1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity.net Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 3/19/2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 19, 2003.

1. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

As an assistant to Rudy T, Larry Smith didn't learn anything. His substitution pattern in the last two games was a joke. Phil Jackson's assistant coaches are tremendous helpful to him. Rudy T and Rockets organization should start to replace Larry the Incompetent ASAP.

2. RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3 Member

Haha, well not tonight for sure. He got 5 total, buddy. Ah, the joys of post-loss, uncalled-for Rocket-bashing... What does it take to shut you people the hell up? A never ending winning streak?

3. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

What's this? Larry Smith?:rolleyes:

4. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

THat would help :D

5. ming1111

ming1111 Member

You said it right,man "Ming is perfect"

6. silvercatt

silvercatt Contributing Member

u forgot to mention those video editors. anyone who is currently working for the Rockets, whether you are a ball boy or a custodian, please do not quit your job... someday you might get promoted to be an assistance coach.

7. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

I said just the other night before these two losses, that the second we start losing again, people are going to stop singing Mobley's praises like they had been and start up with this r****ded bashing again. Believe me, this team's fortunes don't ride on Mobley's successes and failures, as everyone seems to think they do.

Mark my words...when (or if) we start winning to end the season, everyone is going to start raving about Cat's game again. You watch.

8. ming1111

ming1111 Member

I won't

9. acrophobia98

acrophobia98 Member

Even the commentator kept saying why not give Yao the ball. If you do not give Yao the ball, Houston will lose; and If Yao is on the Utah team, he will score 30 points per game. He said so many times that Yao was wide open but Mobley ignored him and took a 3-point shot and missed.

I though Franchise has changed to team play in the 5-game winning streak; but in the last two games, the same mode mode resumed. It was also ISO. Even Yao had the ball, nobody moved. The same applied when Franchise or Mobley had the ball, no one else moved at all. All dribbling.

Man, how come your highest percentage shooter took only eight or nine shots per game. No wonder, we lost the last two games.

:(

10. carayip

carayip Member

Actually I don't believe that there are any Yao-only fans on this BBS anymore. I mean which non-Rockets fans would like to watch such a crappy, ISO-happy, no ball movement team and care them enough to discuss so much about them?

11. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Oh, and for the record, quit frickin' calling him "Ming." You either call him "Yao Ming" or "Yao." Not Ming.

12. story_teller

story_teller Member

Yeah, carayip, I asked the same thing in an earlier post. I just don't get it, man. Hopefully we (the Rockets) make the playoffs, but if not, something needs to be done. The coach/the owner/the GM/whoever, needs to tell the players, "Look, Yao Ming and Steve Francis are our best players. The offense will go through Yao, then Steve, and whatever is left for the rest of you guys, make due. If you can't live with that, then we'll find someone who can."

What a great post, carayip. Every expert of basketball talks about Yao and Francis becoming a great one-two tandem. But it will never happen if we have guys that think THEY should be superstars.

13. Yun

Yun Member

No.. way. Mobley's game does not fit into this current team, period.
    He is a good player but not a role player. So trade him for someone else. It wil benefit both the rocket and him.

14. acrophobia98

acrophobia98 Member

A good observation. He is either tired or disincentive. In the game tonight, he was wide open several times in the first half but ignored by Mobley and once by Franchise. He did not show anything; but came back strong in the 3rd quarter.

In the fourth quarter, however, I don't know whether he was disincentive due to being benched for a long period of time or having no touch out there, he simply did not contest shots at the defensive end. Maybe he was not happy with a couple of wild (blind desperate) passes by Franchise after a long dribbling.

In any case, he was moodless in the last two games.

:( :(

15. superpro

superpro Member

Are you sure you know basketball? The guards of Portland and Seatle burnt us in the last two games. To win the game you have to put up your defense. I don't care about Cat's ISO's, turnovers that much, but I do care when I saw numerous times of him leaving his man open. That was disgusting.

16. Surf_Cn

Surf_Cn Member

laid off mObley and smith!

17. acrophobia98

acrophobia98 Member

I too. The coaching was bad.

:(

18. bobododo

bobododo Member

What's wrong with the Rockets is that no one moves without the ball. They need to watch the Kings play.

19. story_teller

story_teller Member

*lol* That would be pretty scary if the Rox trade Francis and Yao, but keep Mobley.

:eek:

20. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

From what i got out of this game is that Yao got the rockets back into the game when there was an effort to get him the ball he hit his shots and he got others easier shots. There is a heck alot more ball movement when yao is involved. The rockets got back in the game b/c of yao than the team and coaches were like thanks yao we will take it from here. Yao was benched for to many minutes and when he was in the game he might as well been on the bench because there was 0 effort to get him involved. Once the Rockets figure out that Big Men win games because they can get easier shots for themselves and their teammates the team will start to see more wins. To me it seems like at home since Yao is what the fans want to see there is an effort to get him the ball but on the road the effort at times is non-exsistent. Overall crummy performance by the rockets over the last two games. On a bright note eddie is looking alot better as the season goes on :cool: