1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lets see if we can land Brook Lopez!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketboyz1, Jun 14, 2013.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'd rather stay with Asik than pay Lopez $15 million for the next 3 years.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

With Asik on the team, we really don't need Howard. Why would we go after Lopez?

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

There is a way to get there if Brooklyn can unload some contracts. I believe they still have the amnesty available, and there are teams that would take Lopez off their hands.

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Where in my post did I say replace Lopez with Asik?

It's hard to have discussions here because you have to waste so much time and energy clarifying what you said when it was written plain as day the first time.

There is no rather stay with Asik as in my post that you quoted I clearly said that Lopez might be a better fit next to Asik.

5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

You guys sure do seem to like to jump on someone that has an alternate view point that doesn't fit inside your neat little box.

Out come the corny ass, overplayed memes.

6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Because Asik is not a game changing big man in any sense of the word. He struggles to catch and finish what should be easy buckets. Just catching the ball is a whole event for him.

Asik's "amazing" year he just had is not even as good as one of Howard's worst.

I love Asik for what he is, but turning away a legit star like Howard because Asik is on the team is about as asinine as it gets.

7. fattz

fattz Member

I know I am cheap but would rather have brother Robin for a fraction of the cost. PLUS Blanche over Humphries again for a fraction of the cost. Just a better use of cap space.

8. lancerthompson

lancerthompson Contributing Member

If Dwight doesnt come to Houston, Morey can find a better fit than Lopez. Even now, the Rockets have a good amount of young power forwards that can develop and average the same rebounds per game, hit similar outside shots, and not get paid $14 million a year...combined.

If Lopez came to houston, the number of "Brook Lopez is a 7 footer that can't rebound" threads would be unreal.

9. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

The Nets used their amnesty on Travis Outlaw.

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Brook Lopez has one of the most untradeable, and all-around worst contracts in the league. For a 7 footer that can't rebound to be getting paid near the max is ludicrous. These types of moves are EXACTLY how you become a mediocre 4-6 seed every single season with no maneuverability to get better.

11. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Ask Yao Ming who is 7'5" and only had two seasons where he avg 10 rpg

12. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Terrible rebounder who is now trying to play defense (rebounding) oh and he has a great history with his feet.. no thanks!

13. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

That is wayy to many exclamation points for one brook lopez.

14. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

But we had tmac knocking down every jumper and snagging rebounds. Yao would kindly allow tracy to have them.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Brook would be GREAT

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'd take Lopez and his contract... wouldn't be willing to give up much...but I like his window and attitude far more than DHo....let him backup Asik at center and play the 4 with Asik on the floor...

17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

well first of all he's not an average player. he's arguably the best scoring big. his rebounding sucked the prior two season probably because he doesnt try hard if his team sucks. this season he avg 7rpg, coincidence? yeah right

but if we cant get dwight then i def dont want lopez, as if nets would even think about trading him. we got asik, i doubt he can guard pfs the whole season. and lopez defense sucks.

18. verysimplejason

19. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

I used to guard him back in the day and I still grabbed more rebounds than he did, even if he had half a foot on me. Not for this team

20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Again, let's not.

And he is injury prone.