1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

IF we do get Dwight Howard, other FA possibilites?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketaggie89, Jun 3, 2013.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Asik for Anderson works straight up.

May even be able to get at the least a 2nd round pick from them, considering we're giving up a legit 7' shot blocker with superior defensive skills. You know those are still hot commodities in this league.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

This Trade is Successful!
    Start OverAdjust TradeSave Trade
    Try This Trade
    Houston Rockets
    Owed Tax
    -$16,892,637
    Cap Room
    $4,972,344
    PlayerSalary PER

R. Anderson$8,700,000 18.2
    PF 4 Years
    Acquiring 1 Player
    $8,700,000
    Hollinger's Analysis: +3 Wins
    With this trade you have increased this team's projected wins by 3.
    New Orleans Hornets
    Owed Tax
    -$6,213,584
    Cap Room
    -$5,571,014
    PlayerSalary PER

Omer Asik$8,374,646 14.9
    C 3 Years
    Acquiring 1 Player
    $8,374,646
    Hollinger's Analysis: -2 Wins
    With this trade you have decreased this team's projected wins by 2.
    Projected Record Note:
    Projected records are based on the PER of the players in each team’s post-trade rotation. Taking into account the players traded and the ability of their replacements, it is possible for each team in a trade to have a better projected record, or for each team to have a worse one, or for one team to be better and another to be worse by a different number of games.

Sorry I don't really know how to post the actual trade screen.

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Asik and dmo for Anderson and robin Lopez

3. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Jeremy Lin will be our third star IF he improves and learns from his mistakes, and STAYS consistent.

4. Rocketaggie89

Rocketaggie89 Member

I know everyone wants Garcia back for the most part, I still think PF will be a huge hole.

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Josh Smith.

Makes too much sense for all sides. He's an excellent fit in this scheme and reportedly wants to be in Houston. Brings weak-side shotblocking, defense and the transition game. Good friends with Dwight. For Atlanta, putting Asik as their starting center next to Horford makes for an excellent young frontcourt and is much better than losing Smith for nothing.

Without Dwight, signing Smith doesn't make financial sense for the Rockets (unless the deal is really short). But with him? He's an ideal 3rd/4th wheel, and our most movable asset in Asik would seem to fit perfectly in Atlanta. That's my bet.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Feigan was on 790 the other day and believes based on what he's hearing from the Rockets, its CP3/Howard, or nobody.

The only way they take on someone like Smith, Millsap, or Jefferson is if the deal is so team friendly that they can have the ability to waive them next Summer if possible.

And we all know Josh Smith is going to get a much better offer than that... MAYBE Millsap, but even that's still unlikely.

..............................................................................................

I personally think the best option if he's available would be Pau Gasol if the Rockets miss out on Dwight... Assuming he's let go for next to nothing given the small amount of teams that can afford to bring him in.

Still, If the Lakers re-sign Dwight, its most likely because they came up with a pretty good pitch that they would be able to compete for a title next season.... which means they are probably keeping Gasol to compete in the short term.

......................................................................................................

If that Pau deal is off the table, I stand pat with what I have, and get ready for next seasons free agency frenzy. You also better hope that young players like Jones/D-Mo etc. restore some value in trades. You might be relying on them to have a shot at getting someone like Cousins from Sacramento in trade.

7. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Tony Allen, Francisco Garcia and David West

8. Swishh

Swishh Member

Love is the best PF in the game when healthy(which he has been except for this past year)....PERIOD.

If we had Harden,Love, and Howard, we would have the 3 best players at their position. Howard is best Center, Love is best PF(when healthy), and Harden is the best SG in the NBA now that Kobe is coming off his injury and Wade is done.

That team would be the best in the West, and a huge favorite to win it all.

I don't want Smith either, that would be one of my last options. If we signed Dwight, I'd trade Asik, hopefully for Love, and then trade Lin for cap relief, and improve our bench by maybe signing someone like an OJ Mayo.

9. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

If we miss on D12

10. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

If we get Dwight we should just keep the guys we have but Lin must be able to hit that spot up 3 point shot!!!

11. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Trade Asik. Get Pierce and Garnett. Possible with some creativity.

C: Howard, Garnett
    PF: (Big) DMo, TJones, Garnett, Smith; (Small) Parsons, Delfino
    SF: Parsons, Delfino, Pierce
    SG: Harden, Pierce
    PG: Lin, Bev

12. Nero

Nero Member

Oh God... this is going to be a long month.

13. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Chris Paul should be the goal. If that doesn't work out I still could see a trade of Asik and Lin for Granger. Maybe a third team involved but that's who we'd send out and receive. Again Granger is a massive expiring contract and has the potential to be your big 3 if he bounces back from injury.

14. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I'd like to see Josh Smith or Paul Millsap to be our third man, but I think a Big Duo of Harden & Howard should be sufficient enough as long as we build up a good supporting cast.

Jermaine O'Neal should be available for cheap. Would make a good back-up center. 6'11.

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Jermaine O'neal is garbage although already has won a game for this group of guys so they might have some faith in him.

If we don't get D12 or CP3, just wait it out for next year. Give Andrew Bynum 15 million with a team option for next year.

16. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

Asik for Portland's #10 overall pick.

17. Swishh

Swishh Member

[​IMG]

18. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

A shutdown defensive wing player

19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Kevin Martin