coming back on. http://www.twitch.tv/mlgcod

15. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

^^ Just to add.. Its a COD Black Ops 2 Celebrity game .(w Dez Bryant) Will Start at 9:30 CST. For anyone interested....

16. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Any more updates from cyberx???

17. Raven

Raven Member

Interesting point, and no Asik either.

18. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

BamBam, why dou always have periods after your posts?

19. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Last hope.

20. nathan1107

nathan1107 Member

any update news ?