1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Everybody THINKS they know how to stop Tony Parker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Heypartner is weird... Always has been. To Clutch's credit he has given banned posters a second shot.

2. Bamushake

Bamushake Member

this

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This is why you suck.

#63 CometsWin, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. amaru

amaru Member

Agreed. LBJ by himself is just going to get toasted by Parker.

The HEAT will have to find a way to limit Parker's penetration as a team.

Maybe by keeping two players between him and the basket at all times and challenging guys like Joseph and Green to hit big shots.

5. amaru

amaru Member

It does because TP's team actually got the one stat that matters.......they got the W. :cool:

Nobody cares about triple-doubles in a lose......LBJ doesn't care. Not sure why you are hung up on it.

:confused:

6. amaru

amaru Member

Can anybody verify this story?

1 person likes this.
  7. amaru

amaru Member

You can't speak on an internet forum :cool:

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This is not correct at all

I hosted the site for 3 to 4 years. I had the entire site backed up on multiple computers at all times. That's what I do. And that is why Dave called me out of the blue to ask me to host his site

What went wrong is clutchfans was not my most important client on that server. My wife was. Cfnet on that small server would go down weekly. And do you know who knew first. Not dave. Not me. But my wife. She was an Internet maven

So from an era of 2000 through the Yao's first I was the Linux admin. And in the end I pissed of dave and regret that. And we are still friends and he never banned because he is so cool

I really did piss him off. And I regret that. But dude pissed me off too for not understanding that cfnet was not as important to me as my wife's email

I didn't steal anything. Everything was constantly on my machine as backups.

I got made at dave in a stressful year of keeping my Linux server up when my wife was b****ing at me. I regret getting made at dave. And I most regret losing his friendship for almost 7 yrs after the fact

But dave was always cool and never banned me. And now I'm finally just a regular poster again. Until the ******* what brings this back up

#68 heypartner, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. MaliciousMonkey

We need to get away from discussing Tony Parker and more about What's ridiculous reaction to someone disagreeing with him.

This thread is gold though.

10. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Ah. It's good to hear both sides of the story. I thought it's PRISM v1.0 :grin::grin:

I reckon this site migrated away from your hosting, so to be sure, the passwords were reset.

11. munco

munco Member

I never like this logic. The guy shoots amazingly well and if he wanted could definitely put up 20 points a game. I hate seeing posts where people say he only averages ___. It's the same logic that has people think Monta Ellis and JR Smith had great seasons. If you shoot 40% to get your 18 points a game it's not all that great. I'd rather have the guy that scores 14 points on 45% shooting.

He's the best player on the best or second best team in the league. Just because he doesn't put up gaudy numbers does not mean he's not a great player. He plays within the system and delivers when needed.

12. heypartner

^^ pahiyas

What? this is not an anatuer site. Passwords are 128 bit encrypted Dave Can't even steal them. And I deleted all his backups.

You can trust this site because of Dave. Dude is one of the most trustworthy guy I have ever met. And that statement , out loud like this, does reflect on my business reputation.

And in that light

"what" go fick yourself for bringing this back up in self serving way

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

First this....

About half an hour later this....

...another reason why you are one of the biggest assholes on this board.

Even your basketball posts posts are garbage and show how little you know about the game.

A Grizzlies fan who spends most of his time on a Rockets board.

Why are you even here??

1 person likes this.
  14. heypartner

No...you don't remember correctly. The freakout about changing passwords was proven to be unwarranted. And, passwords are 128 bit encrypted anyhow.

The story is this...

In the tail end of 2007 pre-season, I moved from Houston to Boulder. I had one last blowout for the Portland opening game in Houston with the infamous Naismith here. Afterwards he drove my truck of furniture to Boulder. Dude is a pro truck driver.

Before we leave someone posts an oeilpere thread on the board. And I respond saying something like "I know this is not true, for a fact." I continued to say stuff like I had inside info of this post, as a way to catch the poster in a lie. Then I get temp banned.

I went after the fake poster, because I was, and still am, pretty sure oeilpere had already passed away at that time. Then we drink more and wake up to move to Boulder. I move (2 days) and set up and kick back with Naismith. I don't turn on a computer for like 5 days. To find cfnet is being told to reset their password because I apparently am infiltrating oeilpere.

Clutch actually emailed me and BrianKagy several times to ask if the post was us. BrianKagy swear it wasn't him, but I didn't respond because I was moving to Boulder.

So, in the end, the board believed I went Bi-UID in complete disrespect to my internet friend oeilpere, who I told the board months before that I thought had died.

I know I'm weird. But I paid my dues helping the site for 4 years, and then y'all claim I stole oeilpere's passward and posted as him because I wouldn't respond to accusations, when I fact I was moving to Boulder.

It's so funny now, when we look back on it.

bottomline: when I was Linux admin, yes, I could impersonate any of you. But I never did. And your passwords were encrypted, so do get your panties in a wad.

cheers

15. heypartner

btw: I'm pretty sure we got a Luxury Box for the Portland game.

and I have another story about Naismith bringing his 50yr anniversary Corvette to help me move with. I got to drive that while he drove the 28' Penske. There is like 5 stories to tell about the day when heypartner gave up his season tickets to move to Boulder (all in like a 5 day span). It took a lot to do that!!!

16. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Know how I know you're (Jason Collins)?

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Can we talk about how EVERYONE thought they could guard Tony Parker now? the what/hp crap doesnt even seem like that much of an issue.

The bigger issue is that OP only just found out Tony Parker is kind of a tough cover..

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I was a member then but almost never posted, so this is all news to me.

Silly what. Seems he's disliked by so many on this site.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Oielpere is not dead and we corresponded a little over a year ago, it was him posting HP.

Just saying.

DD

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com