1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dwight and CP3 hope to team up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lancerthompson, Jun 14, 2013.

1. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Thanks, will rep you once I have spread some around. It's interesting that, at least in the pages immediately following it, nobody seems to address the post by Coon. I understand he is the CBA and salary cap king, but what kind of insider connections does he have within the lakers organization? I don't read too much Lakersground, but from that post it sounds like he might know some things.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Simmons: I think Dwight Howard signs with Houston in July and I think it's part of his master plan, he's just gonna switch teams every year for the rest of his career. Rent-a-Howard. It's gonna be great.

3. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

This further proved that you have cap space doesn't mean that your target player will sign with you. You may wind up waiting and waiting and waiting until god knows how long.

4. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

umm..who knows? may be the Lakers doesn't want DH goes to the Clippers.:grin:

5. jocar

jocar Member

Lakersground
    lol?

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Man i hope we don't have to go through some **** like this when harden's contract is up. Thank god we have him locked up for the next 5(6?) years.

7. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

If we S&T with lakers for Dwight ..... I don't want to spend all that money for a cp3 or josh smith( or a milsap)

I'd rather save the cash for next off season( isn't that the love and LMA time?)

Why not get Howard, then a few 1yr vet mins while we wait?

Id like them to extend parsons as well.

cp3 isn't worth the money, when we already have James harden.

8. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

First off, CP3 is not worth $18M? Wow in what world? CP3 is worth every penny of that. Indisputably one of the best PGs of all time...smh.

Second off, LMA and Love are not free agents next summer. Earliest is the summer after that, so too far away for us to think about cap room for them.

Third off, extending Parsons certainly is an option, to make him a RFA later on too, but there is a risk, a la Boozer and Cavs debacle. I think Morey lets him go to UFA and hope we can retain him.

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Does anyone else get that feeling like me, that the other superstars in the NBA treat Howard like a little brother pushover? First Kobe says something to the effect of, "he's giving me the last word, he has no choice, I'm gonna talk some sense into him." And now Chris Paul is basically texting him like, "hey you thickheaded little b****, come play with me, you know you wanna". As if Dwight is just gonna fall in line eventually like some petulant child who knows he's acting up.

I really hope Dwight feels this way too and actually is able to make a levelheaded decision about what is best for HIM rather than what's best for everyone else. The bigwigs in LA and New York know this, and they fear this. That's why there's all this noise now to try and confuse him, make the right decision appear that much more unclear when it's night and day to most NBA fans which team he should go to if wants to maximize his chance to win.

10. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

1st- it's not that cp3 isn't worth it.... It's just, is he worth it for a team who already has a dominate all star in the back court, who controls the ball. I feel that money could go to fill other gaps( that make us complete)

2nd- yeah that is to long(I guess I would work to get assets for a S&T, for one of them, with that money)

3rd- that parsons thing sounds like its going to be tricky( money is key, he deservingly is going to want his)

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I agree.

And the funny thing is that the Clippers situation, if they do land Doc and Garnett, is like an evil twin of the Lakers situation: 1) Chris Paul as Kobe, the superstar teammate who will treat Dwight like a little brother, 2) Doc and Garnett as D'Antoni and Nash, a coach and an older star player who had success together in a prior location. So, if Dwight was bothered by D'Antoni listening to Kobe and Nash and not him, he can probably expect Doc to take CP and Garnett's opinions more seriously than Dwight's.

Anyhow, Dwight should definitely make a rational decision for himself this time around and sign with the best situation for himself: the San Antonio Spurs.

12. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

So a friend sent this to me who got it from another friend... so yea... It was a Direct Message so you can't really verify it publicly. It definitely may not be legit.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. ooox

ooox Member

14. jocar

jocar Member

Anyone heard of this yet? (poster on lakersground)

sound legit?

1 person likes this.
  15. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

You can't direct message him I just
    Tried

16. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Seems feasible

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Not really. There has to be a way to clear cap room without sacrificing Asik and saddling HOU with $5M dead money.

The deal you posted is a really dumb way to try to clear cap room.

18. meh

meh Contributing Member

No it doesn't, for several reasons.

1. Trading Asik and Robinson doesn't free up enough salary for both Howard and Josh Smith. Not unless both are taking major paycuts. And in Howard's case, this paycut would affect his 2nd paycheck 3 years later. Both Lin and Asik has to be moved for any Smith/Howard signing. But if that's the case, why not just sign CP3 instead of Smith?

2. If the Rockets were to trade Asik to a team with cap room, they can get something back. Probably at least a top-10 protected 1st if not more. Whereas Robinson should at worst fetch a future 2nd round pick. The Celtics are not parting with future picks that can be any good. So why would the Rockets deal for what amounts to capspace?

3. Howard WANTS to play with Asik, since Asik help lessen his workload over the course of the season. The only reason why the Rockets would not want to keep Asik, is if he's replaced by a star.

19. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

1) Yes, they overlap some, but so did Harden and WB. Get star talent first; work out kinks later lol.

2) Agreed.

3) We have his bird rights. We can go over the cap to re-sign him. That's the good news.