1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Three

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dharocks, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Yeah I have noticed that too. Her wardrobe is kinda awkward because it's tight and wearing the belt a little too high. Kinda remind me of this.

[​IMG]

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xbEhByk4Icg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Did he though?

4. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

In the tv series nobody knows. I don't remember what happen to him in the book.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9pj97yhCOmk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

All of the murder and mayhem in GOT is about preserving and promoting your genetic lineage. Eunuchs don't reproduce therefore can be trusted to promote the "greater good" without a self-interested bias.

6. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Just because a Eunuch doesn't reproduce doesn't mean he doesn't have his own self interest in mind when plotting, nor would it give me abundant reason to trust him, especially Varys. Nor does it mean they have no family to promote otherwise.

Ned Stark and Pycelle were quick to point out their affinity for using poison when he was asking questions about Jon Aryn.

I agree he portrays himself as only serving the Realm, but in what capacity with what potential motives?

I'm just sayin', he's likable, and he seems to care for the Realm's stability, but trusting him is a stretch depending on who's doing the trusting and how far.

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I think the actress playing Arya is filling out with her woman curves and the clunky wardrobe being used to conceal makes it hard for her to move naturally.

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Just speculation:
    He's not shown on the show or in the books, but there's a theory that Syrio was really a faceless man and that he escaped King's Landing by posing as a prisoner named Jaqen H'ghar.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Pycelle is obviously not trustworthy. Ned Stark got the idea about the poison from Pycelle and Pycelle is a proven liar and Lannister loyalist. He's faked his physical ailments, Jamie tells us he lied to the last king about the intentions of Tywin Lannister, he betrayed Tyrion (and got caught). I wouldn't be surprised if HE killed Jon Aryn.

10. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Yeah I remember that theory but still waiting for a concrete evidence. But my problem is that the guy he's facing off is Joffrey's bodyguard is still alive in season 2 but that could be he probably fought he way out just enough to get away.

11. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Come to think of it. I don't believe that Syrio is the faceless man or Jaqen. I mean who are the faceless man and what kind of disguise power do they have? Is it just their facial feature they can change or their whole body physique? Syrio have totally a different body type.

[​IMG]

12. Cannonball

There are some plot lines that appeared so early and haven't been touched on in so long that I wonder if they'll even bother bringing them up again on the show because they think the audience has forgotten. Who killed Jon Arryn is one of those. Another one is who tried to kill Bran (and then Catelyn) in his bed after he fell from the tower? Both are answered in Storm of Swords. If the show answers those questions, it will be next season. I expect the Jon Arryn one will be, not so sure on the other.

13. Cannonball

Can't really answer that without spoiling stuff. Just that we'll find out more about them later.

14. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

jaqen h'ghar was so bad ass. Wish he returned, but i get that "jaqen is dead" and hes gonna have a different face. i just loved the actor and the way he spoke. If he shows up with a new face, i wonder if he will speak the same.

15. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

that'd be bad ass if faceless men ended up being those children of the forest things using magic, but whatevs i guess they are long dead. How come white walkers can live all this time but chidlren of the forest couldn't even with magic. Is there an answer to that without spoilers?

16. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Another question.

Are andals supposed to be like vikings?
    children of the forest-native americans
    Targaryan like romans?
    Dathraki like persians?
    greyjoy-irish
    stark-scottish
    lannister-english
    bravos-spartan/greek
    etc

Are there any quotes from GRRM about any parallels/ties in to history and inspiration with families or races?

17. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I guessed I need to find time and reread the first 3 books and book read book 4 and 5 that I haven't touch yet. Read the first 3 more than 10 yrs ago and I don't really want to get back into it. I would only get back into it if I have the time to go on discussing boards but that days are sadly long gone for me to invest my time in.

18. foo82

foo82 Member

Dothraki are most definitely like Mongols.
    Grejoys/Iron Islands - Vikings
    Lannisters - England
    Tyrells - French?
    Stark - Northern England?

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The North (starks) is Russia/Eastern Europe.
    Yeah I'd say Reach is definitely France
    Lannisters/Weslands is England
    Iron Islands is Scandinavia
    Riverlands is like Belgium, Denmark. Where all the fighting happens lol.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No, I don't think he specifically made it like this. The most I think he's said is that his main inspiration was the War of Roses but really his inspiration comes from history (as most stories even fake ones are based on some kind of reality...) but I think he said he doesn't like making these comparisons, wish I could find the quote on that.