1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    EAST FINALS GAME 4 -- can the Pacers avoid being swept? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets have been offered a 1st round pick for Thomas Robinson (UPDATE: So much for "imminent")

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I believe Honeycutt was waived but he had a partial guarantee of $100,000 for this year.

2. hizzobbes

hizzobbes Member

Ah I see, the salary list I was looking at didn't show that... but according to this one, that's right.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/HOU.html

3. eman

eman Contributing Member

If we've actually been offered a first-round pick for TRob, what are we waiting for?

4. omgTHEpotential

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Oaw0_zw9LGs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

Yeah I think it was that and Morey used the stretch provision so instead of having a full cap hit, during one year, instead he'll have a very partial cap hit the next 2-3 seasons or so...not sure but maybe Bima can confirm this

6. ejarts

ejarts Member

Hope we get Reddick. Would be perfect to have a shooter to pair with Dwight and when Harden or Parsons take a break. You saw what Ray Allen did for the Heat. All Champs has that one shooter. Rockets should get one. I mean all of them can shoot but its good to have one with great great instincts and tons of practice and passion for his role: just shoot.

7. smr6

smr6 Member

Just waiting til the draft to see if anything better comes around I guess.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

DM is probably exploring his options. Insert patience is a virtue cliche.

9. pcann

pcann Member

Darren Wolfson: Asked an #NBA executive for some names hot-and-heavy in trade talks. Said: Granger, M. Ellis (sign-&-trade), Thomas Robinson, and Vesely. Twitter @DarrenWolfson

2 people like this.
  10. basketballholic

Yeah, git 'er done now before we get into trouble for circumventing the CBA...you know....agreeing on trades now to be executed in the future and then executing them on an agreed to future date....you know that's circumvention, don't you? :rolleyes:

11. daleri

daleri Member

The offer is almost certainly conditional for both sides. The team with the pick expects that no player they like more than TRob will be left by the time they get to pick and Houston expects an international player we like to still be on the board but neither team wants to lock it in until we get to that point.

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Darren Wolfson: Asked an #NBA executive for some names hot-and-heavy in trade talks. Said: Granger, M. Ellis (sign-&-trade), Thomas Robinson, and Vesely. Twitter @DarrenWolfson

13. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Very nice. Anyone know anything about Darren Wolfson? Never heard of him.

Also impressive you posted this before J.R.

14. OTMax

OTMax Member

Glad draft night coming soon, Morey never sits still. Say what u want, turnover and all, he makes it exciting. Rockets are always in the news, rumours, picks, free agents and trades. Thursday, cant wait!

15. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I'm just waiting for the annual Rockets are pushing hard to move up to #2 report.

16. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

This. I understand the whole "Morey shouldn't cahnge the roster so much!" view, but, gosh dangit, I like the excitement of the offseason.

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

5 Eyewitness News jack-of-all-trades sports guy... 1500 ESPN contributor; based out of Minneapolis

former sports anchor with KSTC-TV, Channel 45

18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Damn, so I guess this means I gotta watch the draft now.

19. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

Yep, good point. Let me go start that rumor...brb. :grin:

20. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Its not just the offseason he makes exciting but also the trade deadline. Gotta love it!