1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have been offered a 1st round pick for Thomas Robinson (UPDATE: So much for "imminent")

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jun 21, 2013.

1. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

White will be expiring contract next season. If we don't have to move him now, his value wouldn't get any lower going forward...All upside if there's any.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder whether the Rockets will end up having to part with Jones or Motiejunas in the process of clearing cap room. They should have some value in the market among teams looking for upside.

Frankly, I wonder how many of the young bigs-- DMo, Jones, Smith, White and Robinson-- will remain on the team as of opening night 2013. Those not traded for the sake of cap room might well be dealt for veteran players as the team enters a "win now" mode.

3. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Not enough to offer D12, but enough to sign CP3, then we will S&T to get D12 from LA lakes .
    maybe 4 sides transaction:
    A) Houston
    out Lin & Asik
    in D12
    B) Chalotte or Portland or other teams which need C
    in Asik
    out future draft pics
    C) Bucks or Jazz or other teams Which need pg
    in Lin
    out future draft
    D) Lakes
    sign and trade out D12
    in draft pics from B team and C team

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I can't imagine anyone being willing to even take Royce White at all even if the Rockets added a draft pick with him.

5. EgRiFf08

EgRiFf08 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

IMO if they do they'd have to be thinking about playing Dwight Howard as a PF because if they part with Jones or DMo, they'd have nothing at all left at the 4.

7. Carl Herrera

If they part with one, they'd still have the other and maybe Smith. Could also seek a PF via free agency (Elton Brand for the "room" exceptio?) or trade (like Lin for KG).

8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Honestly Ive been thinking this as well. I would surmise they would trade Jones for cap space instead of Smith. They could trade dmo instead, but he seems a better fit in the offense.

But with Smith being so cheap and not saving any significant cap space by trading him, they are better off keeping him and instead trading either dmo/Jones.

9. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

No, Dallas will not have enougt cap space to sidn D12 and CP3
    If Dallas move all rosters aside Dirk, then the total salary (Dirk + 10 roster charges) = 27M, the cap space is 31m about

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I don't know why people keep talking about that, there's no way that happens.

11. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

12. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DMo, Jones, Smith, and Robinson have value on their own. White is the nuclear cockroach of the bunch -- if we're not willing to give something of value with him, he might just survive to take a roster spot, maybe even get a training camp quote from newly acquired players about how much potential he has, before pouting and occasionally playing for the Vipers.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Mark Deeks: It is. RT @Jopatmc1967 Do you know if Royce White's contract is guaranteed against mental disability? (That was negotiable.) Twitter @MarkDeeksNBA

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's probably not guaranteed against breech of contract though.....I wouldn't be surprised at all to hear a story come out about the Rockets attempting to void Royce White's contract.

15. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

This is why I've been saying don't be surprised if Morey includes D-Mo, T. Jones or even Royce in T-Rob package (or separate deal).

Remember when it was "reported" Rockets were shopping T. Jones - and Patterson and Morris were traded.

If the reports of Houston having a first round pick for T-Rob are true (Stein), I wonder if a team would take THAT pick and Royce for a future pick or a player with a non guaranteed salary.

I don't believe part of Morey's sell job will include Dwight taking less. It's possible I guess, but I believe Morey will have the necessary room to make the full offer when he sits down with Dwight and his team in L.A.

16. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Bima, correct anything you see that is not permitted in the above post...lol

17. jackiespam

jackiespam Member

Morey goal in moving trob contract is just simple to move it while not taking much salary to no salary. There is no need for smith when you sign Howard so they can let him go, Anderson will be gone, Dmo and jones could be in the move also to max the cap room, outside of harden and parson, no player will be safe, morey will moved them to accomdate the signing of Howard....

18. basketballholic

Don't forget the $100k we owe Tyler Honeycutt. A small amount of money but at $58.5 million, every penny counts.

19. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

20. Carl Herrera

It is unlikely to help the pursuit of Dwight. Such a contract dispute is likely to require arbitration under the CBA, which will take months to run its course at the very least. May even require a lawsuit which takes even longer.