1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Latest on what Lakers will do with Dwight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaychi, Jun 16, 2013.

1. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

What "insiders" have ever been banned from CF.NET?

The only one that I can recall is the infamous Steve Francis insider TroyBaros. And he only got run because he initially sent Clutch an email explaining his relationship with SF3 and then tried to claim it was much more. The final straw for him was he claimed that Francis was making contract demands that were in fact illegal under the CBA. TroyBaros did have some access to Steve Francis but he overstated his relationship and embelished things with a few facts of his own. That's why he got banned.

I have no idea the true extent of Doc Rocket, Popeye or cyberx's "insiderness". As long as they're only talking about what players/teams were talking about or what they are thinking then how would you ever prove them wrong? And if you can't prove them wrong then how can you ban them? Is it all true, all a lie, true with personal spin added? It's impossible to know.

Maybe all of those guys are/were true insiders but I don't think the fact that Clutch hasn't banned someone proves that they are indeed a true insider.
    Likewise, just because Clutch hasn't spoken up for an insider doesn't mean that they are a fraud either.

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

This is rich. I listen to established sources, like Woj. I don't blindly follow and trust every word from an anonymous self-proclaimed insider -- a guy we haven't met and someone of which we have minimal knowledge of his identity. Somehow, that makes me the conspiracy theorist here? :grin:

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

4. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Chandler Parsons was being interviewed on the radio last week by Charlie and Lance I think. Anyway he said he had watched a little bit of the finals, but that it was hard to watch, because he wanted to be playing in the Finals and not watching.

5. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Mavs' pick is top 20 protected for years, then it turns into either a 2nd or nothing IRRC. Don't see Dallas as a top 10 team for awhile. Could end up being a worthless asset.

6. supa

supa Contributing Member

Nope, it turns into a first round unprotected pick.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

My suspicion all along was that Howard or his agent is using us to get what he wants from the Lakers.

8. Raven

Raven Member

And what does he want from the Lakers?

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The firing of Dan Tony and the hiring of Fil Jackson

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. bandwagon

bandwagon Member

The Mavs pick is almost completely worthless. That pick is Top 20 protected in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017. If the Mavs still haven't given up the pick in 2018, only then will it become unprotected.

And from what I understand, the Mavs have the option to remove the protection any year they want. So if the Mavs keep stinking it up and 2018 is getting near, they'll just give up their pick before 2018 comes around.

It's a junk draft pick.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

What happened? Having to log in, I thought there was a trade. Why is everyone turning into "Fair Dinkum" on Cyberx?

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Dwight cheating on Harden and Chandler with Phil Jackson. Tsk tsk.

It doesn't look good. BLAH.

14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

If Howard wants to be play for a contender for many years to come, he will sign with the Rockets. The Mavs and the Lakers are old. The Clippers if they bring Garnet and Pierce, will likely be capped out.

I suspect in the coming meeting with the Rockets, Howard will demand the signing of his friend Josh Smith and Morey will acquiesce to that request if that would bring D12 into the fold.

Let's hope Howard makes the rational decision to become a Rocket.

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

In other words, same old pitch. "But... but... we're LA!" No concrete plan for the foreseeable future. Pretty certain Dwight will be able to see through that.

16. Gay4Battier

Gay4Battier Member

of course he is staying in LA like i have been saying all along

you guys are so silly thinking he was coming here :)

ROFL

17. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

edit-

#377 Ricksmith, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
    2 people like this.
  18. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

PM me plz I wants it

19. baseballa56k

baseballa56k Member

I want it too! We saw what you said.

1 person likes this.
  20. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Unfortunate the way things are turning out. Bringing Phil on as an "informal consultant" almost seems like a cop out. Houston should counter by doing the same with Hakeem.

If you're Morey, all you can hope for is that your presentation really speaks to Dwight, and I think it will. He's not wasting his time, like me, reading up on Howard rumors, fretting about a situation that he currently can't control. He's doing the only the he can do: prepare.

As for me, I'm going to hope for the best, but prepare for the worst (which really isn't that bad).