1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Diamonds in the Rough

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by coachbadlee, Jan 17, 2013.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Nogueira has been playing with professionals for a while now and he already looks better than he did last season around this time. He looks to have more control than Whiteside at that time.

2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Christian Watford, he provides shooting and leadership along with good size and solid athleticism. If he can adjust to the speed of the NBA game he'll be very successful.

3. Pragmatician

Pragmatician Member

The NBA D-League: Where careers go to die.

4. basketballholic

Whiteside is now a grown man 260 lbs. He could swallow Noguiera if he wanted to. On another note, I am 45 years old, 5'11" with a bad knee. I know I could body up on Noguiera in the post and stop him. He has absolutely no strength. Just a bag of bones with a basketball in his hands. That kid shouldn't even be drafted. Sorry.

Zeke? Love the stroke. But just don't see it with him. Too slow. I am feeling like Muscala is too slow. This kid is about 50% of Muscala's speed.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

With time Nogueira will bulk up. I am really impressed with his progress over the past season. I remember GM's watching him play last season and growning in disgust. Now they are comparing him to the current top player in this draft. Good jump.

6. Rocket Booster

True, but let's not pretend that he was doing much of anything at all.

http://basketball.eurobasket.com/player/Lucas_Nogueira/Asefa_Estudiantes_Madrid/226125

Very average (being overly generous) production in the Spanish League, which is a lower level than Euroleague.

And this is on a very mediocre club (Estudiantes) also.

That production is more or less the same that Biyombo had in the same level league and same level team before he came to the NBA, minus the shot blocking numbers, where Biyombo was much better.

ACB is definitely a much higher level than NCAA, but still, the guy is a project. Even more of a project I think than Antetokounmpo is.