1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dwight and CP3 hope to team up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lancerthompson, Jun 14, 2013.

1. jocar

jocar Member

Rumor here. Rumor there. Jolly good. Carry on!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

A mediocre PG and a very good one-way center at near max money each are not good trade bait. If their cap hit reflected their salary in year 3, maybe they'd have value as expirings, but with so many teams paranoid of paying the luxury tax, there's no way someone is going to pay 2x cap hit.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. harden man

harden man Member

Lins not going anywhere....Howard is not coming to Houston and Chris Paul is NEVER coming to Houston. Howard stays in LA LA land.

Morley goes after a quality 4 and gets one.

all you Lin haters are going to be living with Jeremy for at least 2 more years. Yu should be hoping that they start bring Harden off screens and get someone Lin can pick and roll with.

The offense for the Rockets is no the problem, its defense and that is certainly not Lins fault....you migh look at Harden though.

5. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Oh, so THIS is what a LOF is. I'm jp :p

I think Howard coming to Houston is around 50% chance right now. Hope it comes to fruition -- we'll have to see.

Not sure who Morley is, but I'm glad to gets a quality 4. And get someone Lin can pick and roll with? Dang, and here I thought that is what Asik did...

Defense is the big problem for the Rockets, but that is pretty much the fault of everyone not named Asik. Bev's great man on man, but not great on defensive rotations and team defense. Lin is at best average across the board, w/ too much helping on defense. Harden over-helps as well, or does nothing at all on defense. Whole team lacks a true defensive scheme or good defensive execution. Even Parsons is now just average, unlike his rookie yr. I know, more energy spent on offense, but we need a perimeter stopper imo.

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

If I could be summed up in one acronym like all the other posters on this board, I would be a CPOH. I don't like Chris Paul. I don't want him on my team. I don't care about the results. Keep that punk and his dirty style of play and his clubhouse killing personality off my team.

Lin could suck and get dumped, or he could develop a shot, cut down on TO's, and blossom into a borderline all-star PG like we had with Lowry. I'll be happy with the latter but secure with the former, knowing that Morey has the ability to cut and run to nab another serviceable to really good PG out on the market if need be.

Ever since Chris Paul butted his nose into this, everything's become so COM-PLICATED. Go back to your Los Angeles bowling alley Chris Paul, kick it back and some cold ones with the Dude.

7. Gay4Battier

Gay4Battier Member

some of you are so silly

no one is coming to houston

lock thread.

just wait and see :)

8. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

I am actually willing to bet you a lot of money that someone is coming to Houston :p :cool:

9. jocar

jocar Member

Does anyone know how Lowry increased his 3pt shooting by 10% the summer of 2010? He went from 5 years of 27% to 36% and never dropped back.

10. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

I apologize in advance for any CBA mistakes as I'm definitely not an expert.

Bima or a few of our other "experts", please correct me if necessary.

If this reported trade between the Clips and Boston goes down, I don't see Dwight being able to get to the Clippers - well, I feel it's unlikely anyway.

If the Clips get KG and Doc for D. Jordan and Butler's expiring contract - and the Clips take either Terry or C. Lee since they are reportedly relenting on having to have Bledsoe in the deal - they'll be at around 66.2M in salary (according to my calculations). Paul (18.4), Griffin (17.4), Green (1.4), KG (12.4), Crawford (5.2), Bledsoe (2.6) and either Terry or Lee (5.2). Add in 3.5 for the necessary cap holds and you're at around 66.2, I believe.

So, since they are going to be over the apron (likely 62.5M), they cannot receive a signed and traded player - unless they're salary is lowered AND they are BELOW the apron after the trade.

Now, if the Lakers would accept a deal of Griffin, Bledsoe, Willie Green and say Jamal Crawford (total of 26.6M) for Dwight (20.5) and Goudelock (RFA, but I assume his tender will be around 1M?), this would likely put them under the apron by around half a million. (after adding back in two cap holds since they'd be trading four for two).

But, seriously... while I could see the Lakers CONSIDERING a deal with Blake Griffin and Bledsoe, do they want to jeopardize their ability to go after the big boys in 2014? (LeBron, Bosh, Melo... or the lesser guys in Gay, Granger, Wade).

If they made the trade for Griffin, Bledsoe, Crawford and Green, they could amnesty Metta and be around the same salary as this year. But, then, in 2014-2015 they'd have around 40M committed (with guaranteed and cap holds) already not including having to make a QO to Bledsoe for 3.7M - still enough to go after ONE big gun, but not two. And this doesn't even include Kobe's salary in 14-15. What would he accept or play for? He's already stated he wants TWO more cracks at a title.

Do they view Griffin as much of a franchise player as they may feel they can get in 14-15?

All of this without knowing if the CLIPS would view Howard as being more valuable than Griffin, Crawford and Bledsoe moving forward with KG and Doc.

With KG's ability to play center, do they feel it'd be easier and they'd be more effective to pick up a defensive big like Dalembert, while keeping Griffin.

I think it tightens up what they want to go after in 14-15 big time. Then again, if they view Griffin as "that type of player", it COULD happen. But, that's a lot of "ifs" and assumptions".

Just some thoughts...

11. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Why would anyone make a definitive statement that they don't have any real information about?

I guess it's preempting the disappointment.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Apron is mid 70s, not 60s

13. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Thanks Larvs....

Misread the CBA FAQ's.... Still have to wonder if they feel an aging Kobe, Blake and one of the big guns that will possibly be available are "enough" and they'd rather have the freedom to go after two or one and two of the smaller guys.

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Lol cyberx...What did he expect?

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

It was thanks to that one moron who outed him for no reason. **** that guy.

16. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Oh yea, I forgot about that. Bummer

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

I just want to reiterate what it's generally mean by Chris Brussard's "sources."

From a recent article

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/9395337/monta-ellis-milwaukee-bucks-opt-contract-sources

So according to his "sources", the Lakers are going to spend their 2014 FA money on Ellis, and Dwight Howard thinks Ellis is a capable replacement for Kobe or Harden.

18. ejarts

ejarts Member

man, I miss the thrill of the 14th pick. I wish we never got harden

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Impossible for Lakers to get Ellis. The Lakers obviously can not sign him out right and the can not get him in a sign and trade since the rules of the CBA prohibit the Lakers from receiving any player that has to be signed prior to being traded to them. The Lakers can only receive a player in a trade that is already under contract since they are so far over the salary cap.

20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Where is that mentioned?